Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
to tell you the truth harry potter rules because its not only about vampires and wolves its about wizards vampires wolves goblins and a lot more thats why its better exclaim heart
purpleboo13
to tell you the truth harry potter rules because its not only about vampires and wolves its about wizards vampires wolves goblins and a lot more thats why its better exclaim heart
Twilight isn't about vampires and werewolves. It has those two in it but it's not about them.
I just realized something,
Harry Potter is about a group of 3 friends fighting together to end racism.
Twilight is about a girl, who has a boyfriend.
Sora chooses:
Harry Potter you retarded Twilight dumb***es!
this is the dumbest, most pointless forum ever!! theres no contest!! HARRY POTTER ALL THE WAY!!
VAMPgurl67
this is the dumbest, most pointless forum ever!! theres no contest!! HARRY POTTER ALL THE WAY!!
This is a THREAD inside of a SUB FORUM. Have you ever heard of "To each their own"? Some likes Harry Potter some likes the Twilight series. Just because you like Harry Potter doesn't mean that everyone else does.
MR.BEAN lol
If you haven't actually read either books, then you shouldn't make rude comments.
The authors of both books worked really hard to please you people, and all you say is 'this is garbage!' if you don't have anything nice to say about the two series, then shut your mouth.
I haven't read Harry Potter nor have I seen any of the movies(besides the first and second one)
You dont see me making hurtful remarks about either.
I have read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse, and I think the series is beautifully written and really captures the emotion of the characters. You guys disgust me saying mean things about both series'. Its your opinion wether you think the books/movies are awful or great, and I'd like to see some of you write 4 or 8, 500 page novels. I think this whole "debate" over Twilight v. Harry Potter is absurd.
PandaSorrow
The authors of both books worked really hard to please you people, and all you say is 'this is garbage!'

An author doesn't work to please their audience.
If the audience is pleased, well wonderful. But the story comes first. Or at least it should.

And it doesn't matter how 'hard' someone works on something. You can work really hard to push out a nice big steaming duce, doesn't mean it's not still a pile of s**t.

Quote:
if you don't have anything nice to say about the two series, then shut your mouth.

... Why? Why should we not criticize something that we think is bad? It's not like we're going up to a five year old and telling them their drawing of a puppy sucks before setting it on fire. These are adult women who published their work, throwing it out into the world and knowing that they would be subjected to harsh criticism when they did.

Quote:
I haven't read Harry Potter nor have I seen any of the movies(besides the first and second one)

Snaps for you.
Other people are not so reserved about sharing their opinions.

Quote:
You guys disgust me saying mean things about both series'.

You are easily disgusted.
If people being 'mean' on the internet gets you pissed off, what do child brothels in Asia do to you?

Quote:
Its your opinion wether you think the books/movies are awful or great,

Exactly. And we're entirely within our power to share those opinions.

Quote:
and I'd like to see some of you write 4 or 8, 500 page novels.

Here's the thing.
You don't need to be a best-selling author to critique a best-selling author. You don't need to be a chef to tell if milk is sour, you don't need to be a botanist to tell someone's lawn is dead.
This whole "I'd like to see you do it!" mock argument is just a diversion trying to sidetrack the conversation.

And, point of interest, Stephen King has said that Meyer's writing is not very good. He's written what, fifty best sellers?

Quote:
I think this whole "debate" over Twilight v. Harry Potter is absurd.

Then do not take part.

Shy Sweetheart

I don't see why people keep comparing
Harry Potter to Twilight....

But I'll say Twilight all the way. 3nodding
(But the books do have A LOT of description o-o...)
Maeyru
I don't see why people keep comparing
Harry Potter to Twilight....

But I'll say Twilight all the way. 3nodding
(But the books do have A LOT of description o-o...)

Harry Potter's got plenty of description too.
And most of the time, when Rowling puts description into something it's because it's important in that moment, or it will be important in the future. Then, once it's described, she doesn't spend a lot of time re-describing it every time it comes up again.
Meyer spends a lot of time describing Edward and the fact that it rains a lot in Forks over and over.
inspirecreate333
burning_eyes talk2hand who could posibly like twilight...like seriosly who ever likes it is an emo desperet for fun

twight is hot girl step back ok
im not hatin im just sayin
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cast+of+new+moon&FORM=BIFD
GO HERE AND SEE MY FAV CAST
(STARTS WITH A T) heart
PandaSorrow
If you haven't actually read either books, then you shouldn't make rude comments.
The authors of both books worked really hard to please you people, and all you say is 'this is garbage!' if you don't have anything nice to say about the two series, then shut your mouth.
I have read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse, and I think the series is beautifully written and really captures the emotion of the characters. You guys disgust me saying mean things about both series'. Its your opinion wether you think the books/movies are awful or great, and I'd like to see some of you write 4 or 8, 500 page novels. I think this whole "debate" over Twilight v. Harry Potter is absurd.

Cry me a river.

I'd say a few things but Unofficial Leah C has said everything for me. <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas