Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a piece I'm working for as a commission, so I can't change the character design (yes, she's supposed to have slightly bigger than normal feet and hands). The pose was also requested, so no I can't make her sitting, or standing or whatever.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..

Also, I was specifically asked for no background, so that's why there isn't one ^^;;; I guess what I want to know is mostly if they anatomy is correct (bearing in mind the hands and feet are supposed to be bigish) and if the style in general is okay. All opinons welcomed!

(also note, colouring is just a plan layer, I intend to colour better than that, lol, and obviously, there'll be no watermark on the finished version)
Well, from my judgment, the anatomy itself seems spot on.
The thing I feel makes the picture seem off though, is at her elbow. The back of the arm behind the bicep should be going into the elbow section rather than overlapping it, I would've though. And then the little V you have at her joint doesn't seem to corroposnd with any real muscle.
It looks almost as if you've stretched the tricep further down than where it normally is.

But that's nitpicking since I don't see any anatomy flaws, I just feel it would look a lot nicer as a whole if you fixed that part up. I feel it would also make the fact that you got everything right because you knew what you were doing, rather than getting lucky. Which is just what that elbow part seems like it could indicate to me. ^^;;;

Like said though, just nitpicking so maybe you could find out that you felt the same or maybe it was planned like that. ^_^
The image though, I do really enjoy. I dunno if you really should change the colouring/lighting. Maybe leave this version and do the colouring on a copy and see which one works best, because as it is now I think the very soft shading looks nice on it. Makes the girl more cheery looking and gives a light and gentle feel to the image ^_^
* looks at the 'v' * You're right - actually, I don't even know what that's supposed to be sweatdrop , I think I might actually be on the t-shirt layer and I just haven't rubbed it out properly.
Looking at the elbow now, I also think I need to make the bicep bigger. The character was described as having some muscles, but not being one of those 'muscly' types.
But no, I'm deffinatley gonna recolour this. I think colouring is what I'm best at, so it'd be a damned shame to leave it as this 3 min coulouring job, and I think my commissioner would be a bit piffed, lol.
Well in that case, I'd deffinately move the line you have for the tricep up, erase the tip of it so it doesn't overlap the elbow itself. Remember, unless she's tensing you won't really get the deffinition so don't over do it with the line strokes whee
But yeah, pull the highest bulge of her tricep up just a little and have it come back inwards and straighten out letting the line meld with the elbow joint.
Meh, I'm sure you know this ^^:;; I most likely know less than you do.

{edited out crap that was wrong whee } 3nodding

Do remember to show us when you're done! blaugh
Mini edit! Altered the elbow, flipped the image, shortened the torso adn made the hands and feet even bigger.

Heh, I don't understand a thing about muscle stucture or anatomy (Although I'm always getting complimented on it in my art sweatdrop ). I just draw what my mind's eye thinks it should look like. It's how I've alsways drawn, I hate the idea of using bone structures or circle/box skeletons for my drawings, it takes away the fun for me^^;
omg artoki that girl look just like me in real life
i swear its thrue
and i love it
xp
Gokuuk
Well, from my judgment, the anatomy itself seems spot on.
The thing I feel makes the picture seem off though, is at her elbow. The back of the arm behind the bicep should be going into the elbow section rather than overlapping it, I would've though. And then the little V you have at her joint doesn't seem to corroposnd with any real muscle.
It looks almost as if you've stretched the tricep further down than where it normally is.

But that's nitpicking since I don't see any anatomy flaws, I just feel it would look a lot nicer as a whole if you fixed that part up. I feel it would also make the fact that you got everything right because you knew what you were doing, rather than getting lucky. Which is just what that elbow part seems like it could indicate to me. ^^;;;

Like said though, just nitpicking so maybe you could find out that you felt the same or maybe it was planned like that. ^_^
The image though, I do really enjoy. I dunno if you really should change the colouring/lighting. Maybe leave this version and do the colouring on a copy and see which one works best, because as it is now I think the very soft shading looks nice on it. Makes the girl more cheery looking and gives a light and gentle feel to the image ^_^

yet again I find myself agreeing with him
Wow! That's really amazing! Crazily amazing! biggrin biggrin *Muffins all around!*
Btw I do like the fix I had posted that I agreed as to what needed to be fixed because I looked at it a while back and forgot to post it, the fix looks very good
I think she looks beautiful so far... The only thing I can think of is that she seems to have two right feet. Or maybe I'm imagining things sweatdrop
Auriana
I think she looks beautiful so far... The only thing I can think of is that she seems to have two right feet. Or maybe I'm imagining things sweatdrop

**looks** Nope, I can see it too!! Unless we're both imagining things...Anywho!! Very pretty!! And well drawn!
Holy crap... I can't believe I didn't notice that earlier. I fear my commenting and observation skills are failing =X
But yeah, two right feet. Better fix that one up, much worse that the elbow thing that I noticed.

And Godon! I can't believe you didn't notice that. Urgh what's wrong with us?
Oh my gawd! It looks so much like a real life person! It's so pretty! And the lack of background doesn't matter a bit! xd biggrin
I really really like it. wow. It's really really good.
I do like it. Aside from the things you've already pointed out and such it looks good. The foot thing was what blew my mind!! You don't notice unless you look for it..talk about fluid!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff