Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Gekko

So I just got my first BJD (Doll Leaves Gabriel - Large Bust) in June and totally love her!
Although I still have a lot to work on her (character, face-ups, etc.), I'm interested in purchasing a new BJD. ^w^
I'm really in love with Doll Leaves, but I'm still looking at other companies...

Does anyone have a company they would recommend?
(I'm also thinking about getting a Yo-SD instead of another MSD, but I might change my mind...)

Desirable Gekko

User ImageFREAKING WHALE BUMP.

Desirable Gekko

Desirable Gekko

Desirable Gekko

Desirable Gekko

Desirable Gekko

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Luts.
I'm a luts freak.

Just so ya know, We have an active BJD thread here in this subforum. :3 called the BJD discussion. FEel free to join in~

Rainbow Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The Junky Spot has a good selection of different brands of BJD. I'm thinking about going with the Bobobie brand myself.
Of the companies I have ordered from, I like Fairyland the best. They don't have a very large selection at all and their dolls are very expensive. But they put a soft sheen of glitter on their faces and they pose like a dream! Here are others I have purchased:

Dollmore - My first and favorite doll is from Dollmore. He has such a beautiful face. But I can't pose him at all. My wife has restrung him for me about 5 times and she wired him, and he can only do two things: flop because he's too loose or slap himself because he's too tight. There's no happy medium. She got a female doll from Dollmore and doesn't have these problems, but my poor boy is a mess. Dollmore has the largest selection of clothing I've ever seen though, and they also work well for my Ringdoll dolls.

Ringdoll - I have bought two dolls from Ringdoll: Sol and Frankenstein. Their dolls are gorgeous but their craftsmanship is sloppy. Both dolls I ordered are all scraped up and powdery. They have resin crystals in their feet, like sand between their toes. And their heads are freakishly small; they are 1/3 dolls but they need size 7/8 wigs. I wasted a lot of money buying 8/9 size wigs that ended up being way, way too huge on them. They have pretty much no clothing selections, but fortunately Dollmore clothes fit them like they were made for them. They seem to be strung stiffly but they stand well even if their arms don't pose that great.

Iple House - The one doll I bought from them looks nothing like his picture. I purchased a 'natural skin' color and while I expected it to be peach or pink, he actually looks black. He's an Asian doll and I wanted him to look Korean, but he looks Filipino. They blushed his cheeks and chin IN ORANGE and I had to remove half his faceup because it looked atrocious. He's extremely heavy and bulky and their dolls in general are terrible to pose. My wife has one too and if you try to make them sit, their pants bust open! They're very pretty and expensive dolls but notoriously you can't do a thing with them.

I hope that was helpful..

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

Dream of Doll, Souldoll and Crobidoll. = w=

Dapper Dabbler

I second Luts! And Dollmore!

And can I jump in with Fairyland, who designed the original Delf sculpts for Luts under the name CP, before branching out on their own? Admittedly, their dolls are on the more expensive side in comparison to companies like Doll Leaves and Bobobie, but if you want some amazing posers in a variety of sizes (from 70cm all the way down to 11cm), you'll be hard-pressed to find anything better. 3nodding

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I agree with Fairyland :33, their posing is really just spectacular and I think they have some great sculpts!
I'm really in love with Doll-zone and Doll Chateau right now. They have some really bizarre and unique sculpts. Fairyland Minifee Active line is pretty fantastic however. smile
My first (and currently only) was (is) Delilah Noir. I like her, but I don't like not knowing how to restring her. crying I all ready "broke" her once because the stringing in the leg came loose. Her face sculpt was just so cute that I couldn't resist her! heart

But right now, I'm bouncing back and forth between getting a resin boy and a vinyl boy. I'm leaning towards a Goodreau Upside Down OZ doll because they are inexpensive (I could buy one with my first pay check at my new job) or a Dream of Doll Child or Volks MSD since they seem to be good quality (but I'd have to save up for a few months). I know vinyl stains easily, especially pale vinyl, so I know a resin doll might be able to withstand my passion for darker (and red) wigs and clothes a bit better.

At the same time, I kind of want to look around a bit more to see if I can find a resin doll that's in scale with Delilah. I mean, he doesn't have to have 10mm eyes, but I'd prefer him to not be too childish-looking. Though if I end up getting frustrated with Delilah again, I might start saving for a Hujoo Action doll (and put my boy on the back burner).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff