Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Okay! Greetings from your northern neighbors. To be honest, we up here were all collectively holding our breaths and silently praying that the turn out be good. Fingers crossed and luck be on our side. Now I know you all tend to like to argue amongst yourselves a lot when it comes to politics- So I'm not going to ask your opinion about what the PEOPLE said they would do.

But what has been done and what you think might be done. Pretty sure Obama won again, so at least all us Canadians up here released our breaths and gave out a hopeful sigh of relief. Not that we hated Romney, you all just must simply understand Canada's widely open views on Gay Rights, women's Rights, the Military, and non discriminatory values. So to be honest, most of what Romney said was terrifying for us.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure the man could have run the country just like any other man running the country. Its just your belief systems are sometimes so far fetched from our own that the shock is nearly unthinkable. Strange, huh? That though we're so close we're so technically apart. Though you have to understand my interest in the matter- if you guys end up going down, you end up taking us with you. So its important for us to know who's running the shots.

Anywho. What do you think will happen? The Good, bad, Ugly, Wonderful and fantastic? Why did you vote for who you voted for, if anyone at all? And how do you think the outcome might effect the rest of the world and even the people around you? I love hearing opinions, and that's what I would like to do. Now, For all the people who will say 'Obama has done nothing to fix our country- '

I'd like to throw a point out here for those who would just state that and have nothing legitimate enough to back it up.

Did you know that the only man to completely turn around an entire countries Economy was Communist?

A Russian Dictator, no less? So how can you possibly expect someone to turn something as HUGE as America around within four years? I think Obama was trying to pave a way for the future, fully well knowing that no one man in democracy/ capitalism has ever transformed an entire country overnight. And after what Bush did, well, I don't see any of you out there picking up Bush's scraps and trying to put it back together. Now, that's just my personal opinion, and I'd rather not fight over it. I'm not saying Obama is the one true president guy for America, I'm just saying, cut the man some slack dood.

BUSH.

'Nuff said. Seriously though, he's trying just as hard as any other man would. ANY other man. I'd like to also point out that as a Canadian, I don't pick sides for presidents, I just cross my fingers and hope it turns out the best for everyone. So I'm not saying Romney was a bad person or made bad choices, because I've never been to America so I don't really know how you guy's culture works on a daily basis. As par to what he said, however, I can say that it shook us up here. Not in a bad way though- some of the things he said just made us cringe. Doesn't mean we hate him, just means our cultures truly ARE diverse.

RAMBLING DONE.

DISCUSS.

Enigmatic Menace

Same president, same state governments. Not much has changed unless ALL work together, not just Republican and Democrat parties. By all, I mean also the state governments.

We really are divided.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Kronoton
Same president, same state governments. Not much has changed unless ALL work together, not just Republican and Democrat parties. By all, I mean also the state governments.

We really are divided.

Main reason why this country will continue to fall apart.
Teeyanuh
Kronoton

We really are divided.

I don't know honestly I think the house republicans will come to the table this time. And Obama's doesn't have to get elected anymore, he can be much more aggressive about pursuing legislation.

Bashful Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Teeyanuh

Main reason why any other superpower fell apart. When things get too big they just collapse on themselves- everyone's seen it coming, we're just all collectively hoping that someone might try to step up to the plate and stop it before it happens.

But that would require research into historical collapses and WHY these collapses happen.

Sadly, not a lot of people in politics care to research WHY these things fell in order to try and fix it.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

S.Lyger
Teeyanuh
Kronoton

We really are divided.

I don't know honestly I think the house republicans will come to the table this time. And Obama's doesn't have to get elected anymore, he can be much more aggressive about pursuing legislation.

I really really really hope this happens. He was doing quite well in his first 4. Things here and there got improved, but we need to see more this term. Obama has to really step his game up this term.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Ivanya Braginski
Teeyanuh

Main reason why any other superpower fell apart. When things get too big they just collapse on themselves- everyone's seen it coming, we're just all collectively hoping that someone might try to step up to the plate and stop it before it happens.

But that would require research into historical collapses and WHY these collapses happen.

Sadly, not a lot of people in politics care to research WHY these things fell in order to try and fix it.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
S.Lyger
Teeyanuh
Kronoton

We really are divided.

And they have no excuse to deny him because he's not eligible for a third term.
The game has changed, and I hope it's for the better. But we shall see.

Enigmatic Menace

S.Lyger
Teeyanuh
Kronoton

We really are divided.

Indeed, but the state governments continue to do their same song and dance. Take and spend. Now that the election's over... let's take our eyes on our own screwed up state governments, shall we? Feds have new problems, and so do we as citizens.

Bashful Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Kronoton

This is EXTREMELY true. Up here we each have our own Provincial Government, but they don't argue amongst themselves or make laws differentiate from the other. They don't think each other is better and they don't fight over much, cept oil. Lots n lots of oil. And environmental issues.

So From the outside looking in, it almost looks like you should take the 'United' out from in front of the word 'States'.

Because at this point, the term 'States of America' is more accurate.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

S.Lyger
Teeyanuh
Kronoton

We really are divided.

I think you are very wrong about the Republican part.
Call Me Apple
S.Lyger
Teeyanuh
Kronoton

We really are divided.

I think you are very wrong about the Republican part.
lol they're going to have to. They lost a bunch of senate seats and a number of house seats. It'll take much longer than the senate but if they keep bullshitting around in the house they'll lose that majority over time too. I think once the dust settles in the party, the few remaining intellectuals will shut out the radicals

Bashful Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Teeyanuh

Oh good. ;; ~;;!!!

At least someone does. Its hard to find people with this view these days. Mind you, Personally I just about did a jump for joy when I heard Obama had won. While what he's doing may seem strange to some Americans, but to us Canadians, we have been there and done that. We've had economic crashes too, and some of the things Obama is doing right now are the things that we also did in the past, and here we are.

While we are getting pulled down with you guys, like the rest of the world is, we're still holding our ground. I just Hope Obama can take America back up by YOUR cultural values. I don't care how you guys get there, we're not imposing anything on you, but I would really like to see your country pull up within its own cultural beliefs and still be able to function properly at the same time.

But then again, maybe I'm being a little too hopeful.

Sometimes hope is the only thing that can keep something or someone going. Maybe its time for Americans to stop looking at everything like its bad, and start having a little bit more hope that things just might turn out. Maybe then they'd stop arguing with each other all the time, yeah?

Bashful Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Call Me Apple

Why's that, dearie~?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Ivanya Braginski
Call Me Apple

Why's that, dearie~?

Because making a Republican agree with a Democrat is like pushing a cow to walk downstairs. Its not happening.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff