Welcome to Gaia! ::

Humping Unicorn's Husband

Sparkly Ladykiller

First 17 year old female 5'7. Starting weight 270, currently 250.

I started a diet less then a month ago, and so far have lost just about 20 pounds. Note that I am on the bigger side so smaller people will not lose as fast as I did.

How I did it? Dieting. Eating healthy and counting my calories. There is no big secret, no pills, no plans. I did not even exercise. Before I started my diet I was eating 2500 calories+ a day. Now I eat just around 800-1200 calories a day. Now you may say that's unhealthy! Or I would be starving. But trust me, the right foods you will be stuffed like, salads or sandwiches, tacos, and lots of different type of soups. Also drink LOTS OF WATER! No sodas, you want to make sure you flush out your system from bad foods. And no salts! That will retain water and make you bloated.

But the biggest thing that helped me stay on track and lose weight is this app/website Loseit. It's a calorie counting website and it works really well. Just remember to be honest with your self! For motivation when I felt like giving up I would go to r/loseit. This website has a bunch of success stories and what motivated me in the first place.

Hope this helped/motivated any one! Also any questions I will be happy to answer! PM's are welcomed too.

TLDR- COUNT YOUR CALORIES!

Anxious Sweetheart

your weight loss is definitely really inspiring! i'm really proud of you making a change that you wanted to have in your life - it's definitely paying off.

i will say though that it's really dangerous to lose that much weight in a month, or to eat that little, even though it's worked for you. it's really hard for the body to run properly on less than 1200-1500 cal, fullness aside, not to mention that it's really easy when you cut back to 800 calories to cut back to 700 to 500 to 200, especially when your brain isn't getting enough fuel. (and i do mean that last bit with a general you bc it really seems like you've made some super positive lifestyle changes, like logging your food and drinking water.)

anyway sorry to butt my nose all the way in. ._.

Tipsy Gaian

you should really eat 1200-1500 a day if you want to lose weight and keep it off. yeah, it may take longer to lose the weight, but at least it will stay off.

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I have a binging problem so it's hard for me to stick to a diet. Which really does suck a bunch. Also, most of the meds I'm on go have caused me to gain weight and stabilize it. I recently went down on the dosage and I lost 20 pounds right off the bat. Sad things is, I already gained half of it back.

Clean Shopper

hi my name is tawnie I am 23 and I have a problem eating alot I started not to drink the soda because there is too much caffeine and plus what should do about my weight I weigh 186.5 and I am overweight if someone could help me I am only 5'2 and I am short for my age and it sucks for me eventually I tried everything for my body and nothing works 4laugh
Oh dear, thank you so much for posting. This is not only motivating; that Lose it! app looks very helpful! 4laugh Maybe I will be able to fit into a nice dress before the next big anime con in my city.

Loyal Hunter

Monqueys
First 17 year old female 5'7. Starting weight 270, currently 250.

I started a diet less then a month ago, and so far have lost just about 20 pounds. Note that I am on the bigger side so smaller people will not lose as fast as I did.

How I did it? Dieting. Eating healthy and counting my calories. There is no big secret, no pills, no plans. I did not even exercise. Before I started my diet I was eating 2500 calories+ a day. Now I eat just around 800-1200 calories a day. Now you may say that's unhealthy! Or I would be starving. But trust me, the right foods you will be stuffed like, salads or sandwiches, tacos, and lots of different type of soups. Also drink LOTS OF WATER! No sodas, you want to make sure you flush out your system from bad foods. And no salts! That will retain water and make you bloated.

But the biggest thing that helped me stay on track and lose weight is this app/website Loseit. It's a calorie counting website and it works really well. Just remember to be honest with your self! For motivation when I felt like giving up I would go to r/loseit. This website has a bunch of success stories and what motivated me in the first place.

Hope this helped/motivated any one! Also any questions I will be happy to answer! PM's are welcomed too.

TLDR- COUNT YOUR CALORIES!
counting your calories is right but only eating about 800 a day? THat's dangerous. I have trouble losing weight and I've done research on what's the least amount of calories you can eat and still function is 1200. It's inspiring but at the same time. 20 pounds in one month is a little dangerous unless you just have a fast metabolism.

Dapper Genius

Someone your height and weight should be eating about 1600 - 1900 a day if you want to lose weight solely by food reduction. Eating less than 1200 a day is incredibly dangerous and will only harm you in the long run. Also, as soon as you start eating normally again, you're going to gain some, if not all, of that weight back. I know it might taste sweet losing that much weight at once, but it's not going to stay off. It's not good for your body. Eat more and you'll be fine. The weight will come off, but it'll be slower. If you want to lose more weight more quickly, exercise. Start exercising as little as three times a week and you'll still lose a good amount of weight.

Seriously, people. DO NOT try to eat less than 1200 calories a day. There are tons of websites out there to suggest how many calories you should eat. I would highly suggest caloriecount.about.com. They have a great community, it's free, and it gives you suggestions for how much to eat based on your weight, height, and goals.
sakura_blossom145
counting your calories is right but only eating about 800 a day? THat's dangerous. I have trouble losing weight and I've done research on what's the least amount of calories you can eat and still function is 1200. It's inspiring but at the same time. 20 pounds in one month is a little dangerous unless you just have a fast metabolism.
Seeing as the OP is on the heavy side, she's got more than enough bodyfat for ketosis to make up for her caloric deficit. There are people who have gone 2-3 months (sometimes longer) with 0 calories under a professional's supervision because of this.

There's a lot at play, of course, but we as a species are more than capable of going a few days without food at all. In fact, I believe studies show that your metabolism will even increase during the first so couple of days (by about 10-15%, I think it was) until it tapers down again.

As for metabolism, overweight people tend to have a "faster" metabolism than their skinnier folk. Why? Because a bigger body needs to have more energy to have it moving. Just to breathe, pump blood, and even to digest food, takes energy. A metabolism is just the body's chemical processes that it does, from creating hormones to running for your life. The amount of calories you burn exercising is likely only to be a fraction of what you consume unless you're a professional athlete.

I lost 50 in 2-3 months quite easily (Weighed in at about ~340, ended up in the 280-290 range). Wth more mass, comes more water weight. To get an idea on it, I went almost 40 hours without drinking or eating anything (uncomfortable, yes, but manageable, but I figured it was a safe amount of time). I went to the bathroom, a lot. I checked my weight before bed the one night, and checked it again prior to drinking water. I lost about 7-10 lbs in those two days.

Just something to keep in mind. (Note that all of this is just from my own experimentation and research.)

Premium Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Okay.
A. Every one should leave her alone. For major weight loss some people are put on 700 calorie/day weight loss regime by NUTRITIONISTS.
B. It's working for her and she said she feels stuffed, I mean if she was starving herself that's different!
C. Congrats to you, I'm currently go onto a specific calorie/day "diet" due to I just hate feeling so grubby all the time. Last year I was on a 1000- 1200 calorie "diet" for about a week - two weeks and was eating salads for lunch everyday and I felt super good but then the cravings for sweets stopped me and I just was to be in a healthy weight area.

Beloved Informer

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Whisper Louder
Okay.
A. Every one should leave her alone. For major weight loss some people are put on 700 calorie/day weight loss regime by NUTRITIONISTS.
B. It's working for her and she said she feels stuffed, I mean if she was starving herself that's different!
C. Congrats to you, I'm currently go onto a specific calorie/day "diet" due to I just hate feeling so grubby all the time. Last year I was on a 1000- 1200 calorie "diet" for about a week - two weeks and was eating salads for lunch everyday and I felt super good but then the cravings for sweets stopped me and I just was to be in a healthy weight area.

My face when our signatures....

Conservative Browser

If anyone is interested I actually just started a profile on Lose It! and I was wondering if anyone wanted to add me as a buddy xp

Whisper Louder
Okay.

Just because they're "professionals" doesn't mean they're always right. You should see all the fun devices they used to hook up to crazy little people like me.

Just sayin'

Doting Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Marathon 300
That sounds like it's such a low-calorie intake! But then again, my doctor told me about this dietitian that she wants me to go to. Basically, the dietitian wants me to do a similar thing, and I kind of freaked out about it. Basically a 1000-1200 calorie diet with intense exercise. So seeing it work for you while you're still feeling full doing it makes me more confident in this idea. Thank-you so much for sharing, and I wish you good luck on your journey losing weight. biggrin

Premium Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
BeIoved
Whisper Louder
Okay.

My face when our signatures....

I know right. That's one of my favorite movies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff