Welcome to Gaia! ::

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

that she hates Twilight. lol She had once said in an interview that she has thought of ways to kill off her characters.
    And apologized for the material that she's written.
    I heard this just a couple of days ago, but apparently this has been hanging around for a while?

What are your thoughts on this -- if anybody comes onto this forum anymore?

Here you go if you want to read one article about it.

Trash

I think that's actually kind of sad. /:

Loocid's Queen

Omnipresent Traveler

17,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Turtle Suicide

It's her fault for writing a shitty series, if she was JK Rowling and she said she regretted writing Harry Potter, that would be sad because Harry Potter is legitimately good.

Trash

KSMILES
Turtle Suicide

It's her fault for writing a shitty series, if she was JK Rowling and she said she regretted writing Harry Potter, that would be sad because Harry Potter is legitimately good.
But I mean... nobody should be pressured to apologize for making something if it isn't hurting anyone. The way she received so much s**t for that series was like she defenstrated a baby.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Turtle Suicide

Definitely true.
    Twilight has pretty much been made into the brunt of the genre literary world; especially in YA, though.
    That'll destroy a person's ego pretty much indefinitely, whether they're living in millions of dollars from it or not.

But she kind of picked herself back up with her The Host book.
    Shame she promised her fans two other novels, but never got to it. I think that's what's putting her fans off the most.

Trash

The Carnival of Flowers
Turtle Suicide

Definitely true.
    Twilight has pretty much been made into the brunt of the genre literary world; especially in YA, though.
    That'll destroy a person's ego pretty much indefinitely, whether they're living in millions of dollars from it or not.

Shame she promised her fans two other novels, but never got to it. I think that's what's putting her fans off the most.
Yeah, I heard about The Host. Is it any good? What's it about? o3o

Devoted Divorcee

The Carnival of Flowers

Mega fame and millions of dollars or integrity. I: Hmmm.
          Sadly, it's not all the time writers can have both.
          I don't feel sorry for her at all. First step is admitting you ******** up.
          Things can only get better for her from here.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Turtle Suicide
The Carnival of Flowers
Turtle Suicide

Definitely true.

Yeah, I heard about The Host. Is it any good? What's it about? o3o

All I remember is that it's about an alien apocalypse, but it's like the aliens are some kind of soul-things and they've possessed people and it's like the only thing that tells them apart from other human beings is that their eyes have some kind of silver ring around the pupils. The aliens arrive on the planet but make it better, they just take over humanity in the process. One of the characters (I think her name was Melanie or something?) had been a survivor until she was possessed and she lives with the voice/spirit of that alien in her head, so she can basically hear the alien talking to her or something. Or maybe it's like Melanie is the voice that the alien keeps hearing because Melanie is still holding on to her body even though it's been possessed? All I know is that Melanie/Wanderer had lived in some desert, underground refuge where apparently the last of humanity has been huddled out, hiding from the alien attacks.

When I read it around the time I was fourteen or something, I thought it was actually really, really good. The ending made me cry and I cared about Melanie/Wanderer's problem.

So, yeah.
Stephanie succeeded big time with that one, in my opinion. It proved, even though she had the weight of Twilight on her shoulders and all the negative criticism, she could still make a story with an interesting premise and nice characters. I think that The Host is a movie, and has been for a while, but I don't recommend it; just read the book. xD It's a real shame that she's not continuing it; I would've loved to get my hands on the other two books. But I guess because of the backlash that she received from Twilight, she's afraid that her new series might go down the same path.

Trash

The Carnival of Flowers

All I remember is that it's about an alien apocalypse, but it's like the aliens are some kind of soul-things and they've possessed people and it's like the only thing that tells them apart from other human beings is that their eyes have some kind of silver ring around the pupils. The aliens arrive on the planet but make it better, they just take over humanity in the process. One of the characters (I think her name was Melanie or something?) had been a survivor until she was possessed and she lives with the voice/spirit of that alien in her head, so she can basically hear the alien talking to her or something. Or maybe it's like Melanie is the voice that the alien keeps hearing because Melanie is still holding on to her body even though it's been possessed? All I know is that Melanie/Wanderer had lived in some desert, underground refuge where apparently the last of humanity has been huddled out, hiding from the alien attacks.

When I read it around the time I was fourteen or something, I thought it was actually really, really good. The ending made me cry and I cared about Melanie/Wanderer's problem.

So, yeah.
Stephanie succeeded big time with that one, in my opinion. It proved, even though she had the weight of Twilight on her shoulders and all the negative criticism, she could still make a story with an interesting premise and nice characters. I think that The Host is a movie, and has been for a while, but I don't recommend it; just read the book. xD It's a real shame that she's not continuing it; I would've loved to get my hands on the other two books. But I guess because of the backlash that she received from Twilight, she's afraid that her new series might go down the same path.

Ah, I see. I knew it was about aliens and junk and I've seen the trailer for the movie. I like some sci-fi alien stories. But I don't see why people would hate another of her series just because it got popular. That's what you aim for as a writer.

Also, where do you get all of your pretty pictures and gifs? You always have the nicest signature. emotion_kirakira

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Turtle Suicide

Ah, I see. I knew it was about aliens and junk and I've seen the trailer for the movie. I like some sci-fi alien stories. But I don't see why people would hate another of her series just because it got popular. That's what you aim for as a writer.

Also, where do you get all of your pretty pictures and gifs? You always have the nicest signature. emotion_kirakira

If you like sci-fi alien movies, you should also check out The 5th Wave and The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancy. I read The 5th Wave once before, and it was pretty good. Haven't gotten my hands on TIS because it doesn't seem to have been released into my libraries yet. :c

Thank you~!
    We Heart It is where I get most of the images for my sig. c:
I'm might have some faith in humanity again... but then again... There are been so much doxxing happening on tumblr... for the stupidest reasons.

faith in humanity: -124

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Umm...I just have one question.

If Meyer feels bad about creating Twilight and wants nothing to do with it anymore, then can someone please explain this?

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Lukan Wolf

If Meyer feels bad about creating Twilight and wants nothing to do with it anymore, then can someone please explain this?

Good question. lol I found out about that just a day after making this thread, tbh.

I honestly don't know what to make of that.

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Carnival of Flowers
Lukan Wolf

Good question. lol I found out about that just a day after making this thread, tbh.

I honestly don't know what to make of that.

Well...I think Meyer might have been BSing about regretting making Twilight to get the antis/haters on her side or something. I mean, from what I know of her, she seems like a pompous jerk.

I wouldn't be too surprised if she just does things like that to get attention, like some some greedy person who wants to stay in the limelight for as long as she can.
She's probably fake it for attentions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces