Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Hey there.

I've been a gaia member since 2004. I stopped for a long time. Now I am back and trying to see if there are any other college aged Gaia members on here.. I feel quite old. Coughing up dust over here.
'05 Joiner here! There are a lot of us from the early years no worries!

Aged Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Faerie_Dreamer
'05 Joiner here! There are a lot of us from the early years no worries!

Oh thank goodness. I was worried I was going to seem like a creep sweatdrop
Samantha Bookworm

Oh thank goodness. I was worried I was going to seem like a creep sweatdrop
I know how you feel! I'll be chatting in the forums and then figure out that the person I'm talking to has got to be super young... sweatdrop In real life you can usually tell by looking at someone their approximate age but here... Soo, I see you are a fellow bibliophile! What genres are your favorite? I read a wide variety of books, but I do prefer more upbeat things in general.

Aged Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Faerie_Dreamer
I know how you feel! I'll be chatting in the forums and then figure out that the person I'm talking to has got to be super young... sweatdrop In real life you can usually tell by looking at someone their approximate age but here... Soo, I see you are a fellow bibliophile! What genres are your favorite? I read a wide variety of books, but I do prefer more upbeat things in general.

Oh My. Where do I begin? I used to adore fantasy but i grew out of that... then I moved into crime novels and thrillers--and then when I started college I stopped reading for leisure. Ive been reading all academic texts for the last four years and I'm trying to get back into reading now that i've been afforded a little more time... If you have some upbeat suggestions, I am open.
Samantha Bookworm

Oh My. Where do I begin? I used to adore fantasy but i grew out of that... then I moved into crime novels and thrillers--and then when I started college I stopped reading for leisure. Ive been reading all academic texts for the last four years and I'm trying to get back into reading now that i've been afforded a little more time... If you have some upbeat suggestions, I am open.
Hmm, let's see. I'm fond of Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series have you read any of them?

Aged Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Faerie_Dreamer
Hmm, let's see. I'm fond of Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series have you read any of them?
I can't say that I have, but I'll definitely check it out! What do you like about the series?
Samantha Bookworm
Faerie_Dreamer
I can't say that I have, but I'll definitely check it out! What do you like about the series?
Ok, so he is a British author and his books are very funny with odd offbeat humor. He has repeating characters but the books do not always focus on the same characters, so one book will be focused on Sam Vimes and the rest of the Watch (Police), while the next might focus on the Wizard Rincewind. You mentioned Fantasy and Crime so I wound up jumping to this series because the books I started on where the ones focused on the City Watch, um, it is super hard to describe his world because it is not anywhere near traditional fantasy! I find it more grown-up and clever than a lot of books out there. Death is an actual character in his books, he shows up in most of them, if not all and even has some books where he is the main character. One of the books with Death as the main character has him taking over for that worlds version of Santa as he has gone missing. I really love every book I've read so far! I would have the entire series if I could afford it, but they are hard to find in used book stores and with book prices who they are nowadays...

Aged Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Faerie_Dreamer
Samantha Bookworm
Faerie_Dreamer
Ok, so he is a British author and his books are very funny with odd offbeat humor. He has repeating characters but the books do not always focus on the same characters, so one book will be focused on Sam Vimes and the rest of the Watch (Police), while the next might focus on the Wizard Rincewind. You mentioned Fantasy and Crime so I wound up jumping to this series because the books I started on where the ones focused on the City Watch, um, it is super hard to describe his world because it is not anywhere near traditional fantasy! I find it more grown-up and clever than a lot of books out there. Death is an actual character in his books, he shows up in most of them, if not all and even has some books where he is the main character. One of the books with Death as the main character has him taking over for that worlds version of Santa as he has gone missing. I really love every book I've read so far! I would have the entire series if I could afford it, but they are hard to find in used book stores and with book prices who they are nowadays...

Sounds right up my alley!! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out.. I love offbeat humor.
Samantha Bookworm

Sounds right up my alley!! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out.. I love offbeat humor.
I hope you like it! It is one of my favorite series.

Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Wow, that's a long time. eek

Bashful Loiterer

Samantha Bookworm

Welcome back!~ I'm another 04 and Illinoisan (I peaked at your profile). I'm also age wise an older Gaian as well. xD

Super Girl

36,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Junior Trader 100
hiya,welcome back to gaia razz

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Welcome back to Gaia.

Aged Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
TaijimaNarumi
Samantha Bookworm

Welcome back!~ I'm another 04 and Illinoisan (I peaked at your profile). I'm also age wise an older Gaian as well. xD
So glad I'm not the only one!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces