Welcome to Gaia! ::

every day to loose weight and to stay on a diet? like sometimes I will start a diet and start exercising then....I notice nothing changes very much and I get discouraged and complety stop like after awhile. What keeps everyone here motivated to stay and keep at it?

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
Being able to play and run around with my younger neices and nephews keeps me motived and being able to not being winded for awhile helps too. I don't really have a diet per say, I just eat low fat foods with some proteins to stay healthy food wise.

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Mewling Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Having a buddy doing it with you. A positive environment such as friends who are also working out, dieting, etc. My biggest problem is my diet and while my family is supportive of me, they also still buy loads of junk food which is hard to avoid.

If you have a smartphone I suggest getting fit trackers to help see your daily progress and such. It can be tedious keeping up with inputting information but seeing your results definitely helps. For me personally I use MyFitnessPal and Runkeeper. Another one is Fitocracy. I also tend to upload screenshots from my Runkeeper app to instagram and seeing my friends like my post and tell me how proud they are really boosts my confidence.
      i have the same problem as op and the same issue as kaitsu.

i really want to stay motivated but i was brought up to be kind of lazy, so i don't really
      enjoy doing exercises. a lot of the time i will tell myself to get up and do it and just as
      i'm about to accomplish the task, my mind tells me never mind, just sit back down
      and stay out. then i tell myself that's why i never lose weight. if anyone here would
      like to be friends and help motivate each other, let me know. ♥ i really need help. i don't
      want to gain all the weight i worked so hard to lose!

Omnipresent Hunter

I don't diet per se, I just reduce my portion sizes and drink a lot of water and green tea. Every time I want to snack on something unhealthy, I eat a Cranberry. For some reason they curb my cravings.
As for exercise, I've been doing Martial Arts for 16 years and that's all I need. I'd recommend you find some kind of exercise or physical activity you enjoy, and do a lot of it.

Conservative Explorer

The best way to keep yourself motivated is to remember losing weight/getting fit takes dedication and patience. Just because you're not seeing immediate results doesn't mean your body isn't working. Another way is to visualize what you want your body to look like. When you don't feel like working out or you're craving bad food, just remind yourself 'Is this going to help me get my dream body?'
Also give yourself goals. For instance, if you're going on vacation, make that your goal to get fit and get a bikini body.
Get motivated to get healthy not just to look good but to feel good! smile
I had that problem too but keeping an exercise/fitness journal and keeping track of weekly progress makes me feel better, knowing I'm on my way. whee And I have some smaller clothes I'd love to fit into again ahah

Familiar Gawker

* Goals with realistic deadlines
* Buddies
* Journal
* Watch empowering videos
* Activities I enjoy to do!

Wheezing Fatcat

Make your workouts a hobby. Don't think of jogging as a chore, for example, but as something you want to get good at and such- maybe even do some marathons or runs for issues you are passionate about.(Search for the cure run; run for africa run)

Try investing money in your workout, then you're more likely to do it. Get pretty work out clothes and good shoes or equipment, even if you are just starting out. Go only as far as you can afford, obviously, but looking at your money rotting away in objects you aren't using will make you get up and use them. :]

Amarysso Lux's Partner

Adorable Waffles

19,125 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
^^ For me, I find it easier to stick to something I like to do and it helps when you have someone to exercise with. That way, you and your buddy can encourage each other to work a bit harder and accomplish goals that you both are set out to do.

Make a simple exercise fun! ^^ Pop in some energizing music in your iPod/mp3 player and go for a light jog. If gyms/treadmills aren't your thing, you can always jog around a lake, around your neighborhood or even take a long walk around the mall for half hour or more. If you want to do something more active, try taking a class, like zumba that involves cardio, dancing, and fun music.

And like what others have stated before, keeping a journal of your progress is helpful and inspiring. While you may not see the changes in the short term, if you keep at it, you will see the changes happening eventually. All it takes is some patience and dedication with a good balance of eating habits + exercise and you should see something soon.
I'm very competitive.
I bought a bunch of work out games and dared my husband to play them with me.
The fact that it's also a game makes it easier for me to do it because I see the progress.

Find something you like, and make it a work out.
If you like charities do the runs they host.
Do you like music and dancing? Take a Zumba class!

I also have a friend who was big into working out.
She took her before photos and hung them up where she would see them every day, downloaded apps that would lock her phone unless it counted so many steps, hung up photos of work out models everywhere and joined a gym where it took money out so she forced herself to go.. It took her a lot of time and effort but she lost a good amount of weight.

Versatile Noob

-Having someone to work out with.
-Taking pictures of progress every two weeks.
-Keeping track of calories.
-Varying workouts.
-And the overall satisfaction of finishing a workout.

Hygienic Hunter

I usually think of how good I feel after my workout, that's usually enough. Also, I wouldn't recommend working out every day. You need at least one day a week or so to rest and let your muscles build themselves back up.

Questionable Genius

Fitspo pics on tumblr. They are a bit controversial but it works for me haha. Also, I read a ton of articles on nerdfitness.com
It also helps if you keep a daily log or something for accountability purposes, and surround yourself with like minded people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff