Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Duck

"Do any of you own anime merchandise?
    What kind of items do you like to collect? From what anime series?
    Where do you buy your goodies at?
    " emotion_kirakira

Heh, I never tried collecting them before, but I've always been interested even if some people find it pointless. o w o I don't even think I have any anime items. emotion_8c

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I've wound up with everything from figures (scale and non-scale), pins and jewelry, posters and wallscrolls, artbooks, plushies, keychains, pencilboards and clear files, stickers, cups/mugs, postcards, shirts/hoodies, hats, patches, soundtracks, and so on. I even have the promotional tarot card set for Escaflowne (which sadly remains an unusable collectable since it's not even the full major arcana just most of the major arcana with a couple suit cards, but I'm pondering working out a way to combine that with my clow card set to use for cartomancy that way).

I just like collecting stuff related to stuff I enjoy. I think I got it from my mom, she was a huge geek herself and often collected things related to stuff she loved.

I've gotten stuff everywhere from RightStuf, Amazon, Ebay, conventions, and some from friends and local places (there use to be an anime/indie comic store in driving distance and when we still had a Waldenbooks and a Sam Goody they had some merch too, and then I've occasionally hit Hot Topic for some things, and then got a few items from the nearest FYE). I've also lucked out at a local secondhand store that focuses on CDs, DVDs, and video games and gotten some stuff there which included any of the collectables that came with it before (yay for LE releases!).

Questionable Conversationalist

Jesus christ my room is literally stuffed to the brim with merch.
I mostly collect figures (preferably scales and prize figures and now some figma and figurats), trading figures and nendo petits (no nendoroids), and rubber straps or charm merchandise. I'm also into clear files and post cards.

My pics of my collection are all outdated but you can look at my MFC page to see my official stuff.
I try to get at least something from each series I really like, luckily most shows at least get a rubber strap or something these days. I go hardcore to collect Gundam Seed merch for my Waifu #2 Lacus Clyne, and I'm pretty loose with my money when it comes to Makoto Tachibana stuff from Free! (I bought freaking bandaids with him on them...send help). In general I'm just a trash dragon building my hoard.

I get 95% of my stuff from AmiAmi.
Mandarake is also great if you know how to look for things and can be patient, Hobby Search is okay, CD Japan gets good deals, Crunchy Roll can be really convenient with their deals of the day, Anime-Island sometimes gets good deals, HLJ is kinda meh to me now but it can be good, Big in Japan can be useful and they also offer a forwarding/proxy service but their customer service leaves a lot to be lacking. Nippon Yassan is really only good for exclusives but they're also s**t at customer service, they've sent people bootlegs, and they've cancelled peoples' orders only to relist the item from their order for a higher price. Tokyo Otaku Mode is also pretty okay but they only ship EMS pretty much so if you're not spending $100 USD for the free shipping you've got to decide if EMS is worth the thing you want. Also they are slow to ship - I waited several days after payment before I ever even saw that it'd shipped and they didn't alert me either - there was the storm stuff going on in the North East though so I can't judge the shipment time too much.

Generous Fatcat

24,325 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Lately, I have been buying character key chains with my anime/manga orders. I have 7 different key chains so far. I usually get my stuff from Robert's Anime Corner.

http://www.animecornerstore.com

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
I buy all my anime merchandise from either the anime store that's about a 15 drive from my house or, if they don't have what I'm looking for, from Amazon so that I can get things from super far away.
I have far too much merchandise to list individually, so I'll just give you categories:
Shirts, plushies, manga, DvDs, keychains, figurines, posters, hats, a wallet and purse, necklaces, bracelets, rings, and toys. And one Sailor Jupiter body pillow because I can.
I have a few different things that pertain to anime.
I seem to gravitate towards buying plushies and key chains, though.

I do have a bobble head of Kyo from Fruits Basket too.

yum_puddi

Magical Star

Sometimes I'll buy a shirt with an anime I like on it.

Golden Spark

I only buy figurines of muh waifu from IM@S, because that's all I could afford.

Maybe I should buy some anime posters to hang up on my wall as well.
I have a few little anime figs & rubber straps ( Nendo Petit, Charaland) and some pins (that all broke lol). I also have two wall scrolls, one PMM and one Persona 4.

I usually buy stuff at comic book stores and this one anime store in the city. Ive also gotten stuff from Comic con emotion_c8

I hope to buy a full figure one day emotion_kirakira they sure are expensive though

Supreme Loiterer

I've accumulated a lot of things over the years lol. I have some figures, tons of DVDs, plushies, keychains, artbooks, etc. I get most of my things on amazon and ebay.

Greedy Duck

Mugetsu Ookamiza

Oh wow! So many things emotion_jawdrop
That would be interesting to use clow cards like that! :3

Do you usually collect from a certain anime or just whatever you feel like or...?

Ahhh! I wish there were some stores around here that sells anime goodies (besides Hot Topic) even if it's secondhand.. LE releases? question

Milady Alluca

I didn't know there are so many types of figurines!
I thought they were all the same (ignorant of these things, sorry ;_; )
Are nendo petits/nendoroids the same as figurines?

Omg! 500+ items! Where do you hold all of these?! emotion_jawdrop
I see rubber straps everywhere in the anime online stores~ Ohoh, a Makoto fanatic!

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Aside from DVD/BDs of my favorite animes, the only real piece of merch I have right now is a Team Gurren messenger bag.

I needed a new bag for college >_>

Questionable Conversationalist

Intemi
I didn't know there are so many types of figurines!
I thought they were all the same (ignorant of these things, sorry ;_; )
Are nendo petits/nendoroids the same as figurines?

Omg! 500+ items! Where do you hold all of these?! emotion_jawdrop
I see rubber straps everywhere in the anime online stores~ Ohoh, a Makoto fanatic!
Haha it's fine, I wasn't aware of different figure types and their quality tiers myself until I joined MFC and got into collecting.
Nendoroids and Petits are figures yup, just that nendos are larger than petits and have a couple points of articulation and accessories like extra faceplates and arms (and cost around 3000 - 4000 JPY for normal releases these days) . Petits are smaller, usually costing around 700 - 900 JPY around release though you have to usually buy them in a set, and might have arms that move up and down but are otherwise static.

Ahaaa, I've got a display cabinet to hold most of my figures, my straps and charms go on a corkboard, and I have a lot of my trading figures tucked in boxes since there's no room with my prize and scale figures in the display :'D
Rubber straps are the worst thing to get into EVER I hate them because I love them so much...
Jeebus crispness Makoto is my life. I have his scale, his koedarize, his petit chara land, a coaster, tin boxes, post cards, clearfiles, pencil case, Pic-Lil straps, pinched strap...and on PO his figma, the media factory figure set, the Taito prize, wall stickers, and even loose-leaf note paper with him on it...I'm not the type to usually want a character pillow case but for Makoto...I'd want one...

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I have way too much merchandise. All things considered, I've collected at least 10,000 dollars worth in the last ten years. I've got a ton of DVDs, manga, keychains, light novels, and so many figures/gashapons/statues that just sit on my many shelves doing nothing but collecting dust. It's an addiction for me, and frankly, drugs would be cheaper.

Indulgent Hunter

2,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I don't really buy anime DVDs (though I'm planning on making an exception for two of my faves), but I do collect art books and manga. Although it may not seem like I have that many because of how many are omnibuses, in total I have around 161 volumes of manga (which isn't that much, but decent considering I only tend to get things at christmas and my birthday), and about 9 art books. I also have four light novels.
I usually purchase them from amazon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces