Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
If you have a project you're building, you need to tell your friends what item you need for it. I'm sorry, but I'm NOT going to check your profile or journal or even MY GAIA to find out what is on the wish list of several dozen people...FORGET IT.

Instead, use the functions of the game the way they're SUPPOSED to be used and let the GAME tell us what you need. Click on your project and look at the screen that opens. On it, there's usually a long button at the bottom that allows you to set the game to tell your neighbors what you need. If it's not there, close THAT window and click on the present box. If the wrong item is shown, click on it and it will go away. Then, below that there's a bunch of pictures of various other items. Scroll sideways until you see the item you need and click on it. Then submit it to set it.

On every RW screen there's an icon of a present box, IF you've set the game to let people know the precise item you want. If you don't set the game up correctly and your box isn't showing (use a mule account to check) then nobody can tell what you're needing
And there's a set up for your collectibles building projects, too, that's the little butterfly icon. Explore the tabs in that and it should be fairly obvious what to do.

Oh, and when people are asking for something in their present box, IT SHOWS right under their avatar, same for the butterfly. If I don't see the icons, I'm going to assume you aren't working on something and therefore don't NEED something...and I'll collect my chest and move on to the next player.

My box and my butterfly are present under my avatar on the RW screen. Click on them to see what I need...and DO NOT SEND ME SOMETHING AT RANDOM. I have the option to remove junk and I do.

Set your icons correctly, don't send other people the wrong things and check your entire playing friends list's icons when you collect your treasure chests. It's easy to do it then since if you have a brain you're looking for chores right then anyway.

The OTHER thing I can't seem to figure out is why the admins think that a game that has this many glitches in it, is supposed to make me more, rather than less, apt to spend real cash on it. Sorry, that's not the case most months. Once or twice a year, max, I may waste money on RW or BM. I tend to not to reward ********.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
I've got one dork on my friend's list and he A. does NOT have his icons set up and B. has NEVER sent the item I've asked for...I use the 'remove item' option and don't accept the trash he sends me. I have a lot of people who don't have their icons set...but they at least LOOK to see what I want before they send something.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
probably better just to tell your friends that instead of here XD

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
If you think I'm going to message that many people just to say the same thing over and over and over, you're out of your tiny little alleged mind.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
lol, the only problem with that, is that I find my request disappears after only 1 person has sent the gift. I've checked that with my alt too btw. So apparently the gifting function is rather glitchy sad Thus why if you read my status, it's asking my friends to msg me to let me know what they need, if I can't easily tell from 1. The game itself, 2. The "My Friends" area on the My Gaia page, 3. Your status, or 4. From a msg sent... I'm not sending it >< But so far, I haven't had much of a problem figuring out what YOU need xD

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
xXx LoLLiiPoP xXx
lol, the only problem with that, is that I find my request disappears after only 1 person has sent the gift. I've checked that with my alt too btw. So apparently the gifting function is rather glitchy sad Thus why if you read my status, it's asking my friends to msg me to let me know what they need, if I can't easily tell from 1. The game itself, 2. The "My Friends" area on the My Gaia page, 3. Your status, or 4. From a msg sent... I'm not sending it >< But so far, I haven't had much of a problem figuring out what YOU need xD
I get better results when I explain things to people instead of sitting at my computer, wringing my hands and trying to understand why people can't put it out of thin air and just GUESS...which is what an amazing lot of people seem to be doing. I check people's icons when I go through picking up chests. At least once a day I look at everone on my friendslist...but I'm not going to go hunt them down and ask if they haven't got the game set up.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
And that is the problem right there. We have to CONSTANTLY set that stupid thing!
(I just sent something... choc egg, right? )
I rarely ever see that box up and I know a whole bunch of people I know are active, need things. I write down a list.

Right now I dont need anything, but I have also run into the situation of people sending me the wrong item because they forget what to send to whom because it is also a pitb to go back and forth and check even WITH the features functioning.

So yeah. If you want people to know what you need, they either have to shove the page around (a problem for people suffering lag), or see some other way. Because THE BOX DOES NOT WORK!
I was just there on your resort and it wasn't there.

And I do understand your frustration as I encounter it all the time. I write things down on a list

(wait, I think I said all of this before)

Anyway, I really wish they would fix it so we dont have struggle with it all the time.

Beloved Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
I just had to deal with another issue with the game. Not sure what it was but it went from game to white, blank page so I logged in over here for a while.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Mia BlackRaven
I just had to deal with another issue with the game. Not sure what it was but it went from game to white, blank page so I logged in over here for a while.

Does that from time to time. Not sure if there was something going on on their end, or if it the internet. Sometimes signals dont get through. Or it lags a bit on the white page. For some people - especially on dial-up, it could lag quite awhile.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Okay, I registered in the system on my mule for a few minutes so I'll see...but if the game does that again I'll wait an log in again tomorrow.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Myst of the Dawn

explaining is always good, I'm still fairly new to RW, so I don't mind explanations here and there smile

I always look for the icons whenever I'm on someones island. But most of the time they're not there, If I do however happen to see a project in the works, and actually know what material is needed to make it, then I'll send that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff