Welcome to Gaia! ::

dynastylord01
Haven't played in ages. I would love to get back into it but the game has changed so much. I use a Crystal beast deck, which works surprisingly well. I loved the game before the whole Tuner and Synchro monster changes. I've been to a number of regionals and tournaments, and have taught kids how to play and usually gave deck advice. With the closing of our only local tournament store, I just don't foresee me driving 3 hrs. for a tournament I might not care for anymore.

Tuners an synchros are really the death of me, I agree.
When someone can bring out 12 monsters in a turn and then synchro to have this giant monster thing, it's just ridiculous.
CHAOTIC INTRICACY
Seems like a decent thread to poke around in o3o
My main is a Crystal Beast/ (1 Rainbow D. / 1 Dark Rainbow D. / 2 Hamon)
but I also run a Dragunity deck (Scrap Dragon)
and a Dandilion OTK (Synchro Trump Cards)

I can help anyone with Deckbuilding if they post up a
decklist of what they already have in it.

Oh Nice (: I love playing crystal beasts with my Heroes. (: Haha.
I played one at a tournament and it twas kind of the best thing ever. biggrin

O.G. Gaian

5,625 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Ojamagic
dynastylord01
Haven't played in ages. I would love to get back into it but the game has changed so much. I use a Crystal beast deck, which works surprisingly well. I loved the game before the whole Tuner and Synchro monster changes. I've been to a number of regionals and tournaments, and have taught kids how to play and usually gave deck advice. With the closing of our only local tournament store, I just don't foresee me driving 3 hrs. for a tournament I might not care for anymore.

When someone can bring out 12 monsters in a turn and then synchro to have this giant monster thing, it's just ridiculous.

@Dynastylord01 :: Crystal Beast is one of the
most competitive non-synchro decks out there.
I can easily run 8/1/0 in most of the local Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments
with a basic Rainbow Dragon build.
In really competitive tournaments I have to exchange a few cards
to accommodate Hamon and Dark Rainbow as beaters.

@Ojamagic:: Really, only the best Synchro decks are capable of that.
My Dandilion OTK can, and a Frog deck that belongs to my friend can, too.
I've only ever seen five people get an OTK worth of Synchro's out in the second turn,
including my self.

ALL OF THEM USE BRIONAC

You know what's really insane? A !@#$O(U(&^#$()^#$*&#^($^**$&^(#*&^#(&^$( Nordic Deck
I've heard of Yubel... Seems to be pretty great! One theme I do like is Zombie Madness, with the Vampire cards and Despair from the Dark... Thanks for the tip, as well!
CHAOTIC INTRICACY
Ojamagic
dynastylord01

@Dynastylord01 :: Crystal Beast is one of the
most competitive non-synchro decks out there.
I can easily run 8/1/0 in most of the local Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments
with a basic Rainbow Dragon build.
In really competitive tournaments I have to exchange a few cards
to accommodate Hamon and Dark Rainbow as beaters.

@Ojamagic:: Really, only the best Synchro decks are capable of that.
My Dandilion OTK can, and a Frog deck that belongs to my friend can, too.
I've only ever seen five people get an OTK worth of Synchro's out in the second turn,
including my self.

ALL OF THEM USE BRIONAC

You know what's really insane? A !@#$O(U(&^#$()^#$*&#^($^**$&^(#*&^#(&^$( Nordic Deck

Yeah well, people only use the best synchro decks at competitions anymore. Quite frankly, it's terribly boring.

Lol. Nordic decks are pretty terrifying if they are used right. Some kid at my first tournament pretty much made his monster invincible.... it was kind of the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with. neutral
i just love it

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
I don't play but I'm attempting to sell my cards. I found out I have a lot of cards worth some small cash, like $1-10. I used to play and it was the best TCG to me because it was so easy to pick up and play.
I started to play it when it was fresh and new. I stopped for a few years after I had moved and couldn't find any locals. I started up again last year from pure boredom and attempted to adapt to the big changes with synchros and such. Took another break but I'm looking to get back into it yet again. Haven't searched for local tournaments by my apartment yet but I'm just hoping I'll find some. The deck I work on mainly is a Gemini deck. I suppose its unpredictable and it catches people off guard. Not to mention its actually pretty fun to play. :3

Desirable Receiver

I haven't played in ages. But I would love to play over this forum!
Anyone interested?
I just got back into it like a week ago. I. Right now i'm running a dragunity deck <3. I bought the structure deck, and a few days i gotThis. After pulling loki, my plan is to somehow build an aesir deck with all three gods. (Thor, odin, loki). I want to duel in a tourny, but i'm afraid that my deck isn't up to par..... ohh well. new starter deck's out!
auramaker
i also have a gravekeeper deck though im thinking of ditching it cuz they suck now. also have a machina deck (first deck i ever made) anybody know a good deck to make besides Lightsworn, 6 sam, X-Sabers, frog, dragon, spellcaster? was thinking of makin a toon or dark world deck something unique and old school

dragunity structure deck + light and darkness dragon
That is all i have to say about that.
Dinoberries
auramaker
i also have a gravekeeper deck though im thinking of ditching it cuz they suck now. also have a machina deck (first deck i ever made) anybody know a good deck to make besides Lightsworn, 6 sam, X-Sabers, frog, dragon, spellcaster? was thinking of makin a toon or dark world deck something unique and old school

dragunity structure deck + light and darkness dragon
That is all i have to say about that.

^ arma leyvaten + Light darkness dragon = infinate loop

Raider

I didn't play too much. I was more into collecting them. I think I only ever finished the Pharaonic Guardian and Soul of the Duelist sets. Maybe Pharaoh's Servant, too. It's been a few years since I broke out the folders last. It got to be too expensive to keep up with, so I quit.

I had a bug deck I was trying out and improving. I only ever had one opponent. I'm sure since GX and 5Ds things have changed drastically and my ancient cards wouldn't fit in anymore.
i usually play with anything. so long as i have an obelisk card. normally paired off with a mummy regeneration deck
Kabuki Kyoshiro
I didn't play too much. I was more into collecting them. I think I only ever finished the Pharaonic Guardian and Soul of the Duelist sets. Maybe Pharaoh's Servant, too. It's been a few years since I broke out the folders last. It got to be too expensive to keep up with, so I quit.

I had a bug deck I was trying out and improving. I only ever had one opponent. I'm sure since GX and 5Ds things have changed drastically and my ancient cards wouldn't fit in anymore.

sometimes ancient cards are actually helpfull. Since their so old, a lot of people won't play them, and won't expect them to be played. like waboku. i hate that card.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff