Welcome to Gaia! ::

UndyingWish
onestepcloser11
UndyingWish
Then explain how Randall became a walker. There were no bite marks or even "walker blood" on him. It is an airborne disease. Everyone living is infected, however, the infection festers within until death.

He became a walker simply because Shane SHOT HIM in an area on the body other then the head, therefore the brain had the opportunity to reactivate. They said there were no bites or walker blood, but I'm pretty sure they didn't say anything about gunshots.

The only thing that happened to Randall was his knee injury and the interrogation. At no point was he shot.

-.- Actually I made a mistake from the way things sounded it seemed like he got his neck snapped.
I just jumped the gun. But still Shane did not detach the head or destroy the brain so. . . Zombification

Demonic Shade

8,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Millionaire 200
oh amanda
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

SINCE LORI IS PREGNANT (and the water is most likely contaminated) COULDN'T IT AFFECT THE BABY (as in make it into a zombie during birth) AND LEAVE HER UNAFFECTED?

had to bring that to consideration. derp.

cause it happens with HIV.
I'd say the water is a stretch, I've had this discussion with a friend of mine. So far, they've done a good job not to drink any directly contaminated water. So I brought up the whole rain water thing, though I agreed with my friend about the fact the water at that point would be extremely diluted. The water I can only picture would be very weakly effected, and if they've survived it this long, I'd say its helping their bodies develop antibodies and slowly becoming immune to the infection. Though that's just my take on it.

Fashionable Gaian

8,975 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ScienceDog
The show hasn't aired yet on the west coast...

twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted
we apologize
twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted

Supreme Sex Symbol

Panzer Phobia
oh amanda
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

SINCE LORI IS PREGNANT (and the water is most likely contaminated) COULDN'T IT AFFECT THE BABY (as in make it into a zombie during birth) AND LEAVE HER UNAFFECTED?

I'd say the water is a stretch, I've had this discussion with a friend of mine. So far, they've done a good job not to drink any directly contaminated water. So I brought up the whole rain water thing, though I agreed with my friend about the fact the water at that point would be extremely diluted. The water I can only picture would be very weakly effected, and if they've survived it this long, I'd say its helping their bodies develop antibodies and slowly becoming immune to the infection. Though that's just my take on it.

If we put all of the takes together, I'd say..

Everyone is infected, but the 'survivors' have the virus in them. Their bodies are slowly recognizing the virus, building some sort of immunity, but not total immunity as the virus can lay dormant. Once dead, the virus awakens and takes over, becoming a walker.

2,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SHANE HAD TO DIE he was stirring up too much unnecessary crap

rofl ding dong the witch is dead rofl
4laugh 4laugh 4laugh

Supreme Sex Symbol

cindyre1a
ScienceDog

we apologize

You shouldn't wait.

Go watch this s**t on livestream.

Now.

IRL Fatcat

As happy as I am that he's finally gone, i'm not gonna lie.

His whole death scene was kinda sad. :'D

Supreme Sex Symbol

sad alien
SHANE HAD TO DIE he was stirring up too much unnecessary crap

rofl ding dong the witch is dead rofl
4laugh 4laugh 4laugh

Rick has startled The Witch!
Arachne Latrodectus
hot stuff Esquire
omg y shane n how did he become a zombie now theres going to be a group full of zombies at the house more people die!

Explanation:
The knife Rick used to stab Shane was infected with walker blood. When the walker blood entered his system, his body became infected and he transformed into a walker.

well that cant explain it because randal also turned and shane broke his neck. I think maybe the guy from the cdc DID tell rick everyone was infected because even if u do not get bit or scratched you can turn and besides...i think they would keep their weapons clean to make sure they do no accidently nick themselves and risk infection

Devoted Member

cindyre1a
ScienceDog

we apologize

I personally don't mind spoilers. I am sad that I have to wait to see the episode.

Supreme Sex Symbol

xRockit
As happy as I am that he's finally gone, i'm not gonna lie.

His whole death scene was kinda sad. :'D

It was, but then again, NO MORE CRAZY STUFF! No more breaking open barns with zombies and killing people :V
He was a great antagonist and he will be missed.
I mean sure they have the zombies, but I don't know how the directors can top Shane's character with someone else!
All in all an amazing episode!

Demonic Shade

8,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Millionaire 200
oh amanda
Panzer Phobia
oh amanda
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

If we put all of the takes together, I'd say..

Everyone is infected, but the 'survivors' have the virus in them. Their bodies are slowly recognizing the virus, building some sort of immunity, but not total immunity as the virus can lay dormant. Once dead, the virus awakens and takes over, becoming a walker.
Yep, that's the way I picture the virus working at least. I don't think they've gone into exact details about it in the comics either, but for me, it seems like a sound enough thoery. As it would also explain both Randal and Shane's transformations without any direct bite.

Devoted Member

oh amanda
cindyre1a
ScienceDog

we apologize

You shouldn't wait.

Go watch this s**t on livestream.

Now.

There is a lot I can not do at a public library.

Supreme Sex Symbol

ScienceDog
cindyre1a
ScienceDog

we apologize

I personally don't mind spoilers. I am sad that I have to wait to see the episode.

You should spend the rest of your Walking Dead days in the East coast.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff