Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Star

thats very simple like everything in this world ask every citizen of the USA to pay one dollar and +pufff+ there is no debt XD. if only this were true...... xp

8,350 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
Unfortunately we only have ~400 million people....not even close enough, but hey, 400 million off the debt would be nice x]

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Solessia
Unfortunately we only have ~400 million people....not even close enough, but hey, 400 million off the debt would be nice x]

It would be nice. Too bad about 2 million of those people won't comply and "donate" a dollar.

8,350 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
Raye Delvego
Solessia

It would be nice. Too bad about 2 million of those people won't comply and "donate" a dollar.

What I always wonder is how the State's run lotteries. Whenever I see that there's like 23 million in the lottery I think to myself "All this money...yet they're giving it away instead of putting it to what really matters..."

.____.

I honestly think that if unless we have a Surplus instead of a debt, these lotteries should be giving that money to reduce the debt, then play Who wants to be a millionaire.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Solessia
Raye Delvego
Solessia

What I always wonder is how the State's run lotteries. Whenever I see that there's like 23 million in the lottery I think to myself "All this money...yet they're giving it away instead of putting it to what really matters..."

.____.

I honestly think that if unless we have a Surplus instead of a debt, these lotteries should be giving that money to reduce the debt, then play Who wants to be a millionaire.

Well if it helps, if you win any money in a contest that consists of over $3000 half of it goes to taxes to pay for the debt. But you're right, unless we have a surplus, all the money should be going to it. Although, it would be nice to win the lottery.

8,350 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
Raye Delvego
Solessia
Raye Delvego
Solessia

.____.

Well if it helps, if you win any money in a contest that consists of over $3000 half of it goes to taxes to pay for the debt. But you're right, unless we have a surplus, all the money should be going to it. Although, it would be nice to win the lottery.

Yeah I know, when my mom won $10,000 of one of those scratch-off lottery tickets, we only got like $7,000 of it in actual time lol.

But honestly, most people have more chance of getting hit by lightning while on your way to buy a ticket than actually winning it....I mean if we give that money to the debt, it's helpful to ALL americans, rather than like only 50 out of 400 million people. :l

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Solessia
Raye Delvego
Solessia
Raye Delvego
Solessia

.____.

Yeah I know, when my mom won $10,000 of one of those scratch-off lottery tickets, we only got like $7,000 of it in actual time lol.

But honestly, most people have more chance of getting hit by lightning while on your way to buy a ticket than actually winning it....I mean if we give that money to the debt, it's helpful to ALL americans, rather than like only 50 out of 400 million people. :l

The most I won off of a scratch game was $5 I was happy, then I had to spend it on cat food >.<.
We should give it to the debt, because that person who won it will probably become like all those othe million and billionaires "a dollar? why do you need a dollar? it's so expensive, I don't think I can spare that much."
Solessia
Raye Delvego
Solessia

.____.

A little issue with the lottery thing though. The money from it (being from buying a ticket or wining the thing) wouldn't come anywhere close to denting the debt OR deficit.

Remember it late winter/early spring where one lottery had a $670 million dollar payout? A substantial amount of money, yes. But that wouldn't even come close to denting the nations debt. In fact, you would have to win that amount somewhere in the realm of 23,000 times(yes, that's THREE zeroes) to equal our debt.

Chatty Gawker

I get that you're joking, but be careful; there's idiots out there who think this is true. There was a youtube video floating around that said if everyone in Wisconsin paid $14, the state deficit would be fixed. Unfortunately, the reason debt occurs is because money is getting spent faster than it's made. Until you fix this problem, debt will always be an issue.

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Mizuki hikari
thats very simple like everything in this world ask every citizen of the USA to pay one dollar and +pufff+ there is no debt XD. if only this were true...... xp

take over china?
Mizuki hikari
hmmm millions of people vs trillions of dollars of debt ....

Manly Lunatic

Shroom_Masta2006
Mizuki hikari
hmmm millions of people vs trillions of dollars of debt ....

Just do it once a month... XD

Tipsy Cat

35,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
It would never work even if it were enough because the national debt is decreasing several thousand dollars per second.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff