Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi, I'm new and I've been exploring the site and several people make references to "noobs" and "newbies" and how some people hate one but not the other. If anyone could tell me the difference and explain any other lingo I might not be aware of, I'd really appriciate it.
Thank you!
~el draconis~
Quite frankly, there is not much of a difference between the two. Others just believe there is and try to make others feel worse when they dislike their attitudes and/or style of talking.

Someone they refer to a newbie is new to the area and is in need of refreshing to the area. Lacks knowledge on his or her new surroundings.

If they call you a noob, they're pretty much saying you don't know what you're doing, you're an idiot, yet you should in tune with the program.

To me the term noob is nothing but a lame excuse for an insult.
although your most likely no longer there -
n00b = annoying member of gaia, the can be on gaia for any amount of time. they beg for gold, flame others for no reason, think they are cool, ask for gaia gf and bf's, sexual antics...I can tell you more add me ^^

newbies- a new member to gaia

oldbies- an old member, a n00b can be a newbie or an oldbie
i think its just something people say about the new people on here... if u need more hlep hit me up sometime... later beans .... and no i am not calling u beans its just something i like to say...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff