Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Capitalist

Y'all niggas need to get in to Apathyology.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

YES, I do dislike people personally once I find out who they vote for. Because who they vote for shows their values.

I dont agree with their values, therefore, I dont like them.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Prince Ikari
Menstrual Cramps
Prince Ikari
Oh trust me for me, politics is the VERY reason I am most likely going to hate or dislike someone both online up here and in real life. If I run across someone espousing liberal beliefs up here (and usually pretty heavy ones) I make sure I block them or take their name down so I never associate with them. I have liberal friends but only one of them has been REALLY pissing me off lately posting s**t hating on Romney and such. But to EVER be in my inner circle to where you earn my full and complete trust, you HAVE to be conservative-minded or share similar beliefs to my own. Politics says a lot about someones personality and to me liberals are the very example of arrogance, condescension, laziness, SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS, and destructive behaviors such as drug use. And I REFUSE to associate with individuals like that. But for many of us like myself we have a vested interest in this election so someone voting for the other guy directly effects us. Voting Obama means I may not have a job when I finish college, or that my health insurer which I am dependent on as someone with Crohn's Disease may drop my coverage. Not too mention a vote for Obama to me is voting for reckless out-of-control spending that is going to bankrupt our country like Greece. So yeah I get pissed when people I know want to vote for him, though only two I know of are voting for him, and many more I know for Romney. I try to inform those I can but in the end it is their decision. I may not hate my friends per say for how they vote but I WILL hate on random people here who do, because I have no attachment to them and could care less if they disappear from my sight forever. End of story.

Well aren't you a pocket full of sunshine. FYI, my mother is voting for Obama and she has both Celiacs and Crohns. Thanks to "Obamacare" she's not able to get disqualified with a per-exsiting. lol

Not to most people. And Romney and the Republicans already plan to make sure people are not disqualified for pre-existing conditions anyways with any health plan they come up with. However, the law does nothing to lower my costs. I have medical bills pilled up from at least way back last year I have not even paid. And because of Obama I am stuck paying even more now for my freaking healthcare and medications! The law was too focused on throwing people into the system as opposed to helping the vast majority of us who do have health insurance already. My vote for Romney is in hopes he will get rid of the healthcare law and start over with a plan that does not discriminate against people like me who have preexisting conditions and focus on a plan that lowers my costs so that I can finally start to pay my medical bills off and not have my medical expenses going up constantly.

So you think the vast majority of Americans have health insurance...?
Interesting.
Anyway, Obama's plan did not help me at all. I still am uninsured and it seems rates have not gone down as I had hoped. Medical coverage for me + my husband is still 3/4ths of my monthly income.

Feral Warrior

So true.
A family friend of mine has strong conservative opinions and is a romney supporter, but i still see him as a friend and don't judge him. surprised

Conservative Victory

Spencer Veritas
Menstrual Cramps
Prince Ikari
Oh trust me for me, politics is the VERY reason I am most likely going to hate or dislike someone both online up here and in real life. If I run across someone espousing liberal beliefs up here (and usually pretty heavy ones) I make sure I block them or take their name down so I never associate with them. I have liberal friends but only one of them has been REALLY pissing me off lately posting s**t hating on Romney and such. But to EVER be in my inner circle to where you earn my full and complete trust, you HAVE to be conservative-minded or share similar beliefs to my own. Politics says a lot about someones personality and to me liberals are the very example of arrogance, condescension, laziness, SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS, and destructive behaviors such as drug use. And I REFUSE to associate with individuals like that. But for many of us like myself we have a vested interest in this election so someone voting for the other guy directly effects us. Voting Obama means I may not have a job when I finish college, or that my health insurer which I am dependent on as someone with Crohn's Disease may drop my coverage. Not too mention a vote for Obama to me is voting for reckless out-of-control spending that is going to bankrupt our country like Greece. So yeah I get pissed when people I know want to vote for him, though only two I know of are voting for him, and many more I know for Romney. I try to inform those I can but in the end it is their decision. I may not hate my friends per say for how they vote but I WILL hate on random people here who do, because I have no attachment to them and could care less if they disappear from my sight forever. End of story.

Well aren't you a pocket full of sunshine. FYI, my mother is voting for Obama and she has both Celiacs and Crohns. Thanks to "Obamacare" she's not able to get disqualified with a per-exsiting. lol
Or if we just got the government out of the way of the health insurance industry by dropping regulations (namely allowing insurers to sell across state lines), there'd suddenly be HUNDREDS of choices for her to go to rather than the government-sanctioned state oligoloplies we have today. This would promote competition, and I'm sure at least one of those companies would be open to insuring those with pre-existing conditions. If they were, and it worked, others would emulate it. Those who did not offer that coverage would lose customers.

It'd be sorted out much quicker and more efficiently than via mandate from Washington.

I cannot believe I did not see your post earlier. You basically said what I would have. I believe the solution to the healthcare problem is to eliminate barriers, particularly allowing insurers to sell across state lines. The way the system is set up now, two or three insurance companies hold monopolies in each state. We have so few options and have to go what will take us. But if you increased competition I bet you I could find a cheaper policy with the same benefits I have now in another state. Look at the auto manufactures? They strive to create the safest cars with the best fuel economy and the latest technologies for the most affordable price. They have a reason to strive for better quality and lower prices in order to attract buyers. If insurance companies could sell to us anywhere and had to compete with all health insurers nationally then they would try and offer us the best package for the most affordable price, or else not many people would sign on with them. Going the government route, expanding Medicaid and eventually moving to single-payer only decreases the incentive for better quality because there's no reason to improve the product since one entity controls it and sets the prices. My guess is all insurance companies would include those with preexisting conditions to attract customers.

Call Me Apple

Yes I do. According to Gallup only 25.5% lack health insurance this year. That means that 75.5% of us have it, and that percentage is well enough to consider the vast majority. The 25.5% who lack it are mostly poor minorities in states with high percentages of Blacks and Hispanics.
If anything the rates are going to go up to cover the added and staggering costs the insurance companies are now going to have to pick up. I've already seen mine go up and got the letter explaining that this law is the reason why if I'm not mistaken. Back last year that is. You cannot throw everyone into the system without adding cost measures first. I say as I was responding to the person above, increase competition in the health insurance market and as those entities have to compete with one another and no longer have monopolies, the prices will go down, the product will improve in quality, and slowly more people will start entering the market able to finally afford decent coverage. And it is the same for me. Half of my mom's paycheck goes to health insurance. Both my sister and I are on her work plan as well. We're both adults and I had a individual plan but it would cover virtually nothing and my medical expenses are way up in the thousands. The co-pay alone on that plan was $50, and now I pay $35 on my mom's family one. I use to pay $25 before the law passed.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
It's sad how many of you base your beliefs on a person's political stance. My aunt is republican, my mother is a democrat, my grandmother/grandpa are hardcore conservative and I'm a democrat.

I love all of them for having their own opinion. Hell, I have tons of friends that are completely differing than me.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

17,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Menstrual Cramps
It's sad how many of you base your beliefs on a person's political stance. My aunt is republican, my mother is a democrat, my grandmother/grandpa are hardcore conservative and I'm a democrat.

I love all of them for having their own opinion. Hell, I have tons of friends that are completely differing than me.

That's fine for you, and really good to hear. But are any of them attempting to tell you you can't get married to the person you love? Did you just find out you're pregnant and not fiscally able to care for the child- but they are insisting that you keep it against your will? Do they feel like you haven't earned your job because of the unfair advantage your ethnicity gives you.

I don't think you can fault people for disliking someone who they feel is removing their free will or treating them as less than human. For many people, being treated like a person is pretty important... Just saying.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Bambi_Panda
Menstrual Cramps

That's fine for you, and really good to hear. But are any of them attempting to tell you you can't get married to the person you love? Did you just find out you're pregnant and not fiscally able to care for the child- but they are insisting that you keep it against your will? Do they feel like you haven't earned your job because of the unfair advantage your ethnicity gives you.

I don't think you can fault people for disliking someone who they feel is removing their free will or treating them as less than human. For many people, being treated like a person is pretty important... Just saying.

Oh I'm talking about people that aren't being oppressive. I still think some people in this world require a little more EGR (extra grace required) and that's how it is. If someone felt the need to press their views in to my life, I would remind them that I am adult and I can make my own decisions for my future. I wouldn't stop and bicker and argue. I don't live with my parents and I haven't for years, but that was my own adult decision.

Hate is such a strong word, and I don't believe it should really ever be used.

It's just annoying when I see people say "don't quote me because I don't care what you say."
Kind of a**-backwards for a debate forum, isn't it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff