Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Codger

In my opinion? Yes.

1. The presence of a baby would put everyone in camp in danger. If it cried? Danger. If it wanders off from the camp? Danger.

2. Someone has to be on that baby all the time, meaning that they can't contribute to helping with the upkeep and protection of the camp.

3. It's not fair to the baby to have to grow up that way. To risk it becoming a walker steak, to have it live in fear every second of every day, fear of walkers and the other people around it...

Newbie Noob

7,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Saberie
Birth it then use it as bait. emotion_dowant

Omg
yes
If I knew I was going to have a big-nose Shane baby...

Chatty Nerd

6,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Hunter 50
At the end of the day it was Lori's decision, it's her body at the end of the day. She thought they were gonna be safe at the farm for a while, which would have been safest at the time {what with a doctor being on hand}.

Personally I don't think she should have kept it. It's gonna put her in danger, she'll be slower and it won't be easy to travel or escape anywhere. The baby would constantly be in danger, and maybe even attract walkers if they're out in the open and it cries, it'll be completely defenseless by itself too. Plus there's all the danger of Lori actually giving birth. Also, there's always the question of is there any point in bringing a baby into a zombie plagued world? .___.

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I personally she shouldn't abort the baby and this isn't a political "OH ABORTION IS MURDER" thing. It's more of a "they need to start working on repopulating the human race" thing. But to each their own I know of a few regulars on this section of gaia who think that no one should have children everyone should blow their brains out whenever, everyone must go guns blazing killing everyone they meet no matter what. But I digress.

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Nahhh, they have that farm, they're about as safe as they're gonna get I suppose. The world isn't gonna repopulate itself!
I say just let her die and take the baby with her.Sad that the baby has to go.I hate her because she doesn't get the situation.
Maybe this should have been a poll as well.

Mythical Misfit

17,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Saberie
Birth it then use it as bait. emotion_dowant

Hell Yeah! -High Five-

Invisible Lover

When life is floundering in a post-apocalyptic world, life should be something we clutch to all the more tightly. Sure - The child may end up ripped apart and eaten before he can see his 6th birthday but, just as well, the child may grow up to be one of the first new generations raised to survive in a world where Hell on Earth was literally the normal, average day. Could be the first of many to lead the rest of civilization to triumph.

If there is even the slightest chance that the child could survive and grow up, you best believe I'd rather them give birth to the child.

Sparkly Genius

8,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
If its born, Shane will only use it as walker bait emotion_awesome

Romantic Lunatic

I say yes, just for the moment.

There are many unknowns right now, the major question is will Hershel let Rick and the group remain on the farm? Until they figure things out and actually settle down, then they could try bring babies into that world and repopulate the earth again.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
She shouldn't have gotten pregnant. Normally I'm prolife but COME ON! You can't raise a child in that environment!!! Think about how many times the baby will start crying and a hoard will come to attack. Heck, the baby will probably end up getting eaten anyway.

Dapper Fatcat

Rikka-Chama
Is anyone else thinking about how Lori might die when she gives birth? Think about the lack of proper equipment, lack of medicine and painkillers. You'd have to risk more lives to get the medicine and equipment for ONE child who will probably only be a burden and die.
Then again, how are they going to get the equipment to abort the kid?
Saberie
Rikka-Chama
Is anyone else thinking about how Lori might die when she gives birth? Think about the lack of proper equipment, lack of medicine and painkillers. You'd have to risk more lives to get the medicine and equipment for ONE child who will probably only be a burden and die.
Then again, how are they going to get the equipment to abort the kid?

Falcon Punch will work perfectly, I'm sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff