Questionable Borg

Think they're going to have unlimited ammo during a zombie invasion? stressed

Popular Explorer

6,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
lol maybe they're trying to use a cheat irl xD
Honestly no clue. Granted, it probably won't be hard to locate plenty (given that 95% of the world would only be interested in flesh, not ammo), but I firmly believe in weapons that don't need re-loading.

Questionable Borg

Mekare the Queen
Honestly no clue. Granted, it probably won't be hard to locate plenty (given that 95% of the world would only be interested in flesh, not ammo), but I firmly believe in weapons that don't need re-loading.
So do I, but mainly just because you don't have to worry about running out of ammo lol
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen
So do I, but mainly just because you don't have to worry about running out of ammo lol

That's a big reason for it, but also because ammo-less weapons tend to be much quieter. Noise=more walkers

Questionable Borg

Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen

That's a big reason for it, but also because ammo-less weapons tend to be much quieter. Noise=more walkers
There's always the silencer. smile
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen

Ah, but they don't actually 'silence', they just reduce the sound. Even with, guns are still rather loud. (Granted, I'm quoting wikipedia here, but it's still generally a fairly accurate source)
"Live tests by independent reviewers of numerous commercially available suppressors find that even low caliber unsuppressed .22 LR firearms produce gunshots over 160 decibels. In testing, most of the suppressors reduced the volume to between 130 and 145 dB, with the quietest suppressors metering at 117 dB. The actual suppression of sound ranged from 14.3 to 43 dB, with most data points around the 30 dB mark. A notable example, the De Lisle carbine, a British WW II suppressed rifle used by Special Forces, was recorded at 85.5 dB in official firing tests.
Comparatively, ear protection commonly used while shooting provides 18 to 32 dB of sound reduction at the ear. Further, chainsaws, rock concerts, rocket engines, pneumatic drills, small firecrackers, and ambulance sirens are rated at 100 to 140 dB."

Friendly Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'd keep my sidearm with me but mainly bludgeoning items like bats and axes would be a definate in my inventory

Friendly Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen

Ah, but they don't actually 'silence', they just reduce the sound. Even with, guns are still rather loud. (Granted, I'm quoting wikipedia here, but it's still generally a fairly accurate source)
"Live tests by independent reviewers of numerous commercially available suppressors find that even low caliber unsuppressed .22 LR firearms produce gunshots over 160 decibels. In testing, most of the suppressors reduced the volume to between 130 and 145 dB, with the quietest suppressors metering at 117 dB. The actual suppression of sound ranged from 14.3 to 43 dB, with most data points around the 30 dB mark. A notable example, the De Lisle carbine, a British WW II suppressed rifle used by Special Forces, was recorded at 85.5 dB in official firing tests.
Comparatively, ear protection commonly used while shooting provides 18 to 32 dB of sound reduction at the ear. Further, chainsaws, rock concerts, rocket engines, pneumatic drills, small firecrackers, and ambulance sirens are rated at 100 to 140 dB."

wow the science of a silencer.... way to go. Silencers are not silencing as he said. also they strip easily so eventually it would still end up make quite the noise
good question dramallama

4,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
Because they like real-life is like in a game. Where you can find ammo everywhere, in everyone's refrigerator and bathroom.

Desemos17
Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen

wow the science of a silencer.... way to go. Silencers are not silencing as he said. also they strip easily so eventually it would still end up make quite the noise
Lol its either unlimited ammo or a katana xD but what they fell to realize while ammo might last for a while it will eventually run out with no one making it, and katanas are a horrible choose because you have to have training to use one with out proper traing you might as well walk into a city full of walkers blaring Deathmetals while riding a mopad with a f*** up motor.
If I run out of any type of item I can throw, then I'm truly screwed!

I think it's funny how some people say they are going to order weapons and ammo, during the outbreak. Really, you think customer service would really matters anymore talk2hand
DAMN NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT LOL. UMMMM I'D USE MY BARBELL OFF MY BENCH, AND HIT THEM IN THE HEAD, AND CHUCK MY DUMBELLS AT THEM LMAO! YEAHHHH BUDEHHHH LOLZ! rofl
A tough leather/aketon under clothing, full plate armor and a war hammer or war-pick would be enough to get you safe from one side to the other. Teeth don't go measly through thick cotton or cured leather and brake on plate.

Guns are inefficient in that it will attract more zombies, and many forgo armor once they have a gun, thinking they are safe of the nasty bite by virtue of distance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff