Welcome to Gaia! ::

You are in a post-apocalyptic world. You have a son that you almost lost, and he's now grown cold to the world you live in. When the world fell into chaos from the dead returning to life, you thought your husband to be dead and found comfort in the arms of his best friend. To your joy/horror, your husband is alive and well, and comes back to you. Now you, your family, and another group of survivors live on a ranch, continuously living in fear of the walking dead, otherwise known as walkers. But now you have a new horror. You are pregnant, possibly with the child of your husbands best friend. So you have a choice....do you give this life a chance to live, since you are not God and don't have the right, or do you spare them the monstrosity of a life you live?

Should Lori have aborted the baby?
it should be a choice that both parents should make i say no she should have it
Brovidge
it should be a choice that both parents should make i say no she should have it

So does she ask Shane or Rick?

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Yes, abort.

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
So. Okay. She got herself into this situation, she's a big girl. However, she has the baby. Der. Do you know how many people they would lose if she aborts it? A s**t load. Me? I'd abort it. Not out of stupid a** reasons such as 'my hubby's bf is the baby dadd', but more along the lines of 'hm. newborns do three things. s**t, cry, and eat. Loud sounds attract walkers. ******** that, kill the poor brat, it'd save it from probably killing them all, and making it grow up in the hellish land that is their home. ' In a world like that, there is not a lot of room for morals.

3,800 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Invisibility 100
Dove_of_Dawn
So. Okay. She got herself into this situation, she's a big girl. However, she has the baby. Der. Do you know how many people they would lose if she aborts it? A s**t load. Me? I'd abort it. Not out of stupid a** reasons such as 'my hubby's bf is the baby dadd', but more along the lines of 'hm. newborns do three things. s**t, cry, and eat. Loud sounds attract walkers. ******** that, kill the poor brat, it'd save it from probably killing them all, and making it grow up in the hellish land that is their home. ' In a world like that, there is not a lot of room for morals.

Omg.. Lol if everyone thought like that though then eventually the human race would die out. We need babies to repopulate and everything and besides if they stayed on the farm where its safer then ANYWHERE else they have been it then its not like they'd have as shitty of a childhood and grow up all F-ed in the head.
Yes, keeping it is overall a pretty selfish decision.
Karista
Dove_of_Dawn

Omg.. Lol if everyone thought like that though then eventually the human race would die out. We need babies to repopulate and everything and besides if they stayed on the farm where its safer then ANYWHERE else they have been it then its not like they'd have as shitty of a childhood and grow up all F-ed in the head.

your reasoning is adorable.
Karista

Having babies to repopulate the earth won't do much when it leaves them way more vulnerable. With their current conditions too Lori lacks the proper nutrition to be healthy and to have a healthy baby. Even if their farm life seems safe you still have to take into account how stressed everyone is regardless and if a woman has severe stress during pregnancy there is an increased chance of a premature birth, which obviously puts the baby at an even greater disadvantage in their world.

Fashionable Explorer

9,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
Yes and No. Yes because there is no way in hell to care for a crying infant who is COMPLETLY dependant on another life. If the baby is hungry, it'll cry. If the baby is wet, it'll cry. If the baby is too hot, it'll cry. If the baby is sleepy, it'll cry. Basically, if the baby feels any discomfort once so ever, it cries, whines or makes a noise, which isn't wrong at all.

My point being is that babies have a natural instinct to cry or laugh or make any kind of noise for attention. All babies do it, its what helps them communicate to others what they need and want. If a baby where to constantly cry and cry, especially if you were on the move, it'd be horrible for not only you but the baby. I mean, honestly, you cant run very fast with a baby in your arms and you cant accidently trip and fall or crawl under a car to hide from Walkers.

No, because the baby didn't decide when it would be concieved, the parents did. (Notice I said Parents, with an "s" means someone's the daddy) Now, I'm not saying Lorie sleeps around. If she knew Rick was still alive, she wouldn't have slept with Shane, however, the fact of the matter is she did mess with him and the baby could be his. A baby needs not just a mother but a father in this particular situation. Mommy cant cook and try to fend off Walkers at teh same time. Women are amazing but not super woman. Either way, a baby can't survive alone but it can still survive, whether your running constantly or huddled in a space in the middle of nowhere

Dapper Fatcat

Birth it then use it as bait. emotion_dowant
Anilemy
You are in a post-apocalyptic world. You have a son that you almost lost, and he's now grown cold to the world you live in. When the world fell into chaos from the dead returning to life, you thought your husband to be dead and found comfort in the arms of his best friend. To your joy/horror, your husband is alive and well, and comes back to you. Now you, your family, and another group of survivors live on a ranch, continuously living in fear of the walking dead, otherwise known as walkers. But now you have a new horror. You are pregnant, possibly with the child of your husbands best friend. So you have a choice....do you give this life a chance to live, since you are not God and don't have the right, or do you spare them the monstrosity of a life you live?

Yeah... though the thought is sad, why would you bring a mere child into a zombie invaded world? It attracts walkers when it cries

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Anilemy

I think she should have, but even if Lori decided to abort it, where would she have it aborted? for all we know the abortion people could all be dead or zombies.

chikorhea's Waifu

Bashful Cultist

Is anyone else thinking about how Lori might die when she gives birth? Think about the lack of proper equipment, lack of medicine and painkillers. You'd have to risk more lives to get the medicine and equipment for ONE child who will probably only be a burden and die.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
It's her decision.

That being said, if you want to have hope for the future and believe that you can find a relatively safe place, then keeping the baby is necessary, if only to keep the population of healthy humans up. Terrible world to raise a child, yes. But even during wars and during the Black Death in Europe, people were having babies.

In fact, back then, people were actually having MORE babies, and at younger ages, because their kids just kept dying. The numbers, I think were that half of your children would die before the age of 1. And then of those that survived, another half would die before adulthood. So it was reasonable that if a woman had 10 children over her lifetime (which was short, since women often died during pregnancy), maybe 2 or 3 of them would live to adulthood and get married/have more babies.

So you can't say that people should just stop having kids just because there's an apocalypse. History has proven that point wrong.

Also, as for the crying attracting zombies and such, once again, look to history. When the slaves were fleeing the South on the Underground Railroad, they brought their babies too. And it's documented that Harriet Tubman often DRUGGED the babies using something like chloroform or opium to keep them quiet while everyone was running in the night.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff