Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dante was relieved once Emberlynn seemed to stop being scared of Michael. So this wasn't going to be as difficult as he'd expected it to be. He relaxed a little and let the breath he had been holding out, although this was more for the effect than anything else. He noticed how Emberlynn went over to him and said hi, it was funny, she was always straight to point and it just didn't seem right when she was scared about something, she just didn't seem to be one of those people. Dante fell back beside Valentine now, it was easier standing back with her.
Michael smiled at the little girl, "Hi. I'm Michael." he replied.
That was something else Dante had neglected to tell anyone else. He had forgotten to tell Valentine and Emberlynn that his relative's name was Michael. He laughed to himself for a moment before looking over at Emberlynn again, she still seemed like a very blunt person, like her comment about the outside of Michael's house. He had known a few people to comment on it before, one of them had been Dante himself, but all the people who normally made comments like that were related to him.
Michael only laughed. "Well we don't need people coming to look here if someones after you now do we."
Dante found it funny how Valentine warned her against saying things like that, he knew Michael didn't really care. He didn't really have many rules around the house either, which would allow Emberlynn to adjust rather nicely with any luck. Michael finally took his eyes of the little vampire girl and looked at Dante.
"She your girl friend or something?" he muttered.
Now that was something Dante hadn't expected him to say. He rolled his eyes "Well if you need to be so nosy then yes. I believe she is." he had never actually asked Valentine directly, but there had been hints and after all they had been through he believed they were close enough for that now.

Bashful Wolf

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

Valentine watched Micheal and Emberlynn. There almost seemed to be a quick bond between them. Well, at least now that she was no longer scared. She was happy and bubbly, and it made Valentine want to laugh, but she reframed from doing so. All she really did was smile a big smile. Emberlynn should be quite the entertainment.
"Hi Michael!" She said with a big smile. She looked around and nodded. "And I guess having a horrible looking house on the outside would help keep unwanted visitors away. Good choice." She said jumping slightly, her curls bouncing. Emberlynn covered her mouth and laughed.
Valentine hadn't expected a question like that to be asked. And she thought his answer was pathetic. She took hold of his hand and smiled. "I think he means yes I am his girlfriend." She laughed and that made Emberlynn giggle.
"Almost like a married couple!" She said jumping and pinting and laughing.
Valentine looked down at her feet and smiled. She bit her lip. She had no idea Emberlynn knew so much about anything. Mirabelle must have taught her more then she thought....
Emberlynn held her rabbit tight. "So adorable!" She skipped up to them and wiggled between them. "My mommy and Dante are like a married couple!" She laughed again.
Valentine laughed and shook her head. Okay so now was the time where she was getting embarrassed. By her own child. Emberlynn reminded her so much of herself, and even a bit of the man she was supposed to marry. Andit was odd because he wasn't even her father. Basically, Emberlynn was without a father. Her biological father was long past dead by now. It almsot made her sad, but she couldn't help but smile and laugh as Emberlynn continued to bounce up and down and make fun of them. She moved away from them and stood in front of them pointing and smiling. "Mommy and Dante are a married couple!" She was laughing harder then she needed to, which was making Valentine laugh. Watching this small girl bounce around and make fun of them and laugh hard was quite the sight.
Dante started laughing when Emberlynn mentioned them being like a married couple. That was something he had defiantly not expected from the ten year old vampire, obviously Mirabelle hadn't left anything out when she had been teaching her, she knew how to kill and she knew things that didn't seem right for her age group. Dante pulled Valentine closer to him at that moment, he found, he continued watching Emberlynn, she seemed to be having a good time even though she had only been here for little over a few minutes. However when she mentioned it, Dante found himself wondering about what Emberlynn's father had been like. Obviously he was dead, from what Valentine had said, Emberlynn's father had been human, so it wasn't hard to believe that he was dead.
Michael watched the three of them and smiled, he found Emberlynn funny also. He watched them for a moment before looking around the house, "Well now that everyone has been acquainted, Emberlynn's room she will be staying in is down the hall, first on the left." he said, now that they formalities were down he was simply stating all the information.
Dante nodded, and he heard something that sounded like footsteps upstairs. He bit his lip, the last time he had been here, he was sure that Michael had been single, and he didn't bring people here often, the less people that knew about this place the better, that was what he always said. He noticed Michael had heard the sound too and he immediately removed his arm from where it had been around Valentine. He turned to her.
"I don't like what that sound means. And I don't like what it means might happen to me. You keep away from upstairs, and keep Emberlynn down here. Both of you keep safe." he could already feel the demon voice inside him breaking over the surface, but they seemed to have reached an agreement so it was better, he let the demon out for the bloodshed and it left him alone. Dante reached the top of the stairwell, taking them two at a time and burst into the room that he had heard the noise coming from.
The man sat on the ground, seemingly unaware of Dante's presence. But then he turned, a Dante recognized him immediately and it was someone he had believed to be dead. He had seen him die. There were no words exchanged and Dante had already changed into demon form again. He attacked the man and the window behind him exploded, the body of the man being knocked out of it. Dante smiled, but he knew that wouldn't have killed him, not if all the other things he had been through hadn't killed him. The man floated in mid air, smiling back at Dante. Dante used his demon wings to fly at the man, out the window and then driving him into the ground far below. He kept him on the ground with his arm around the man's neck, he knew he wasn't showing off what he could do, he knew he wasn't using his powers.

Bashful Wolf

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

Valentine was about to walk Emberlynn to the room Michael was letting her stay in when she heard the noise Dante heard. Emberlynn took off to go upstairs, but Valentine was faster and snatched her. She heard a window break upstairs and she bit her lip. She was now starting to have doubts that Emberlynn would be safe. Though, Emberlynn seemed more curious then afraid because she ripped free from Valentine's grip and ran to a window. Her jaw dropped.
Valentine didn't know what was going on, but she didn't like it. Obviously the two men had some kind of history for Dante to attack him like that. She was confused and worried and felt helpless. She wanted to go out there, but was simply doing what Dante told her to do.
'Since when did you listen to anyone?' A voice ran through her head. She frowned. She looked at Emberlynn. "Stay here." She ordered her. Emberlynn just continued to stare at the window.
Valentine knew she shouldn't go out there, but she didn't care. It was her stubborn self, something he should be used to. She stood far from there, but close enough for them to hear them talk. "Stop fighting. I am starting to have doubts that this place is safe." She looked at the man and Dante. "What the hell happened between the two of you to act like this!? This is ridiculous!" She crossed her arms and frowned. Most likely they wouldn't listen to her. She sighed and shook her head. She wondered what happened between the two of them.
Dante could see Valentine didn't listen, which wasn't surprising, but at least she had listened when he'd told her to get Emberlynn out of the situation. He breathed a sigh of relief before looking at the man again. He held him to the ground, before looking back to Valentine.
"This place is safe." he barked, it had come out angrier than he had meant it to, but maybe that was partially because he was in demon form.
He looked back down at the man who smiled and teleported from beneath his grip before reappearing not far away from him. So now he decided to use his powers. Dante took another glance at Valentine, a I'll explain things later kind of glance, although he wasn't exactly sure how it would come out while he was in demon form, before turning back to the man who had invaded the house.
Nero only smiled, something that didn't make Dante very hopeful that he was simply going to go and leave them alone. He had pretended to be dead for this damn long and now he thought he could walk back in and attack Dante for something he no longer remembered doing. But this guy liked to keep grudges. He was surprised Nero actually knew that he was going to be here, he must have some damn good informants. Dante growled and Nero attacked again. Dante responded with a blast of hellfire again, but Nero came out of it unscathed. Nero was a demon as well, but he had far more training at it than Dante, he had been a demon for far longer.
Nero sat there, that same smile on his face before Dante saw his glance change to Valentine.
"So who's this pretty little thing?" he asked, no longer paying any attention to Dante.
Dante didn't turn back to human form, he knew Valentine would take care of herself if he tried to harm her, but the way he was acting like they were all old friends. It just didn't seem right. Eventually Nero smiled and turned back to Dante before he saw a flash of ice, but Dante dodged out of the way. Nero was already attacking him again, so he was fast. Dante dodged the attack before coming around for another one, he smashed Nero into the ground and held him there. This wasn't getting any easier. His right hand held Nero to the ground while his left was alight with fire.

Bashful Wolf

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

Valentine frowned. She wasn't liking this very much. She stayed quiet and watched them just attack each other. She didn't do much because it didn't look like there was much she could do. But the man Dante was fighting with got her attention with the comment he made. She rose a brow, and then narrowed her eyes. "You get to say nothing of me." She said, not caring whether he heard her or not. She was already taking a disliking to him. She so badly wanted to wipe that smile off his face. She felt her old self kick in. Not the one where she killed demons, but the one where she hated when men talked about her like she was property or a thing, as if she was nothing. She clenched her jaw and stared angrily at him.
Emberlynn was still watching from the window. 'Well she won't need T.V.' Valentine thought to herself.
When Dante slammed the man into ground she finally walked close enough to them. "Stop fighting! This is ridiculous!" Then she glared at the man Dante had pinned to the ground. "And say anything else about me and I swear to God I will kill you. I am not a thing, or a piece of property. I am a person just like anyone else and deserve respect." Her tone was harsh. She had enough fighting for one day, and she was feeling pissed off from this. Maybe it had to do with her blood loss? She didn't know but either way she wanted it to stop. She strangely felt like a mother who was yelling at two little boys who were fighting over a toy. She shook herself mentally from the thought. She didn't need to break out in laughter right now, actually, she needed to keep a straight face and find some kind of way for the two of them to just stop.
Dante finally released the man, turning back to his human self again, his clothes were still all torn up so he would need to change those once they finally got back to school. Nero got to his feet but he didn't say anything. There was an awkward silence going on between the three of them, and Dante made sure he stopped himself from laughing when Valentine told Nero that she wasn't a thing. He loved it when she stuck of for herself. Nero continued smiling and Dante bloody hated it. Then he was gone. Just like that. Dante looked around to make sure he hadn't just teleported anywhere else and then he noticed Emberlynn staring out the window. Damn she must have enjoyed the show. Dante shook his head before turning back to Valentine.
"I thought he was dead." he shook his head "I promise this place is safe, we can leave Emberlynn here." He looked over at Emberlynn through the window again. He hoped she didn't blame him for the fighting, it wasn't exactly his fault. He shook his head, Michael was still inside, good thing he hadn't tried to interfere, otherwise things could have gotten worse. Michael had never liked Nero much, things would have gotten destroyed. Dante shook his head before turning back to Valentine.
"We should get back to the school. If you want to ask about what happened, then ask your questions there."
Dante was just thankful that Nero had left, last time they had met it had been worse. They had destroyed Dante's last house and almost killed each other, but maybe Nero had left because of Valentine, the unexpected addition to the equation. He noticed Michael at the door.
"You told me he was dead!"
"He was dead." Dante shook his head "He wont be coming back." Even Dante's own words sounded like a lie.
Michael seemed satisfied however, because he left, probably to go check on Emberlynn and get her settled in or something. Michael didn't fight anymore it seemed. He's the one who had taught Dante after all, so he had been rather good.

Bashful Wolf

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

Valentine was happy that they stopped fighting. It was a big relief. She sighed. "Well good because I don't feel like having to take her to another place. I rather just let her get settled here and then go." She held her head like she had a headache but really she was getting dizzy again. She nodded when he told her to ask him when they got to the academy. She had no problem doing that. She had every intention of asking, but not right at that moment when the blood loss was starting to get to her.
She followed Dante and jumped a little bit when she heard Michael. She wasn't expecting him to be standing there. So he caught her off guard. 'So both of them thought he was dead. I wonder whar happened.' She thought to herself. It was a wonder to her, but one she didn't ask about yet. She walked past them and stood in front of Emberlynn. "I have to go now. Are you going to be okay?"
Emberlynn nodded. "Yeah. I'll be fine." She smiled and hugged Valentine. Valentine walked her to the room Michael said she'd be staying in. She helped her get into bed and was suprised by how fast she fell asleep. She kissed her forehead and left ehr to sleep.
She returned near Dante and looked at him. "I am ready to go. Emberlynn went to bed quickly. She said she's going to be okay, so I will take your word and her's." She smiled and looked at Michael. "Thank you for letting her stay here. I couldn't thank you enough for this." Really, she couldn't. Nothing could let him know just how thankful she was. She could say that very statement over and over and it still wouldn't express how thankful she was. She looked at Dante. "I'm ready to leave." She said smiling. 'Finally. Some peace. For a while....'
He could hear Valentine talking to Emberlynn even from where he stood outside. He smiled, Emberlynn seemed like she'd be fine and she seemed happy here, so that was good for everyone. He stood there waiting for Valentine to return, waiting in silence. Dante was actually amazed how well Emberlynn had fitted in here and how well she had adjusted, but its not like he was complaining about it. He thought about how much more difficult it would have been if she actually was ten years old and laughed, that would have been funny. Then he saw Valentine at the door way and smiled.
Michael looked back at Valentine and nodded when she mentioned being thankful for him allowing Emberlynn to stay here. "Don't worry about it." he told her, he seemed to be over everything that had just happened already, which was good. Without anything more to say, Michael turned and headed back inside, he knew Emberlynn was asleep now so he did so quietly. Dante wasn't sure where he was going, probably to eat something or watch some television, maybe even go to sleep himself, he wasn't sure.
So Dante had been wrong, although the final part of their journey hadn't been as difficult as getting Emberlynn, there had still been a fight which he hadn't expected. 'Well you don't expect to fight with someone who everyone thinks is dead.' Dante reminded himself, before finally turning away from the house. Dante also noticed that Michael didn't mention the fact that Dante owed him a favor, maybe he just didn't need his help yet.
Dante looked back at Valentine and nodded, "Well this has been fun, but I guess its time to get back to school." He took her hand and they teleported back to the school. When he opened his eyes again they were back at the school, standing in her dorm, because that was the place he had been able to remember the best out of the whole school, so he had teleported her there.

Bashful Wolf

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

Valentine smiled as they left, but when they had teleported and were back her room, she was dizzy to the point where she wobbled over to her bed and fell on it. "Well I don't think I'll ever get used to that. I'll have to remember not to teleport with you when I lost so much damned blood. I really hate witches now. Well, not all of them. There are still a few I can trust and who won't turn on me." She said with a slight smile. She looked at Dante with a small smile. "Well, you met Emberlynn. I'm not surprised she is the way she is, but I am suprised she's nothing at all like Mirabelle." Then she thought for a moment. "Well her visious need to fight and protect others is more like Mirabelle, but that's the part of her that lived in the earlier times." She sighed and folded her legs on the bed.
She got up and slowly walked to the bathroom and got a rag. She lifted her shirt slightly and started to clean off the dried blood that was there. Then she moved to the blood on her arms and legs. After that was all done she took a pair of shorts and a tank top into the bathroom with her. She closed the door and changed. She looked at her back in the mirror and saw a burn mark. She sighed and put the shirt on and walked out after she had changed. "The witches managed to burn my back. Suprising I didn't feel it though." She walked over to her bed and sat down. The burn was starting to hurt, but with her high tolerance of pain, it didn't hurt so much. If she didn't have a high tolerance, it would have hurt really bad, and she probably would have noticed it earlier.
Once they were back in her dorm Dante was more relaxed then he had been. That was a lot of fighting to do in one day. He shook his head and looked back at Valentine when she mentioned there were witches that she was sure wouldn't turn on her.
"I hope your sure about that." he told her, he didn't want to have to kill anymore witches anytime soon. He was sure that he had killed enough today that killing anymore might just be overkill. He shook his head and went to sit on Valentine's bed with her.
His still wore the same torn clothes, so he was going to need to leave Valentine's dorm and change at some point. At least Mirabelle was dead so he didn't have to worry about her being attacked while he was gone.
"Well Emberlynn wasn't what I expected at all." He smiled. When he had been told that Mirabelle had trained her, he had expected someone more like Mirabelle, demon hating, ready to kill anyone who she didn't like. But she hadn't been like that at all.
When Valentine left to go wash up, he rested on her bed. He hadn't been showing it, but today had been exhausting and now he felt like all the energy had left his body. He hadn't felt like that in such a long time. He heard the door close and knew Valentine must be getting changed. When she returned Dante sat back upright and looked back at her.
"Well lets just hope you heal alright." Dante said, the worry in his voice was there, but he masked it as best he could.

Bashful Wolf

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

Valentine smiled slightly. "I am sure. They're witches who actually try not to kill. Actually, that friend of mine that I had mentioned before was a witch. She called herself and earth witch. I don't know what that means, but I assume that means that she wouldn't kill anything. She told me that she refused to kill anything unless it was to put the person or animal or something out of it's misery, or if the person asked her to kill them. But then she won't kill them if they have something worth living for and if they can be helped." She paused and bit her lip. "I had been in a rough place and I had begged her to kill me. She refused. She said I had something worth living for. And then she told me that in the near future things will start to turn around and things will get better. She said the seed that was planted would come back and the shattered heart would be healed." She shrugged lightly. "I didn't know what she meant. But I guess I do now." She said with a small laugh. "The seed would be Emberlynn, and the healing of a broken heart....well you can figure that one out can't you?" She looked at him with a smile.
Then she laughed and nodded. "I know. I can understand that. I wasn't completely sure how she would be. She reminds me of me, and I guess that's a good thing." She looked down at her hands and thought about how lucky she was that Emberlynn wasn't at all like Mirabelle. She knew she wouldn't have been able to handle that, so she was just happy that Ember was more like her then Mira.
Her hand went to her back. "I hope it does..." She said drifting off. She had heared rumors about a witch's burn. She shook herself. No...She wasn't going to think about that. She remembered that when she looked at it, her back looked horrible. It looked like it actually melted her skin. Parts of it was also scorched. She shuddered, unable to control the shudder.

Hesitant Lunatic

16,475 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image
-Headmistress-
~Kelly~
[Iczer]

"If you even so much as think of hurting one of my kids..."

Gentle hands placed the soft bread down in front of Samantha. Kelly would just smile a bit. "Eat dear... You need to get some food in you. I know you're tired Sam... But please try to eat.... This will do until I can get something with more protein..." Not that just about everything the school served wasn't extra high in those. She had to make sure her students ate right. Now her eyes flickered back to the young dragon. She had a smile on her face. It wasn't as kind as the one she had shown Sam. But it wasn't mean or angry either. It was more of amused annoyance than anything else. "Is that so? Well I can understand those things. But on the matter of clothes, you could have asked for some to be brought to you. Your nervous system took quite a shock from what I hear."
"And as for hunger... Did you honestly think that you would be allowed to starve? It's the same case as the clothes young one. Stop and think next time. You will save yourself efforts when your body should be spending its energy on repairing the damage done to it. You will also save myself and others a bit of worry and time spent looking for you. Did it not occur to you that in your state you would barely even be able to defend yourself if you upset one of your piers. I know the students well enough to know that a good deal of them... Like to pick fights. In your state you are a good target for that. Don't let it happen please. We all have more important things to do. And I would think after this morning you would realize how nasty some of the others can get. Be careful and be a little less rash young one."
It was starting to occur to Kelly that she might be ranting. But it was important that he understand he should think next time. "And as for the ceiling, don't worry. Things happen. All the time. It's a school of teens who are learning control. Accidents will happen no matter what." She hadn't even looked up. She just seemed to know when things like that happened. It also seemed she was done with her lecture. Eyes gone to their normal emerald flickered to the other girl at the table. Kelly didn't immediately recognize her. She just gave the girl an apologetic smile. "Sorry to have interrupted what looked to be such a cozy breakfast. I'm Headmistress Kelly Iczer... But you can call me anything you please... So long as it's not something bad. And you... I've seen you before in my files... One moment." She seemed to snatch a folder out of thin air. It was for all of the newer students, expected to arrive later in the year. In took but a brief moment of flipping through it to find the girls file. "Ah, Danielle. Lovely to meet you."

"I will tear you apart piece by piece without a moments hesitation."

Hesitant Lunatic

16,475 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Melani Harmony Iczer User Image

"Even the stars wouldn't shimmer..."

Lani would just blink a bit, confused as ever. Why was he still blushing? It didn't make much sense to her. She tried to focus on what he said about the other students. She would just nod a bit. She knew what he meant. In fact, she had had to move one of those very students to the other side of the room in one of her classes to prevent such a thing. But try as she might, her mind kept circling back to what was confusing her. She would just try a smile. "Don't worry. Please... I know that no one would ever let anyone hurt you. Especially not me..." OH GOD, why on EARTH had she said that!? THAT WAS SO INAPPROPRIATE! That pale rose petal pink blush on her cheeks had darkened ever so slightly. She could barely remember the last time she had said something like that to a male... The one in question being one she didn't want to think about. There was too much confusion there. Maybe if she didn't think of it it would go away?
She had to get to her feet then. This was all wrong. What teacher liked a student? And she knew that was what it was. Try as she might to run away, her emotions always caught her. Maybe... Maybe she could stay in her world of denail a bit longer? After all... Maybe... Maybe Ailill didn't like her? She had to look around her, better than looking at him. GOD, he was too cute... It wasn't fair... "We should probably find a way out. We can't stay down here forever... Someone will come looking... And I can just imagine what rumors will fly around if someone finds us down here..." Especially if we are together... She thought it, but she didn't say it. If she said it, it would just prove that that kind of thing was on her mind. And she was supposed to be a good example for the students, right? Oh dear... This was all terribly confusing...

"...If they didn't even try~"

Tipsy Mage

Airi smiled at Alphonse again, his laugh was rather cute. She looked at the tree branch a moment before Alphonse had, the crack had been loud so it got her attention and slightly startled her. She saw a dark shape moving away from the tree but did not think anything of it. She did not have any reason to be suspicious that the school and town might attract dangerous creatures. As far as she knew the school was specifically warded against dangerous creatures, so it did not even cross her mind to think of the cracked branch as being caused by anything more then some large animal. The only time she had even ever heard of a darkling was when Al and his sister talked about them on the day she and Azazel had arrived here. They did not describe what they looked like so she wouldn't even know one if she saw it. Alphonse getting super excited over their classmates did not surprise her, he always was like this. "Maybe they will come shopping with us too, it'll be fun." She did not know much about the local sorts of clothes so having more people to pester for opinions on the outfits she came up with to buy would be nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff