Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
Actually, regardless that I lost everything in Resort world, I am neither upset or mad about it. Basically, I was donating to keep the game on and knew it was reaching it's end when it got to the point (It wasn't even doing any weekly events anymore or the game got to the point that some people couldn't play on it due to bug issues (lol that was when minecraft took over my time) XD).

Overall, I'm coming to face you today after months of being away from gaia wondering...

"How do you feel about viximo company and these games outside of gaia?"

As you know, when they first started doing this, we were all excited that we were going to get more games fast. However, I know most people didn't expect the games canceling out after putting so much money into it.

As of now, this is the list of games we lost during the time they started accepting the outside game approach:

Mahjongg Dimension (game fixing issues)
Backyard Monster (game upgrade)
Summer Springs (game ownership changes)
Resort World (not confirmed)

I feel like I am missing one game, but frontier skies game was originally a gaia made game. However there was a bunch of fixes and people took advantage of the game.

In the end, I don't know how you guys feel. I'm not asking you to agree or disagree with me, but I'd rather understand how everyone is at with these games now.

In my opinion, whenever each game was removed, I paid attention to most people who tried to fight for the game, who was upset that it was gone, and the people who tried to get answers. I didn't laugh at them, make fun of them, or degrade them because I kinda already know.... we were in the same exact boat. It was just at different times. The game was gonna sink today or tomorrow anyway.

Heck, even I believed that once viximo goes down, we're gonna lose monster galaxy unless they transfer that game to another provider or make it set in stone as a gaia game. Who knows. I play monster galaxy still, but I'm just waiting for it's time to run out, but hopefully for everyone's fun sake it will not.

In the end of loosing all these games, we gained maybe 2 games extra through the year: Chaos of Herald and Soul Crash.

I just want to hear where you stand. Will you still donate money to these games? Do you trust that these games will last more than a year?

I will express where I stand about these games. Out of all these years of supporting online games like nexon company, og, and other online games I've played. I'm probably not gonna support any more games here on gaia unless they prove themselves to stay for at least 2 years minimum just like I did with other online games I've played. My minimum was 2 years before I start supporting a game. I am gonna apply the same traits to any gaia game posted online.

So basically, I'm gonna stand aside for 2 years and let those who want to keep the game on support it. Monster galaxy maybe on the list, but not yet. I'm kinda iffy with it.

Overall, everyone who signed my petition I would have to thank you. Especially, the strong support for the first 100 signatures I sent off because I believe that helped a bit with extending the game longer than it did. However, I didn't not get enough support for the second round as I hoped to do another send off. At that time, it was on the too late marker. The strategy was not a failure, but it's kinda like it was a delay of the inevitable. I only told a few that when I was at the gaia panel the bad news about the future of Viximo games.

I wish you all well. I'll probably be back when a gaia event comes around. See ya later guys.

Codebreaking Explorer

I'm not angry about it. Probably because I saw it coming for a long time and probably because I didn't invest any real money into Resort World.

But even games that are available on Gaia are 'safe'. I believe that further development of zOMG is on hold because it's too expensive and there aren't enough players. I think the gaia homes have been neglected a lot. Same with the rally. And as you said: Frontier Skies.

I have to admit I am looking for something new. Adding neighbours in Monster Galaxy doesn't work/is buggy. And I don't have a lot of faith in those bugs being fixed any time soon. But I don't accompany this with any negative feelings. I just shrug it off I guess ^_^.
The Soul Crash game isn't an option for me because it's Facebook connect only.
The Heralds of Chaos game is a strategy game, really not my thing.

Thank you for everything you tried to do to save Resort World. I hope that something will draw you back to Gaia soon. If not: best wishes in real life.

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
Instant Superstition
I'm not angry about it. Probably because I saw it coming for a long time and probably because I didn't invest any real money into Resort World.

But even games that are available on Gaia are 'safe'. I believe that further development of zOMG is on hold because it's too expensive and there aren't enough players. I think the gaia homes have been neglected a lot. Same with the rally. And as you said: Frontier Skies.

I have to admit I am looking for something new. Adding neighbours in Monster Galaxy doesn't work/is buggy. And I don't have a lot of faith in those bugs being fixed any time soon. But I don't accompany this with any negative feelings. I just shrug it off I guess ^_^.
The Soul Crash game isn't an option for me because it's Facebook connect only.
The Heralds of Chaos game is a strategy game, really not my thing.

Thank you for everything you tried to do to save Resort World. I hope that something will draw you back to Gaia soon. If not: best wishes in real life.

That's understandable. Actually, I believe earlier last year even I stopped investing into it after that one big issue that took me a whole week to fix.

I don't think so.... actually. DJ helsing said they are not going to further develop that game at all. I know that as a fact. So regardless if it had more players, they will do nothing to improve it. I think they just make a whole new mmorpg game similar to zomg with their new group. Requires money, but probably better than fixing every bug in the game and hiring the old people to get the events going.

Actually, they are in development to try to merge home 1 and 2, but even that's a slow project and I have no hope in what they said about that. But I have to agree, they are being neglected.

Yeah I kinda figured after the transfer, there were gonna be some issues. Viximo games are going under, so fixings gonna go a lot slower especially with resort world gone (I think they're even cutting people with every game gone anyway). Interesting that you don't accompany much negative feelings towards this. Then again since I barely supported this game from the beginning, I kinda expected that there were problems even in the facebook era.

I don't like the sit back and let your character automatically fight feel in soul crash.
Yes, strategy is not my forte as well for harolds of chaos. Heck I barely touch the strategy games my sister owns like disgaea or ff tactics and other tactic games she owns. She's awesome at them. I suck.... XD So strategy is a negative on my end.

I'll probably hop around once and a while. I am on deviant art most of the time working on a comic project and posting photos from cons. I wish you well as well.

Raz_McVague's Significant Otter

Overcharged Smoker

Thank you for this post. And thank you for the initiative you have shown if I had known of the petition I would have signed User Image Oh too bad.

I haven't been on Gaia long enough to have enjoyed those other games. Backyard Monsters was gone by the time I joined and I thought damn I really would have liked to have played that game. I'm peeved about Resort World going but I don't hold it against Gaia since its not like they were being malicious about it or anything. They didn't give us this game they knew we'd love and then yoinked it out from under us while twiddling their fingers and feeding off our turmoil or something! lol you know? At least I really hope they didn't. User Image

Thats the risk that comes with adding a third party thats not personally involved in what you are doing. If these companies don't have a stake in the bit bigger than linking their product to this site what do they care if a few thousand ppl get (or feel like they got) screwed? Its not their site and they don't have to deal with the backlash from users. Gaia does. They made what profits they could and now they are up and out it like a traveling salesman. It is harsh buts its also just the nature of the beasts of business.

It does make me worry, however about Monster Galaxy and yes it does put me on edge about any current or future games on Gaia. I think they need to be very careful and work out very diligently how they are going to conduct business with other companies. And thats not an easy meeting to have. This whole thing is actually making me question the integrity of Viximo and how they can cop out with very little explanation or notice.

As for investing money well thats a tough one... I've in no way financially well off. What I get I usually need so anytime I have something extra I invest in what I believe is a good idea. I've only earned GC so far and spent that on powerups in zomg because they would be most useful to me because I play and planned to play zomg often. I play Heralds a lot even though I'm not much for strategy games either, mostly for the essence to gold ratio and have actually thought about donating to it to get better cards to get more gold but I'm still unsure...

Then at the same time those games need support to help them get better and if everyone adopts the two year waiting period its pretty much guaranteed those games wont make it for long.... User Image cycles....

There's a lot of cool stuff here on Gaia but a lot it appeals to certain people. Theres only so far you can go with avi customization and forums. But not all of us are artists, role-players or gabbers. Some of us flood Gaia for the games and if those games are going away or becoming less attractive for whatever reason what will happen to Gaia?

This is the last really cool dwelling on the internet for me. I left facebook because I could not stand the atmosphere or really anything about that site. I literally went on a search on the internet for cool sites, went through all the other avi sites and upon finding Gaia rejoiced at the community I had become a part of. I would really hate for this place to become boring to me. Or to get any feelings of ill toward it. I support Gaia and understand the complexity that comes with managing such a massive machine... but agh it sucks...

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
Dagera

I'm just happy to see that people cared to try to keep the game alive. Believe me, I don't deserve all the credit.

Nah! All this stuff was pretty much out of gaia company's hand to begin with since they only signed a third party contract. So, it makes sense that they have no say or power to keep outside games here for long. Even I did research that there is a version 2 of resort world called resort paradise. I was hoping that they would upgrade here to last longer, but Oh well, I enjoyed it while I can for the year.

Yeah, even though it was a good idea to begin with. I think it was a total gamble from the get go when I realized the first game was gone. Mahjongg Dimension. I think that's when few even I started realizing earlier on that these games are not lasting long regardless of how much support you put into them. So regardless, donating to a game to hope that it last long for everyone to play kinda lost it's edge from the very beginning. I don't see it being screwed. In most cases, some didn't try to screw us over. Policies change, ownership change, and games upgrade like any other company or product. So, I don't regret donating to the one game I donated which was resort world because at least everyone had a chance to play it til the very end. I know most people don't see it as donating, but I really didn't lose anything, but my fun. It was best while it lasted anyway wink . Minecraft now got my money, and time.

HAHAHA! Viximo is going down regardless. They lost so much support from not only gaia, but from other companies as well. I kinda felt that when we entered the second year of know viximo games and already the speed of help decreased, longer responses, and bugs fixes piling up high on games. At this rate, they're gonna be known as the company that once was. Heck! Even DJ helsing said that in the meeting panel at one of the cons I been to. So, I wouldn't put too much hope.

I had to say this. Do as you like with your money? However, if a game gets taken off or go down. People need to learn to not get upset. It was hard for me to begin with, but I've gotten so use to it that I can just look at a game here and say, "Nice game. If I put any money, expect it to be gone soon in the future. So whatever I don't use, Oh well!" kinda approach. Then again, I rarely hang around here, so even putting gaia cash here has stopped because I am moving to other web sites to share things like my comic ideas. If there is an art area here, I may come back. Unfortunately, I find the art area here anyway to be spotty.

As I said before, the goal is not for people to agree or disagree with my plan. I also stated that I was gonna sit back and let the other people decide. Just because one person decides to wait for 2 years, doesn't stop anyone for supporting a game. Even I already know that, the 2 year thing is just something I do and I alone do. I'm not telling anyone to do the same thing I do or agree with me. I thought I made that clear in the first statement about everything I said.

Gaia will crumble just like any other online company unless they are brought out. Actually, to tell you the truth, Gaia was gonna crumble years ago when I first got on here (I am a return and I lost my original account. I was actually on here more than what it said now). They were lucky to be brought out by another company is why we still see Gaia online today, and I had to say they were a lot better off than what Neopets is going through. OMG neopets went down hill soo badly with the dozens of ads issue. Guess if that happened to gaia. The ads are not bad here, but It would be chaotic if ads invade the site more than the content. Who knows, in the future we might see that soon anyway. Hopefully not. They probably have a plan, so even if they lost all the games, they still got the company to support them unless the company falters.

Let's just hope gaia doesn't lose more of it's creditably, pride, and charm. Because the company that brought gaia out could cancel out anytime (Knowing that not all companies last forever). At that case, gaia online could be in real trouble.

Aged Explorer

35,825 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i enjoyed rw immensely and was sorry ta see it go (especially on such short notice). i really don't hold it against gaia. i believe gaia needs ta develop their own games or get some third party contracts that will support their fellow gaians. i know that that is sometimes easier said than done. i will probably not be playing any of the other games on gaia. i do the jigsaw games and occasionally the slots and card games lol, otherwise i don't spend much time on gaia anymore. use ta spend hours on it, but sadly no more. come here ta relax and unwind.

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
hidatsaeagle
i enjoyed rw immensely and was sorry ta see it go (especially on such short notice). i really don't hold it against gaia. i believe gaia needs ta develop their own games or get some third party contracts that will support their fellow gaians. i know that that is sometimes easier said than done. i will probably not be playing any of the other games on gaia. i do the jigsaw games and occasionally the slots and card games lol, otherwise i don't spend much time on gaia anymore. use ta spend hours on it, but sadly no more. come here ta relax and unwind.

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted. I don't think anyone should go against gaia about these games being moved away. THey're only a third party. They would, but it might take them months because of the small crew. I will still play games, but going to here would be less likely. I hang around deviant art more than here. Agree

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff