Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to Haven Academy

Although it is called an Academy this place located in an isolated pocket of the Spirit World does not follow any accepted institutional guidelines. Students are warned before entering that there is no guarantee for survival, but if they survive the years of training they will be the toughest creatures in the world, able to withstand nearly anything that can be thrown at them.

At Haven students are separated into four houses representing the widely accepted elements in existence. Representing fire is House Vexus, known for some of the more resilient fighters with outstanding powers. House Astor represents the element of earth, and is known for those who favor more strategic tactics and ambition. Those with cunning, yet gentle natures can often be seen in House Lovalea which represents water. Finally there is House Volostran representing air. Students here are often of a more...eccentric variety, with powers that come in a close second to House Vexus.. While these are some of the more widely known characteristics each student is still unique, and in the end it hardly matters.

While students learn important survival techniques, they are also encouraged to engage in friendly--and not so friendly--competition between the houses. They will earn house points and rewards from the Headmaster that can be used to buy much needed supplies as well as items from the ever moving goods store Bartering Ends. Monsters and spirits often enter the school so items obtained from this store are always useful. Students are ranked by how many semesters they've been at the school through a star rank system. All first years are given one star, and if they survive to the next semester they gain a level. The ones who gain the most respect and acknowledgement are given the titles of House Leaders and afforded certain privileges, so there is never a dull moment here.

Oh, and there is one more important piece of information you should know. The end of every semester is not through the traditional set amount of months or years, no, the Headmaster will randomly state that the semester is at a close. The house with the least amount of points will then be subjected to a harsh trial known as the Forlorn Maze. Here, some of the most fearsome and deadly monsters dwell. For those who make it to the end of the maze with their lives in tact will advance to the next level and semester. And for those who don't...well, condolence letters are often being mailed out by the Academy.

So do your best to survive, and if you do, you will be ready to take on the worlds.

This is a remake of an rp by my friend vin85_beat. All original ideas go to her, I've just tweaked it a bit. Also the large inspiration for the houses came from Harry Potter so kudos to J.K. Rowling!

RP Rules

1. Follow all Gaia ToS and forum rules.
      2. Please respect the actions and decisions made by me and any future moderators I may have.
      3. Respect all players. The only drama I want to see should be in character. If you have a problem either settle it outside of the rp or contact me and I will see what I can do.
      4. This should go without saying but please no god-modding, or power playing. If I see it I will give one warning and then you are out.
      5. I will not put a limit or minimum on how much you post, but please I will say no one-liners or writing actions in ** form.
      6. As far as activity goes, please post at least twice a week. If you are inactive for two weeks without having notified me of a reason I will kill your character.
      7. Please pm me the profile skeletons with the title "Haven Profiles." If you'd like to reserve a spot just pm me with the title "Reserve"
      8. Everyone will get three warnings before I kick you out. On the rare exception you are kicked out after one warning I will let you know why this happened.
      9. The most important rule...HAVE FUN!
      10. If you have any questions pm me and I will gladly answer them.

- no more than three characters per person
      - Honestly don't know how I forgot these rules but please no insta-romances or cybering. Don't take it anywhere! Also, please no perfect or all powerful characters.

Rules are subject to be changed or added, and will be done so in red font

Academy Rules

1. Lockdown for all dorms will be at 9pm sharp. Anyone found outside will be fodder for the hell hounds.
      2. No sneaking into houses. Perpetrators will be dealt with by House Leaders and the Headmaster.
      3. No killing each other outside of contests or events that have been sanctioned as kill safe. ((in regards to this make sure you also get permission by the player as well))
      4. No student should have access to any passwords for other houses besides their own. House leaders will pm me their chosen passwords, and then pm their members the password so that it remains secret. (this may be changed in the future).

New regulations will be added in blue font
Guide to Haven

List of Creatures:
Here at Haven we believe in every student being unique. For this reason we only allow two of any type of race to exist within our walls. There is one exception to this rule....NO HUMANS ALLOWED!

Currently enrolled:
      Baku (1/2)
      Kitsune (1/2)
      Pixie (1/2)
      Demon (1/2)

List of Powers:
Keeping in accordance with the creatures rule only two students at a time will be allowed the same powers, so keep that in mind students.

Current Power Chart
      - Dream Manipulation (1/2)
      - Illusions (1/2)
      - Portal Creation (1/2)
      - Shadow Manipulation (2/2)
      - Transformation (1/2)
      - Fire Tails (1/2)
      - Invisibility (1/2)
      - Water Manipulation (1/2)
      - Swordsmanship (2/2)
      - Earth Manipulation (1/2)

Star Rank System
Instead of conventional grades Haven uses a ranking system for each student. These ranks are used to determine how many semesters a student has stayed within the Academy, and they will appear in the form of a star button to be attached to a person's clothing. The more stars you have, the more experience, and presumably the more powerful you arel. Not many last more than four years at the Academy, and those who have are usually kicked out by their sixth year. That being the case you are only awarded a level every semester you survive. There are special cases of leveling up before the semester finishes for students who defeat at least five powerful monsters during an outbreak. It is rare, but it has been done in the past. Those students are rewarded a platinum star pendant on top of their current star ranking, and so far there are only three to have obtained one. It is rare that you will find more than a handful of students, besides the lower levels, in a certain rank. Even rarer if you find more than three in the titan ranks.

Current rankings

✩ (newcomer)

✩✩ (newcomer)
- Winter

✩✩✩ (weak)

✩✩✩✩ (weak)

✩✩✩✩✩( mediocre)
- Soran

✩✩✩✩✩✩ (mediocre)

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩ (powerful)
- Marie
- Azalia

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩ (powerful)

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩ ( titan)

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩ (titan)

✪ (platinum star ranking)

House Points:
As you know, house points measure the ranking of your house at any given moment in the school. The more points you have the more likely you are to survive. We do not believe in taking away points for bad behavior and the like when we can simply feed disobedient students to Grimm, our very own death monster. Don't complain, you're enrolled so you play by our rules. Points are rewarded mostly during events, the winners will be decided through popular vote so work hard everyone. However, if a moderator or co-moderator sees something especially note-worthy, be it an exceptional post or interesting feedback, they will reward points accordingly. If by some chance your character/house defeats a monster during an outbreak (which will be played by me) then you will also gain points.

Moderator/Co-Moderator Discretion: +5 pts
Monster Outbreak: +10 pts
Contest Winners: +10 pts
Event Champtions: + 20 pts

Contests/Events:
There will be a separate post where contests/events will be posted and explained. They will last for a set period of time and winners, along with receiving house points, will also receive a special privilege that will be decided by the Headmaster.

Food & Water
Unlike conventional schools at Haven Academy we provide our students with a very realistic situation when it comes to your food and water. Meals and supplies will be dropped off at each house at a certain time. It is a first come, first serve sort of situation, since there is no cafeteria to speak of. Water can also be found within houses, and if you should run out you can find various water sources around the campus. Be sure to purify the water though, or else you may end up with poisoning.

Bartering Ends:
This small shop appears at random in the main courtyard, beside the bulletin board. The Headmaster will usually announce the appearance of the shop and it is then that students and House Leaders must quickly decide whether to buy or keep away. The owner of Bartering Ends, simply known as, Boo, usually has an ecclectic stock of items that changes at each opening. Prices depend solely on Boo's mood and you must be quick to request items or they will run out. Sometimes you can haggle prices with Boo, but that is rare and also depends on his mood. Enjoy students, and good luck in your bartering.

More to be added later....
Profile Skeleton:
Fill this out and pm them to me when you're done. There will be no traditional profiles because I would rather see them change and grow.

[img]100x100 icon[/img][img]100x100 icon[/img][img]100x100 icon[/img]

[size=7][b][color=white]x[/color][color1]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color] [color=white]xx[/color] [color2]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] [color3]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color][/b][/size]
[size=7][b][color=white]x[/color][color1]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color] [color=white]xx[/color] [color2]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] [color3]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ [color=white]xx[/color] ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color][/b][/size]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14]✖[/size][size=11]Username[/size]
[size=14]✖[/size][size=11]Name[/size]
[size=14]✖[/size] [size=11]Age[/size]
[size=14]✖[/size] [size=11]Type of Creature[/size]
[size=14]✖[/size] [size=11]House[/size]
[size=14]✖[/size] [size=11]Character lv.[/size]
[size=14]✖[/size] [size=11]Powers (limit 3)[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
NPCS

list to come...
H O U S E__ L O V A L E A
Current House Points: 0
Current Slots 3/4

House Leader: Open

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

kikm07e
                Winter Lakezen
                Age 18
                Pixie
                House Lovalea
                ✩✩
                Powers:Invisibility, can make or bend water, skilled in swordfighting [wielder of Zennarok] )
H O U S E__ V O L O S T R A N
Current Slots 3/4

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

House Leader: Taken

harpy_sister
                Marie "Neo" Yomitsune
                seventeen
                Baku
                House Volostran
                ✩✩✩✩✩✩✩.
                dream sequence, illusions, small portal creation
H O U S E__ V E X U S
Current Slots 3/4

House Leader: Taken

LovinglyToxic
                Azalia Nichole Thorn
                Seventeen
                Kitsune
                Vexus
                ✩✩✩✩✩✩✩
                shadow manipulation, tansformation, fire tails (tails made of fire and can use that against enemies)
H O U S E__ A S T O R
Current Slots 3/4

House Leader: reserved for HyakuShikiRai

(eXe)Spartan
                Soran Reaper
                Demon
                House Astor
                ✩✩✩✩✩
                Swordsmanship (katana's and short swords), Shadow Manipulation, Earth Manipulation
Academy Grounds

If you wish to create a spot please send me the name, location, and link to a picture.

Main Building & Entrance:
Since the school is located in an empty pocket of space in the Spirit World students enter the grounds through two ways. One is to create a portal and link it to the Academy grounds after getting approval by the Headmaster. If not they will find themselves trapped within their portal. The second way is to have a portal created for them, and it will appear on the first day of school to drop them off. The main building of the Academy houses the communal library, training grounds, arena, music rooms, weapons room, and miscellaneous rooms that will morph to suit a student's desires. However, these rooms only appear on certain days and will allow access to a maximum of five people at a time. Along with that it houses the largest open courtyard where the bulletin board with important announcements are posted.

Vexus House:
While it may not be the mos asthetically pleasing of all the houses, Vexus House is the easiest house to defend for its residents and has wards placed on it to protect students from the more sinister creatures that can attack them from the nearby Lushten Caves. On the southern edge of the school grounds it has its own unique feature by being the location of the fire phoenix god Suzaku. This god often takes the form of either a small child, young man, or old man, and often interacts with the students. No one except the Headmaster and House Leader know where Suzaku actually rests though.

Lovalea House:
Nestled at the base of a cliff Lovalea House is located in the northern parts of the ground, above Falian Lake. With the closest and most abundant supply of fresh water this house has a secret known only to its students. Beneath the river that runs in front of the House lies another building that mirrors the one most students see. It can only be accessed by students who can easily breathe and live underwater, and it is there where many secrets are stored within vaults.

Astor House:
Located on the Western side of the Academy grounds, Astor House is guarded by a sleeping Earth spirit who created Separation Forest--a forest that separates Astor and Lovalea House. While its buildings may be open and not as grand as some of the other houses it does have the best protection and also has an abundant food supply thanks to the nearby forest. It is rumored that only the heads of Astor House can see and commune with the Earth spirit that guards. There is a shrine somewhere within the forest that is dedicated to this powerful spirit.

Volostran House
Located on the Eastern side of the grounds the Volostran House is constantly surrounded by clouds and mist. The main building and dorms are nestled in a craggy mountain cliff. Students with the ability of flight find it easy to access the rooms and building, but those who don't often have a slight difficulty, which is why there is a secret passage located at the bottom of the cliff. For those who are part of the house all they must do is whisper the password to a rock covered in moss and the passage will open and it is a simple climb to the top where the dorms and main building are located.

Lushten Caves:
This network of caves houses many creatures with an affinity to fire and darkness like the hellhounds, imps, and a few creatures from nightmares. Located on the southern edges of the campus it is closest to the Vexus House. It is separated into four main sections: the outer edges, the main chamber, Den of the Hell Hounds and the Sacred Inner Sanctum. Most student who dare to venture inside only traverse the first two sections, but there are a few who have travelled farther and lived to tell the tale.

Falian Lake
Located in the northern section of the school, a bit away from the main building and entrance a large lake sits surrounded by sloping hills. The water has collected over centuries from this basin like formation and when it rains heavily it becomes a sort of marshland. Currently watched over by Lovalea House Leader. An assortment of creatures have been known to exist there, including a kappa or two and a water dragon.
Event(s):

Welcome Back Ceremony & Carnival
      Welcome back students. Tonight, in the Great Hall, the Headmaster will be giving his usual speech. Afterwards please enjoy the Carnival games and attractions that has been set up for your pleasure, modeled after the humans own carnival. Winners of games will receive house points, and the house that collects the most points by tonight will get a special surprise.

Now for the breakdown. If anyone has questions about this pm me or quote me in the OOC:

- Ring Toss: Toss small rings onto moving targets, but be careful some may attack you if you're not careful. To score points when posting choose 'roll a dice' in the post action, choose one four sided dice and roll a 3. Each time you do so your house will be awarded 1 pts. You can play this game an infinite amount of times.

- Catch a Golem: An adaption of the game where one catches a goldfish with a small, thin net. Our version uses golems molded to look like goldfish and larger iron nets that will shock you if you keep the net within the water for more than ten seconds. When posting choose ‘roll a dice’, one ten sided die, and get an eight. You may play this game a maximum of three times and score 5 points each time.

- Test Your Strength: Basically you get a hammer and whack the **** out of a plank of wood as you try to ring the bell, simple right? When posting choose the post action ‘random number’ and generate a ten by picking the numbers 1 & 15. When you generate a ten, aka ring the bell, you will receive 10 pts to show off your strength. This can be played a maximum of four times.

- Pop the Balloon: Keeping with tradition each student is given three darts in which they must pop a balloon mounted on the wall. Not keeping with tradition is the scream that is emitted from said balloon when it is popped, courtesy of Headmaster Flinch. When posting choose ‘roll a dice’, one four sided dice, and roll a two. Each time you pop a balloon your house will be awarded 3 pts. You can play this game an infinite amount of times.

- Archery: This game is held outside in the courtyard. Instead of using arrows students are blindfolded and allowed to use their own powers to hit the targets set before them. Don’t worry, spectators will be protected from wayward powers by a barrier. When posting choose the post action ‘random number’, generate a four by picking the numbers 1 & 15. If your hit should land you will receive 15 pts. This game can only be played three times.

-House of Mirrors: Our single attraction at this Carnival. This side room to the Great Hall is a virtual maze of mirrors masked in illusions. Creatures may or may not pop out, and you may or may not survive. It is a small preview to what the losing house may face in the Forlorn Maze. Don’t worry, if you get lost the Headmaster will come to retrieve you by the end of the night.

- Bumper Cars: Also in the main courtyard lies the bumper car attraction. Have fun banging into each other in these tiny contraptions, but be careful...sometimes the cars de-rail themselves and you might just go flying into the archery range.
Date & Weather

- Currently the first day of school; Fall 1, Monday

- Mid-afternoon (Carnival will be held later tonight)

- Cool with the scent of rain
School Announcements

Students, get yourselves accquainted with your fellow housemates and the grounds. Be aware that the Lushten Caves located in the south corner of the campus has had some unusual activity recently. There have been reports of the hell hounds being freed from their cages by an unknown perpetrator. Any news or accidents should be reported to the Headmaster immediately. Also, due to a late shipment we will only be serving a meal a day, so be careful with the rations found in your houses. There is still an abundant supply of water though.
Current Events

to be updated as the rp progresses.
Regular Announcements

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out