Total Votes:[ 160 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 ... 111 112 113 > »|

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
User ImageUser Image

Kale. The boy's name was Kale. Suzy made sure of herself to remember that for the next time they met again. It shouldn't be too hard to remember, seeing how it's only one syllable and four letters long. And isn't Kale also the name of that one vegetable that her parents used to force her and her siblngs to eat when they were younger? "Well, it's nice to meet you, Kale! I'm new around here, so I don't really know everyone yet. But I vow to know everyone and their names by the end of this school year, or so help me!" Closing her right hand into a fist, she held it up to chest level as she gave a determined nod of her head. Then with a laugh, she asked the red-haired senior, "You seem to like cotton candy a lot."

As the three of them headed towards the carnival, Akane asked them where they were all from. "I'm from Canada," Suzy replied after Kale had given his input. "Particularly in the British Columbia province. You guys are familiar with the city Vancouver, right? The 2010 Winter Olympics were held there! But yeah, it's in the same province where I live. My home city isn't Vancouver, though, but Victoria, which isn't too far away from Vancouver, I don't think. Last time my family and I went to Vancouver, it took only 4 hours by ferry boat. But anyhow, I'm not sure if I have an accent or speak in the dialect since I never really paid attention to my speech patterns, even though I like to talk a lot, haha. Where's Osaka? Is that far or near from Tokyo?" She didn't need to ask about where Michigan was, however; she was already familiar with U.S. geography! Michigan is right near Oklahoma, right?! Wrong. Pay more attention in your classes, goddammit.

Upon arriving at the carnival Suzy, like the other two beside her, was floored by the sights before her. Everywhere she looked, there were carnival booths and rides all around. Compared to the carnival that came to her home place, this was definitely bigger. Hearing shrieking from nearby, she looked around to see where it originated from, then directed her view upward as her gaze landed on a roller coaster speed by on the tracks above them before ascending a track that looped around. Next, she gazed over at the surrounding booths. For a moment there, she was so distracted by the sights and sounds around her that she almost forgot she was there with Akane and Kale until she heard Akane's voice.

"Oh, um..." She really wanted to go on the rides, but since Akane wanted to eat first, and Kale agreed on it, then food it is. "Food it is, then! Is there any particular type of food you guys want, or should we split up to get whatever we want and then meet up together at a table?" She didn't know about Akane or Kale, but she was sort of craving poutine.

xxxxxxUser Image CarnivalxxxUser Image Kale, AkanexxxUser Image Outfit

User Image

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• "Hm, is it?" Jun inquired with piqued curiosity. "I'm familiar with how carnivals are run in the States and South Korea, but not Germany. What are they like there?" When asked if he was going to try the games out, he nodded. "Yeah, of course I am. These games may be rigged, but once you learn the tricks of the game, they're pretty easy to conquer." It was from his stepdad that he learned this, along with how to win at carnival games. Since then, he kept the tips and advice in his head for whenever he went to a carnival again and wanted to try out their games.

Approaching the game booth, he put down five anima on the table. Upon being given three rings, he was asked to stand behind a certain line. As he stood behind the line, he calculated the distance between him and the bottles to make sure that he didn't throw too far or too near. Then with a snap of his wrist to give the ring a good spin, he tossed the ring forward. It landed nicely around the bottle. With a triumphant smile, Jun proceeded to do the same for the other two rings. Unfortunately on the third ring, he nearly failed to get it around the bottle and watched as it clinked against the edge before falling onto the grass.

"Aww, you were so close!" cried the game booth owner. Unfortunately, because Jun failed to get all three of the rings around the bottle, he was unable to give Jun one of the stuffed animals hanging across the booth. He was, however, able to give him a complimentary prize. But Jun, feeling a little competitive as well as not being satisfied with losing after he had such a nice streak the first two tosses, was not having any of it. Slapping down another five anima, he aimed for another go. With a grin, the ring toss booth owner handed him another three rings. "I like your spirit!" he exclaimed.

Taking the three rings, Jun tried again. This time, he was able to toss all three of the rings around the bottle and win one of the stuffed animals. Although he wasn't really into stuffed animals (and just wanted to play to win), he chose to go with a brown monkey. Turning to Teagan afterward, he grinned. "I had a little iffiness on the first play, but the trick is to snap your wrist as you toss the rings to give them more spin. Also it helps to know the distance between you and the bottles so that you're not throwing too far or too little. So anyway, did you come here with anyone in particular?"

User Image
          User Image
          caffye west]
            ▉▉ * carnivalcaf▉▉ * triumphantcaf▉▉ * Teagan

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
User Image

"Ooh yeah, takoyaki sounds good, too. Don't know why I didn't think of that," Taiyou said thoughtfully as he walked towards the food concession booths with Miss Koinichi. He had never heard of a funnel cake before, though (he did, on the other hand, know of cotton candy since he's eaten them once as a kid), so when Miss Koinichi brought that particular food item up, he pinched his eyebrows lightly together as he glanced in her direction both confusedly and curiously. "Funnel cake? What's that? I mean, I know it's cake, but what kind of cake is it? Is it good?"

Approaching the food booth selling his desired fish on a stick, they lined up behind a couple of other customers. "I don't know, but maybe," answered Taiyou with a shrug. Seeing the line move an inch forward, he took the opportunity to move forward as well. "I'll have to say, though, the carnival here sure is different from the one I experienced back home in Okinawa." As they drew nearer to the front, smoke fumes coming from the grill behind the booth began to engulf him. Waving his hand, he swished the smoke away.

Upon being asked to help with the goldfish game if there happened to be one, he thought about it for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, I don't have any other plans, so I can help. Actually, I'm not too good at goldfish games myself. I can never scoop the poi up quickly enough to put the fish in the bowl before it starts tearing. A friend of mine back home could do it--I'm awed every time I watch him." He smiled momentarily at the memories of going to the summer festivals and carnivals with his old high school friends. There was never a summer festival or carnival where they didn't try out the goldfish scooping game at least once. Some of the fish in his tank back home even came from the game.

"Oh no, you don't have to pay for me," he said with a wave of his hands. "Really, thank you, but you don't have to go through the trouble for me. I brought my own money so I can pay for them myself." Turning his head towards the vendor, he ordered, "I'll have five mackerels on a stick, please." Then taking out ten anima, he handed it over to the vendor, who took it and dispensed it inside the register. Not too long after they put in his order, the vendor gave him and Miss Koinichi their ordered food. Nodding at Miss Koinichi's suggestion, he replied, "Yeah, that sounds good. And maybe we'll see if there's anyone familiar around while we're at it."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                          ━& location
                          food concession booths━& company kimiko━& wearing x
                          ooc: a poi is what they call the paper scooper to scoop up fish

Sparkly Hunter

User ImageUser Image

ℓσ¢αтισи :::: Carnival ωιтн :::: Bambi ∂σιиg :::: Consoling

"Oh thank goodness you're here," Mercy's eyes fell to her hand as it was grabbed like a lifeline. If she was that scared, why get on the ride to being with? It was okay though, Mercy could understand. "These things scare me, but-- I hope you don't mind, by the way. Sorry if it's intrusive... I've never done this kind of thing alone. I've always had my sister with me and she kept me from freaking out." Mercy nodded, kind of jealous she had the fortune of having a sibling to care for her.

"Oh, that's ok. I don't mind." The bar came down as the conductor walked by and Mercy grinned, it was time for the fun to begin! It was short, but also long, as all roller coasters were. You screamed, your stomach felt like it was going to dance into your chest, and the view! Mercy enjoyed every minute of it, except the part where Bambi would squeeze her hand. She said nothing though, she liked being leaned on for moral support.

As they ride ended, the other girl exclaimed, "I did it, oh my gosh." Mercy just smiled as they got out of the car, and rubbed her hand a bit, trying to get some feeling back into it. "

"Your hand's okay? I'm sorry if I overstepped any boundaries." Mercy smiled and shook her head back and forth, "Nope. I'm fine. It's nothing really!"

She told the girl she was welcome when she thanked her for being there for her. When she said she didn't want to ride again Mercy told her that was fine. "Maybe we can take a break fro the rides? Did you want to try the games and maybe catch something to eat?" Mercy personally liked carnival games. It was a chance to outsmart the carnies that liked to rig them on occasion. As they made their way out onto the thoroughfare, Mercy hoped she'd want to do one or the other. Games were always fun, and food, well...that was always good too. Carnival fair was loaded with calories though, but with her metabolism, she didn't see much of an issue.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
        User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMAY IT BE THE SHADOWS CALL
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMAY IT BE THE SHADOWS CALLxx)
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMay it be the shadows call will fly awayxxxxMay it be your journey on to light the day
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhen the night is overcomexxxxxxxxyou may rise to find the sun.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWILL FLY AWAY

As Oriana walked along the carnival streets, she took in the sights and sounds around her. By now, she was already familiar with these funfairs since she had gone to a few of them during her time in the Spirit World, but they were still rather intriguing to her since she never got to experience them in her time period. Then again, in her time period, they didn't have carnivals like this. They had fairs where people would gather to display or trade produce/goods, but not carnivals. It would be a lie, however, if she said she wasn't bothered by the constantly loud sounds around her. Although she would rather stay home or go somewhere else that's more quiet, a part of her wanted to check out what the carnival this year was like.

Watching the rides made her feel apprehensive, so she decided to avoid going on them altogether. I wonder what kinds of food they serve at these carnivals nowadays, she wondered as she wandered towards the food concession stands. Upon seeing some of the food being sold, her facial muscles crinkled in disgust. Now she wasn't anti-unhealthy food like a certain junior, but how anyone could find overly-greasy, deep-fried, or junk food good was beyond her. Passing through the path of food booths, she searched for one that didn't serve any of the above foods.

Eventually, she found herself lining up for grilled corn. After getting her grilled corn (and keeping them enclosed in the bag to eat later), she continued to walk around some more. At one point, a piercing shriek coming from the Drop Tower ride caught her attention and caused her to briefly lose focus of where she was going, thus making her walk into a blonde-haired lady ahead of her by accident. "I am so sorry," the librarian apologized as she took a step back. "I got distracted for a moment. Are you alright?"

═════ ❝xxxMAY IT BE YOUR JOURNEY ON
to light the dayxxxxxxxxxxxx

carnival lanyue

Sparkly Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image

ɪ x ᴡɪʟʟ x ɴᴏᴛ x ʙᴏᴡ x&x&x ɪ x ᴡɪʟʟ x ɴᴏᴛ x ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
I WILL SHUT THE WORLD AWAY

• There were all sorts of things that Akane loved about Charon, but one of the best things was how everybody came from all over there world, and from all sorts of different time periods, too! Even so, the city could still function as one. People got along and there was no extreme discrimination or hate from what she could tell, and that included Residere. Sure, there were people that were less kind than others, but there was nothing that would risk destruction or severe harm, Akane thought.

Since the three of them seemed to be in a sort of agreement for getting food, the redhead looked around to locate the food before ushering Suzy and Kale to follow. "I don't know a lot about America or Canada, but I've heard some things about Canadian food. Is it true that you eat beaver tails?" She asked, though not in a disgusted or repulsed manner. It was pure curiosity because Akane never quite understood how one could eat beaver tails. "Oh, there's something else, too! Something like...french fries, but instead of ketchup, you put gravy on it, right?" The name of this Amazing Canadian Delicacy was dishonourably forgotten by Akane, however. "Maybe we could try some of that! I wonder what sort of food is popular in America? Kale, you should show us if you see something, too!"

Seeing a booth for fries, Akane saw a picture of one that was covered in gravy and cheese curds. "Oh, it's that! Right there!" She exclaimed, pointing towards the image while setting herself in line. Unless there was a passionate objection towards trying The Best Combination Of Edible Substances You'll Ever Ingest, which there shouldn't be. "Pou....Poutine? That's a funny name, ehehe." Then again, Akane always thought that dango was a funny word, too.

Thinking about the food from her own country, she recalled that Suzy had asked about Osaka as well. Since they were in line, now was a good a time as any to share a little bit about her city. "Oh, right! Osaka isn't super far from Tokyo, but not super close, either. There's a train that you can take from one city to another, but it's a few hours long." She explained with a grin. Despite the distance, the redhead had visited Tokyo on a number of occasions, the majority of them being for various types of competitions or races. "It's funny how people speak so differently even though they're only a few hours away, ehehe!" Her frequent visits also helped her learnt the Tokyo dialect. She was comfortable speaking it, but her own dialect would always be her default.

Once it was their turn to order, Akane simply pointed at the picture of Ultimate Canadian Fries with a grin. "That one, please!" She stepped aside after paying and once Kale and Suzy were done, found a table to sit at.

"Ne, Kale," she started as she waited for her food to cool a bit, "what kind of food do you like? There's a lot of time until the carnival closes, so maybe we could eat all sorts of food until then, ehehe~ I wonder if they have okonomiyaki here? Oh, or takoyaki!" Just thinking about two of her favourite foods made her mouth water, but it was a good thing Akane had a helping of The Greatness of Canada Materialized Into the Form of Delicious and Flawless Fries right before her, from wish she took a bite out of, now that she was sure it wouldn't burn her.

It was different, to say the least, since she's never had fries with gravy and cheese curds before, but it was delicious nevertheless. "Whoa~ This is really good, Suzy!" She exclaimed with strings of melted cheese hanging between her fork and her mouth. "Is it a Canadian delicacy? I wonder if you get to eat this often?" A meal fit for a king, but made available to all because it would be cruelly un-Canadian-like to keep such delectable foods away from the population. What do you mean there's bias in this post? Shut up and eat your poutine.

• ɪ x ᴡɪʟʟ x. ɴᴏᴛ x. ғᴀʟʟ x.&.&x. ɪ x. ᴡɪʟʟ x. ɴᴏᴛ x. ғᴀᴅᴇ
                                                            I WILL TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY
                                                            ᴡʜᴏ Kale + Suzykiri ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Carnival - Food Standskiri ᴡʜᴀᴛ Poutine is super good!

Mewling Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Regular 100
Don't wanna let you down, but I am, hell bound
xxxxxxxThough this is all for you - don't wanna hide the truth
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxNo matter what we breed we still are made of greed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxT H I SxxxI SxxxM YxxxK I N G D O MxxxC O M E
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxT H I SxxxI SxxxM YxxxK I N G D O MxxxC O M E

User Image
            K a l e xxx G r i m m e r s

l o c a t i o n ↠ Carnivalxxxw i t h ↠ Suzy and Akanexxxo o c ↠ n/a

Kale was intimidated by the amount that these two spoke, but then again, he was happy for it, because they weren't expecting him to talk nearly as much. Or at least, that's what it seemed like to him. He liked that. He didn't want to talk more than he had to, especially in such a new place in a new town... in a new dimension. Kale nodded along as Suzy spoke about Vancouver and the Winter Olympics. He wasn't exactly a fan of sports - winter or otherwise, but he at least knew the basics. Every two years there was an Olympics, switching off between winter and summer each time. He didn't understand why the entire world was so interested in seeing who was the best figure skater or who was the best gymnast, but nobody was asking him to sign up, so that was good. Kale was perfectly content staying away from all that.

Answering Suzy's question, Kale gulped and tried to get out there and state his opinion. "I'll just get what you guys are getting." He didn't want to go out on his own and search for food because it would be the perfect opportunity for the girls to ditch him. He knew he'd probably get lost or he would have dropped his money on the way over to the carnival, and being separated from the two people who would be most likely to help him would not have been a pleasant experience. He was a loser like that sometimes, getting lost without meaning to.

Akane was going on about beaver tails and Kale looked over to Suzy to see if anything she was saying was true. He had never heard of beaver tails or fries with gravy. If anything, he would have expected the British to eat fries with gravy. After all, wasn't it them who had biscuits and gravy as a regular breakfast item? Or was it the southern US? Kale wasn't sure anymore. He hated when he thought he knew something, but his own thoughts made him doubt himself. It wasn't like it was something he could change though. He knew that it was just who he was and that he would have to deal with it. He nodded to Akane when she told him to point out any foods that he knew. The only thing he could think of was venison or pasties. Pasties were huge in Upper Michigan, and a little bit in northern Lower Michigan, but not so much in the cities south of there. Venison was also a huge treat for all the hunters scattered about the state, and then there was always pizza. He didn't know of a single place in the state that didn't love pizza. His own favorite food was shepards pie, but he had no idea if that was a Michigan thing or not.

Akane found a stand with the gravy fries she had been talking about earlier, and Kale joined in the line for some food, digging in his pocket to make sure he had remembered his money. He thankfully had, and he made sure to count out exactly how much he'd need for what he wanted. There were still a couple people in front of him, but he kept his money safely scrunched in his hand so he knew he wouldn't lose it. To lose it now would be embarrassing and horrible, but not completely unexpected. Akane ordered and Kale was next. He got some gravy fries with a drink and waited patiently for his food. Once it was his, he waited for Suzy before sitting down at a nearby table with Akane.

Kale was seconds away from burning his tongue on his gravy fries when Akane asked him about his favorite foods. "Shepards pie. Mashed potatoes. Venison. Meat. Pizza. Junk food." He had a lot more favorites than he did foods he didn't like at all. He wasn't a food connoisseur, he didn't know what everything in the world tasted like (like what in the world was okonomiyaki?), but he knew from what he did try, he pretty much liked everything. He wasn't a picky eater. He preferred meals to snacks, but he had nothing against chips or fries, popcorn or s'mores. Kale took the opportunity as Akane spoke to Suzy again to dig into his food.

His stomach was delighted, finally having something to digest rather than the barren walls of his gut. Kale dedicated the next few minutes solely to eating, enjoying every warm fry and thanking the god he didn't believe in for such good luck that day. His drink was cool and refreshing, perfect to balance out the gravy fries. He didn't know if he would like such a combination or not, but it wasn't horrible. He had definitely eaten much worse things in his life; liver, mud, and asparagus for example. He let out a "Mmm.." of happiness as he finished up his meal. He wasn't completely full however, so there wouldn't be any issues throwing up on rides. However, he also wouldn't have minded a few more fries in his basket. Perhaps he could grab a snack on their way to a ride. He hoped that Suzy and Akane would think of that, instead of him needing to bring it up. At the very least, he was ready to go do whatever his... classmates? Companions? Well, whatever the two girls wanted to do.

Star

trulywaathtrulywaathUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.trulywaathUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tCARNIVALtrulyUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tHELENAtrulyUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tHAPPY

User Image
                                                  • Upon being greeted by Helena, Luca frowned; something about Helena seemed off when she greeted him. She didn’t seem very happy, and that, in turn, left him feeling unhappy. It was important to Luca that all his friends were happy, but Helena wasn’t happy! What should I do? Should I give her this bunny? He looked down at the toy in his hand—it was for Sophie, but Sophie would want Helena to be happy too, right? Or maybe he could go get something else for Helena! In the midst of all his contemplating, though, Helena grabbed his attention by telling her what Luca assumed to be the source of her troubles—that she was looking for her boyfriend. She also mentioned something about... dawdling? “What’s dawdle mean?” He asked, but she was already off trying to weave her way through the crowds that she was complaining about. “Ah, wa—” So he began, but when Helena suddenly dashed off, he repeated in a louder voice, “Wait for me!” Luca ran after her and her being so small did not help in his endeavor at all, but somehow, he made it to her!

Though all he saw was the rather childish sight of the supposed Queen waving her arms up and down in frustration about... a balloon? To be honest, Luca didn’t really know what Helena was so upset about, balloons were awesome, but for some reason, she wasn’t very happy. What did a balloon have to do with finding her boyfriend? Was it some game? He didn’t really get it.

I don’t really know what’s going on, but I can help.~ What do you need?” He looked expectantly at his fellow freshman, and when she answered that it would be convenient if she managed to get to a high place, Luca lit up. “I can do that; I’m good with heights.” He smiled, and began to look around for what would help him achieve said goal, and when his eyes fell upon the Merry-Go-Round, he chose that as the means to help Helena find her so-called boyfriend. “Right there, that’ll work.~” The acrobat chimed, and and dragged Helena onto the line for the Merry-Go-Round. “We have to wait, right? I think that’s what a line is.” Common sense was not something Luca was familiar with and finally being on his own with his sister made that obvious, to everyone, but himself.

It wasn’t say that Luca was really in the close guardianship of an adult after his childhood, but there was always someone who was at least somewhat watching out for him and his sister and probably because the two twins were little more than a pair of kids who needed to be looked after, no one went out of their way to correct their nonsensical behavior. Now that the twins didn’t really have anyone like that anymore, actually being expected to act their age, which was a foreign concept to them, it was made increasingly clear, even to Luca himself, that people acted differently from how he did and recently, he’s begun to learn that perhaps the person who is wrong is him. The young Austrian didn’t really consider himself smart (mostly because he never really bothered to think about whether he was smart or stupid, though he was beginning to lean to the idea that he was stupid, after spending time with his much smarter teammates), but he was trying his best to catch on to this “common sense”.

When the pair reached their turn on the Merry-Go-Round, Luca ripped off and handed to the ride conductor the required amount of tickets—the concept of paying, which he’d learned from Annelise! I should tell her and Sophie later.~ I wonder if they’ll be proud. After all, he managed to properly pay when he should have several times today? So he was being a good kid, just like his mothers always told him to be.

Get on this.“ Luca suggested, pointing to the horse, near the edge of the ride, and before he got into his own horse, “Oh, and can you hold this?” With the rabbit safely in Helena’s care, he turned to get on his own horse. Much to the surprise of the other people riding the Merry-Go-Round and those standing near it to watch, Luca climbed onto the horse next to Helena’s, but instead of sitting on it, he remained on his feet, crouching down as he braced himself, and just as the ride began, he launched himself into the air and grabbed hold of the rim of the Merry-Go-Round’s roof, and mustered his upper body strength in an effort to pull himself up—a feat Luca made look much more simple than it was, thanks to his gymnastics and acrobatic history.

Having hauled himself onto the roof of the Merry-Go-Round, he looked at the flabbergasted ride conductor who shouted at him, “Hey, kid! What do you think you’re doing?! Get off, right now!

Just like a child, he called back, “I’ll get off soon! The Queen needs to find her boyfriend!” Totally ignoring the further protests of the conductor, he bent over, looking at Helena from the roof of the Merry-Go-Round, and held his hand out, “It’s high up here! I’m sure you can find your boyfriend up here!

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
User Image

☆ ☆ the stars change the world's darkness ━━ ; and light up the night sky
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
AND WE CAN FLY THROUGH THE SKY AS IT LEADS US AND WE CAN FLY THROUGH THE SKY AS IT LEADS US AND WE CAN FLY THROUGH THE SKY AS IT LEADS US
everything which came true became the constellations we believe in, right?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx◞ ♔ right?

MOOD calm LOCATION carnival (ferris wheel) COMPANY Levi (Evren, Jasmine) > no one

Would it be a surprise if I were to say that Eirwyn had never been to a carnival at all, and that is his first time? Because it is. Back when he was still living, he had never gone to a single one when they came to or near his home town, and the same goes for all the previous years that he had lived in Charon up until now. It wasn't that he hated carnivals or anything, but rather he just didn't have any incentive to go. Plus, he wasn't a fan of going to loud places, and a carnival was one of them. This year, however, his curiosity about what they were like got the better of him, and so here he is, walking casually through the streets while observing his surroundings. Everywhere he looked, there were crowds of people either lining up to go on one of the rides, to play one of the games, or to buy food. It also astounded him to see just how big this carnival stretched. Are carnivals usually this big? he thought wondrously as he kept on walking. He wanted to see as much of the carnival grounds as he could before he decided to attempt one of the rides or games.

After seeing at least three miles of the carnival, he decided to go back and go on the large ferris wheel. Apparently, a person could see across the entire city of Charon if they were at the very top, right? He wished that he could be closer to the stars that way, but unfortunately, even if he looked like he was close to the stars, the stars were actually millions or billions of lightyears away from him. To his surprise when he arrived at the ferris wheel, one of the Residere students, Levi Blackwood was helping with manning the ride. With him were Evren of the Disciplinarian Committee and Jasmine, the brazen freshman with a spoiled, princess-y attitude. From the dorm advisor's observations, Levi looked to have been given the task of handling tickets. With a cordial smile, Eirwyn stepped forward and handed him the necessary amount of tickets that he'd bought to him.

"I didn't know you were helping out with the carnival. This ride sure seems to be popular. I wonder why. Have you checked out the rest of the carnival yet? Ah, I should probably get on now." He wasn't sure how long the carnival would last or if it was going to stay tomorrow, but he hoped Levi would somehow get to enjoy the carnival as a patron rather than as a volunteer or staff. Making his way to an open cart, he climbed inside and waited for the ride to start. Before long, he was slowly being whisked to the top as the ferris wheel spun in a clockwise/counterclockwise motion. It was too bad that he couldn't see through the top of the cart, because he really wanted to crane his neck back and look up at the sky (most particularly the stars) as he was going up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          JUST LIKE THE PROMISE WE MADE THAT DAY

i believe ░░░░ ████

xxxyou know this was your biggest mistake
              tab tab xxxxxxxxxwhat a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste
              tab tab tab tab iiiwhat a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste what a waste
              xxxxxxxxxmaybe y↻u can right all˟ your wrongs◟ ▬▬▬▬
              tab tab tab xxxbut you let* go↘
              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xxxbecause your h⊙pe is goneˇ
              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xxxx▬▬ and every ☑answer☒ fades awayxxx
              tab tab tab tab xxxi═════════════════════════════════
              xxxiii ▒▒▒ here↓ yu are down on your knees again↷
              xxxxxxxxxxxitry⇡ngˊ to find air t↻ breathe ┊ again

Michael's suspicions were confirmed correct. It was another one of Warren's personae. He once again pondered how that individual had come to be that way. Is it a side effect of his power? he wondered. Michael wasn't savvy to mental diseases, so he wasn't sure if "multiple personality disorder" fit. If it did, then it was a very advanced portrayal, given that even his physical appearance changed. He saw it possible that the two worked in tandem with one another--his powers simply augmenting the effect his potential disorder had. He felt a swell of pride that he had been correct; though, it hadn't been that hard to guess.

In Michael's estimation, the booth manager was sure to get tired of the fact that Warren was basically committing high end robbery by extorting all of his prizes. His suspicion was soon confirmed when the booth owner expressed distaste in Warren's skill. He did admire the fact that Warren made no move to take a third prize, however; he was a teacher to his core.

At Warren's suggestion, Michael scanned the nearby attractions. He found another game that seemed familiar to him. He never learned its name, he only knew the way it functioned. Two competitors stood on slightly raised platforms. After donning headgear for safety's sake, they were given what could only be described as large ear cleaners; the goal was to knock the other off. "We could try that one..." he said hesitantly, pointing to the aforementioned game. Though Michael had fostered a small sense of chivalry, he had been in a "fight to the death" with a girl far earlier in his school year. It put things into perspective for him and made him realize that there was no shame in either outcome when it came to facing a girl--neither winning nor losing. Thus, he regarded Momoko and Warren with equal interest. His only regret was that all three of them couldn't be included at once; but he wasn't even sure yet if either wanted to play.

Michael knew the trick to this game, at least: it was all about momentum. If one was too defensive, they could easily tilt back; if they were too aggressive, a missed strike could be their own undoing. It all came down to the fact that the area on the platforms were small--only enough to stand on, but not really maneuver around. But, like the bottle toss game, he knew that a certain part of it came down to pure mechanical skill; something he still lacked. Nor was he familiar with using a weapon.

He looked from Warren to Momoko. "We don't have to, but if either of you want to go against me..." He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being horribly imposing, even though he was giving an offer, not a command.

With: Warren, Momoko.
              ---Summary---
              -Michael offers the next game the the trio could try.
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
            • CURRENT HAPPENINGS
              Date: Saturday, September 6th
              Temperature: 89ºF / 31ºC
              Time: 2pm
              Weather: Rainy

It’s a rainy day after the carnival! It’s not too bad that you can’t go out, but make sure you bring your umbrella. Have your students hang out on school grounds, maybe beginning to practice their powers in preparation for mentors? Recently, the school has sent out a notification via letters to each room, reminding the occupying students that the upcoming “Power Training with Mentors” will be starting soon. Whatever it is, there are no particular events today, so have your character do whatever they’d like.

-NOTE: Eversus is off limits to students unless in the company of a teacher, comprising of no more than three students.

Star

trulywaathtrulywaathtruly▇▇˟ O1 DOWNTOWN CHARONtruly▇▇˟ O2 READY
                                trulywaathtrulywaathtruly▇▇˟ O3 ALONE

• Friendliness wasn’t exactly Misaya’s strong suit; she was about as cordial as a bull, despite her petite stature, colorful heterochromatic eyes, and cotton candy pink hair. Whenever she was in a place with strangers, there was always a need to re-establish that hostility to the people surrounding here, so they’d stop having that misconception that she was cuddly and nice. With all tsunderes, Misaya did have a cuter dere side, but she’d dig her own grave before ever confessing to that. Once that reputation was formed, then came the slightly less aggravating, due to the attitude of the people talking to her, aftermath, which was—

Hey, Tohno!” Misaya turned to look at who was calling her name—a man she recognized, and some less familiar cronies. Naturally, Misaya’s inhospitable personality invited enemies, and on top of a reputation for being belligerent and having a violent streak, it wasn’t that uncommon for an occurrence for people to show up and talk to her in that tone—that is, the tone that they wanted to pick a fight.

What, are you morons back to get your asses kicked again?” She asked, turning around to face them. The smaller girl’s facial expression remained stoic as her enemy’s twitched at the provocation. “Listen here, you little b***h,” He headed over to her, and Misaya followed suit, walking towards him, “You think you can walk in here, acting like you own the place? Let me teach you a little something about respect.” Misaya looked at him with exasperation.

Misaya rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Cut the s**t, will you? I don’t want to deal with this.” Of course, that wasn’t the response that the delinquent was looking for, and his face twisted as his temper flared, and he grabbed Misaya’s by the collar and pulled her up to her tip toes, his fist ready to punch her.

You wanna ********’ say that again?” His voice, as threatening as it sounded, did not phase her. Misaya wasn’t fearless, but she’d faced people that, in her opinion, were much scarier than this guy. Like her biological dad. He was a pretty terrifying man. Then again, it was also him who said that her fortitude was probably somewhat inbred as well—her biological mother, despite the inadequate amount of time they spent together for two people that had a child together, allegedly “sometimes, had more balls than I did”.

“[********]” Misaya swung her body, using the momentum from swinging herself back to swing herself forward and with the vectors that increased the impact of her kick, sent the delinquent flying backwards and Misaya flying in the opposite direction; she pulled a somersault, sloppily landing on her feet, umbrella landing nearly soundlessly near her. Heterochromatic eyes looked at the scene in front of her. All these people were more than ready to beat her up and leave her to rot in an alley. s**t. What a pain. I’m a little flattered that he brought all his friends, but this doesn’t look like it’ll be easy, but I guess that’s what he was going for.

Misaya braced herself; she didn’t expect to walk out without a good number of bruises.

• User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
User Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

• In the end, Haneul never entered that dance contest. She became worried for Finn's sister after waiting around for her for a long time, and decided to go see whether she was feeling okay. For someone who usually seemed to be full of confidence, it struck Haneul as odd that Flannery would feel nervous about going up on stage and competing in front of those watching. Unfortunately, because Flannery never told her which public restroom she would be using, she had trouble locating her. She checked the nearest restroom, but it turned out his sister wasn't in there. Little did she know that Flannery had actually been in the men's restroom the whole time she went around looking for him. And because of that, she was unable to find her anywhere. She deeply regretted not having asked for her phone number during their conversation so she could contact her. At the same time, she wondered if Flannery somehow got fed up with her and left because she didn't want anything to do with her anymore. So after going around the carnival a little, she went back to the academy. That ferris wheel she'd been wanting to go on since she first arrived at the carnival? She never went on that, either.

Upon returning to her dorm, she noticed that Finn had returned since his shoes were there in the doorway, but he wasn't anywhere in the common room. Assuming that he probably went to sleep early, Haneul made herself a small pot of ramyun and ate it while watching some old re-run episodes of a Korean drama. She kept the volume as low as possible to not wake her friend, but at the same time made sure it was audible enough for her to hear. Since it was re-runs, she already knew what was going to happen, but she still got giddy feels whenever a particular scene she liked came up. Hugging a couch pillow closely to her chest as she leaned away from the coffee table and back against the couch behind her, she watched with anticipation as the couple on TV leaned in for a kiss. "Omo, omo!" she quietly squealed as she let go of the pillow and brought her hands to her mouth. Unfortunately though, she didn't get to see to the end of the episode since she ended up falling asleep right there just a couple of minutes before it was over.

And apparently, she turned out to have overslept since it was about 12 o' clock noon and raining when she woke up. Hearing rain drops drumming against the window as they fell, she groaned. Why did it have to rain? She was aware that she could still go out, but she much preferred going out in dry weather rather than wet weather. Oh well, she might as well marathon a new Kdrama while she was stuck indoors. That, or go find Finn and tell him that she spotted his sister at the carnival last night. Unfortunately, Finn wasn't in his room when she went to see if he was still in there, so she wondered if he had gone out while she was sleeping. Taking out her cell phone, she sent a text to him to tell him that she saw "Flannery" at the carnival yesterday and that she wished he could've met and reunited with his sister. After sending the message, she proceeded to make herself brunch before she sat down in front of the TV again and began to marathon a recently finished popular Kdrama from the very beginning.

User Image
  DORM      NO ONE      OUTFIT

English/Korean/Japanese

Star

▇▇ MALLtrulywaathtruly▇▇ ASTRAEAtrulywaathtruly▇▇ HAPPYtrulywaathtruly

User Image
                                  • The carnival ended without much excitement, besides exactly what you’d expect out of a carnival. There was nothing unusual going on and Anya was thankful for it—while some people thrived in chaos, Anya did not. The Russian-French woman considered years leading up to her life to be more than enough havoc than she’d ever have a need for. Just like how someone who needed constant stimulation couldn’t even begin to understand how Anya could enjoy the days that were mundane and quiet, Anya couldn’t understand how people could handle so much commotion in their lives. For the secretary, it was simply exhausting and not very rewarding.

Today would’ve been another day where she sat at her desk and worked with a cup of tea at the corner, the polar opposite of exciting, but previously, Anya had been asked by her co-worker if she wanted to go shopping. The secretary was on top of her work per normal, so there was no reason for her to decline the offer as long as she remained on top of that work by the time the day arrived, and today, Anya was certain that taking some time away from paperwork to go out shopping with Astraea wasn’t going to be any kind of detrimental to her.

In fact, Anya was looking forward to their shopping date. Though Anya didn’t consider herself a girly girl (as, to Anya, despite the common qualities, a girly girl and a lady were much different), she did enjoy shopping and buying charming clothing. Her choice of clothing always matched that of a mature woman and she was often seen by others as seeming very wealthy (or pretentious)—while Anya had very little good to say about her father, whose blood it was that granted her noble lineage, she had to say that spending most of her life living with him certainly affected her tastes, though it didn’t affect her standards, not too much. Well, whatever was affected was effectively reduced back to the standards Anya first had when she departed from Russia for France, due to her living conditions during the French Revolution.

Anya made it to the mall in Charon that the two decided on, finding Astraea and after exchanging pleasantries, the two began their journey to conquer the mall.

They’ve begun shelving the summer clothes,” Anya commented, looking at the newly put out fall lines of clothing, “Most of them are on sale now.” She picked up a light, red scarf and turned it in her hands, before placing it back on the pile and peered at the sales table. As expected, the leftovers weren’t anything too spectacular and Anya had enough summer clothes as it was, that she didn’t need to struggle to find something nice to buy.

I’ve been here for a while, so the only reason I would buy clothes is to keep up with new trends or to have something new in my wardrobe, but Astraea, you died recently, right? Are you like me, shopping for hobby, or shopping for necessity?” Anya’s lips curled into a mischievous smile as she continued, “Or are you shopping to impress someone? I see you talk to Mr. Hayami often, you know. Perhaps you’re in need of an impressive dress? I know a couple of good shops.~

• User Image

Star

truCAFÉtlywathtruHOLLYtlywathtruCALMtlywath

• It was another quiet day after another. Alto wouldn’t call a bar quiet, but while most people were out having fun at the lively carnival, he was drinking, unexpectedly with Rino, neither of whom were particularly boisterous people, so the night became surprisingly quiet for Alto, despite the carnival. There was no sort of special occasion today—the only thing notable that happened today was the letter that the students received regarding the upcoming “Power Training with Mentors” hoo ha, which... well, Alto couldn’t care less, so today would be another quiet day.

Alto heaved a sigh, laying in his bed and the rain making him unwilling to peel himself off of it. The room was quiet, except for the sound of the rain beyond the wall of his room. It certainly was quiet, and left the young man in a swirl of his own thoughts. More importantly, a swirl of his own memories—dreams that featured people from his past could have that kind of effect on him. Was it because he was talking about Laurence last night? Then again, not every dream had to have that kind of trigger.

It wasn’t the dream he’d woke up from just now, it was the one he’d woken up from several hours ago. To be honest, the contents of that dream were a mystery to Alto. He didn’t remember much of it, just that at one point, he was talking to his brother, and at another point, searching for him desperately. Alto didn’t know why he was so distressed—was there some sort of potent danger with his brother being lost at the moment, he didn’t quite know.

After a minute of staring at his ceiling in the wee hours of the morning, standing in the midst of thoughts he’d rather not welcome, Alto reached under his bed and slid out a box full of beer. He pulled one out and popped it open quietly, as tasteless as it was to be drinking so early in the day, and rinsed and repeat until his dream was out of mind and he was ready to close his eyes and go to sleep, instead of close his eyes and think about things he didn’t want to think of.

And, eventually, he woke up again, past noon, feeling groggy and not refreshed at all. To add to the wound, somewhere in the back of his mind was that dream, rearing its ugly head as a reminder to Alto’s complicated relationships with most of the people in his life. Unwilling to stay in his own thoughts, but unwilling to leave his room due to the lazy atmosphere caused by the rain, he reached down for another can of beer, until his phone rang. The phone, at the far end of his nightstand, was lazily reached for, and an empty beer can fell on ground as Alto’s hand grabbed the phone.

The text in question was from Holly, asking if he wanted to hang out at a café. Uh... He gave his current situation a look-over—he looked like trash, he hadn’t even washed his face yet, so Alto was sure that also looked like a disaster. The ex-model eyed the beer and mused over what to do for a second, before texting back with a Okay. Meet me at the front of the dorms. It wasn’t so bad that Alto had to drink—he drank more than he should, that was for sure, but his behavior wasn’t so adversely affected that he’d be considered an alcoholic. Alcohol was just good company when Alto was busy sinking in his personally dug emotional hole, but sometimes, so were people—Holly in question was always good at keeping his mind off the things that usually bothered him. Holly was a sweet girl and was pleasant company—that was it, or at least, that was all Alto was willing to admit. Eh, and besides, he should probably eat something—admittedly, the only thing Alto consumed since yesterday evening was alcohol.

After agreeing to the excursion, slowly, but surely, Alto rolled off his bed and made it to his feet, to make himself look presentable. In light of the rain, he turned to wearing dark clothes, and donned a jacket with a hoodie due to his lack of an umbrella. He met up with Holly, and they took off to a café; Alto didn’t know which one, and let the black-haired girl pick whichever one she wanted.

They found a seat and flipped through their menus—Alto wasn’t a huge fan of sweets, opting to look for something that wasn’t drenched in sugar. When he found his pick, he shut the menu and laid it in front of him. “I think I’ll get a coffee and a chicken sandwich. I’m starving,” Alto propped hi elbow on the table, leaning into his palm, “You?” She replied with the order in question, and Alto nodded. “All right. Do you want me to order for you when the waitress gets here?

• User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff