Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Hey, so I'm pretty new to photoshop, and I'm having a bit (a lot) of trouble drawing digital art. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and maybe critique this (shitty) drawing of mine? I know the back arms a bit messed up....Anyway, thanks so much smile

http://dude-looks-like-a-lizard.tumblr.com/post/100376146406/its-just-a-sketch-that-im-working-on-but-heres#notes
Are you drawing all on the same layer and just using the paint bucket to fill?

I ask because of the white edges all around your lines.

Photoshop (and most painting programs) have layers. You can have pretty much as many as your computer's memory will allow you to have (which is going to be a lot more than you probably ever will use).
Lineart generally goes all on one layer (I sometimes use up to 10 layers for lines so I can do easy corrections and movements if I need to) and colours on another layer (or 40).

Ignoring that, your drawing looks very stiff. Try to be more loose with your lines to create more motion.

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
SailorVera
Are you drawing all on the same layer and just using the paint bucket to fill?

I ask because of the white edges all around your lines.

Photoshop (and most painting programs) have layers. You can have pretty much as many as your computer's memory will allow you to have (which is going to be a lot more than you probably ever will use).
Lineart generally goes all on one layer (I sometimes use up to 10 layers for lines so I can do easy corrections and movements if I need to) and colours on another layer (or 40).

Ignoring that, your drawing looks very stiff. Try to be more loose with your lines to create more motion.

I was originally using different layers but somehow my computer got stuck on the magic wand tool and I did use the paint bucket. I guess I should use a brush then on a separate layer?
thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces