Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Streaker

and Bush didn't get a second term....I wonder how things would have turned out.

Shirtless Reveler

2,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Man I wasn't even there. gonk

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Unemployeement and Homelessness might be higher.

During Bush jr's second term they changed how Homelessness and Unemployeement are counted.

Some things estimate our Unemployeement might actually be 13% right now based on how things were calculated before.

Unemployeement is currently a snapshot of who has been Unemployeed for about 2-3 years. Noone else counts. If you are looking for a job you do not count as unemployeed. If you answer a question along the lines of " Do you wish you had a job?" with the answer 'Yes" then you do not count.

Homelessness was adjusted similarly. If you are in a Homeless Shelter or crashing at a friends, you do not count. If you have been Homeless beyond a certain time frame you do not count.

Because of how they were set up and timers, it made things impressively imrpove suddenly during Bush Jr's time then start looking bad during the following President's ( Obama is the President, but it doesn't matter who would be the President now, it would have looked bad) time.

Tipsy Streaker

Thrashed Up Kicks
You were in elementary school?...I was in JHS

Shirtless Reveler

2,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

Yeah. I wasn't even big on Obama vs. Mcain? Politics. I think it was mcain, along with Hilary. Or was Mcain the running vp for someone else?

Tipsy Streaker

Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

Yeah. I wasn't even big on Obama vs. Mcain? Politics. I think it was mcain, along with Hilary. Or was Mcain the running vp for someone else?
Omg lol
McCain ran for pres in '08 with sarah palin as his vp pick.
Hilary ran, but Obama was the Democratic nominee

Distinct Informer

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Unemployeement is currently a snapshot of who has been Unemployeed for about 2-3 years. Noone else counts. If you are looking for a job you do not count as unemployeed. If you answer a question along the lines of " Do you wish you had a job?" with the answer 'Yes" then you do not count..

Bureau of Labor Statistics

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:

Contacting:
An employer directly or having a job interview
A public or private employment agency
Friends or relatives
A school or university employment center
Sending out resumes or filling out applications
Placing or answering advertisements
Checking union or professional registers
Some other means of active job search
Passive methods of job search do not have the potential to result in a job offer and therefore do not qualify as active job search methods. Examples of passive methods include attending a job training program or course, or merely reading about job openings that are posted in newspapers or on the Internet.

Workers expecting to be recalled from temporary layoff are counted as unemployed, whether or not they have engaged in a specific jobseeking activity. In all other cases, the individual must have been engaged in at least one active job search activity in the 4 weeks preceding the interview and be available for work (except for temporary illness).

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

I wished we could have had McCain and Hilliary. They are different parties though.

I was going to vote McCain depending on who he picked as his Vice President.

McCain got Sarah Palin. Every time se talked,.. omg... every time... Ignorance, Stupid, and Hipocracy. She's a wreck.

Shirtless Reveler

2,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

Omg lol

Yeah what a liter ey? lol
"Oh a black man's running? Then I should make this year interesting and run myself." - Hilary. rofl I mean, a woman for president is cool but it's so out of the blue no one would know what to think. A big change for the presidency and all. Nothing against it though.

Shirtless Reveler

2,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

I wished we could have had McCain and Hilliary. They are different parties though.

I was going to vote McCain depending on who he picked as his Vice President.

McCain got Sarah Palin. Every time se talked,.. omg... every time... Ignorance, Stupid, and Hipocracy. She's a wreck.

Yeah I didn't really watch a lot of it. lol

Tipsy Streaker

Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

Omg lol

Yeah what a liter ey? lol
"Oh a black man's running? Then I should make this year interesting and run myself." - Hilary. rofl I mean, a woman for president is cool but it's so out of the blue no one would know what to think. A big change for the presidency and all. Nothing against it though.
Erm...I don't believe she is the first woman to run, I think she got the closest, but wasn't nominated.
If she runs in 2016 she would have a winning chance.
And Obama isn't the first black man to run for President either, he made it the furthest and got the nominee and was ultimately elected.

Distinct Informer

Smaul Tits
Erm...I don't believe she is the first woman to run, I think she got the closest, but wasn't nominated.
And Obama isn't the first black man to run for President either, he made it the furthest and got the nominee and was ultimately elected.

Victoria Woodhull in 1872 first woman to run for president.
Shirley Chisholm in 1972 first black to run for president. As a side note the first black to run for president was a female.

Tipsy Streaker

Pwn3r_F0x
Smaul Tits

Shirley Chisholm in 1972 first black to run for president. As a side note the first black to run for president was a female.
Don't quote me that info, quote thrashed up kids gonk
Pwn3r_F0x
Smaul Tits

I would have puked!!!

Distinct Informer

Smaul Tits
Pwn3r_F0x
Smaul Tits

Don't quote me that info, quote thrashed up kids gonk

I was quoting you the further expand on what you said. Basically I was proving your claim. Trust me it is a compliment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff