Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Lover

If you remember in the first season the group covered themselves in zombie guts and were able to move freely through the mobs of zombies in the city.

They covered up their normal 'scent' so the zombie couldn't recognize them and they left them alone.

That's the same reason Michonne had her two zombie slaves and was able to move around without a problem.

As for not turning when they get scratched or whatever, the person needs to die first {I think}.
Offensive Content
If you remember in the first season the group covered themselves in zombie guts and were able to move freely through the mobs of zombies in the city.

They covered up their normal 'scent' so the zombie couldn't recognize them and they left them alone.

That's the same reason Michonne had her two zombie slaves and was able to move around without a problem.

As for not turning when they get scratched or whatever, the person needs to die first {I think}.
Yeah I know that, but she got it in her mouth..

Remember when Jim was bit? He was turning rapidly, but his wound was not so great that it would have killed him.
I was concerned about the shot to her leg getting infected, but there's been plenty of cases (and I'm sure there will be plenty more) where the explanation is: because, zombies. Not everything will add up and liberties will be taken.

Next week's episode is going to be great
SamhainStar
I was concerned about the shot to her leg getting infected, but there's been plenty of cases (and I'm sure there will be plenty more) where the explanation is: because, zombies. Not everything will add up and liberties will be taken.

I can't accept that answer, I know it's tv and all, but they should at least keep their story straight. gonk
psyst3m
SamhainStar

I can't accept that answer, I know it's tv and all, but they should at least keep their story straight. gonk

I know what you mean, Hershel's unlimited ammo back on the farm was all Tomb Raider style and that kinda annoyed me. Tons of little things along the way, right now I can't stop thinking about how well played the whole phone thing was. The voices and the tones on the phone was all kind of surreal. Just really well played visuals that distract me from the plot holes XD

Anyway, I personally am going with the theory that Michonne's sheer levels of badass gives her natural resistance to zombie-ism. Saving throws! <end nerd>
Michonne did not swallow.

Case closed. rofl

xx Gnellie's King

Raider

◈ Some say the world will end in ℱire.
Some say in ιce.

Yeah, I noticed that. She spit it right out though, so she should be fine.

From what I've tasted of â……esire.
I hold with those who favor ℱire.◈
Well, look on the bright side. Michonne finding her way to the jailhouse was one of the highlights of the episode (the other one being Carol). As for the topic, I don't think she swallowed bits of the zombie she slaughtered. I thought the other zombies paid no attention to her because she was covered in zombie blood. They only attack the living, the ones with warm blood. They may have mistook her for another zombie, another "walker".

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
psyst3m

Zombie bites kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus." When a zombie bites a victim, the victim contracts a deadly illness. Zombie scratches can also infect a victim with a deadly illness. Zombie bites are not how the "infection" is spread. Instead, zombie bites and saliva cause infections that are 100% fatal.
Zauriel Masters
psyst3m

Zombie bites kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus." When a zombie bites a victim, the victim contracts a deadly illness. Zombie scratches can also infect a victim with a deadly illness. Zombie bites are not how the "infection" is spread. Instead, zombie bites and saliva cause infections that are 100% fatal.
To me it is hard to comprehend that a zombies bite and scratch could cause infection, when being exposed to infected zombie blood and bacteria in open wounds and orifices do not. To me it's the same thing, why shouldn't that same infection be in the blood as well? Why only the saliva? Why a scratch? They can touch a zombie but somehow a scratch from one makes all the difference? What is it about their hands and nails that can spread the infection?

Logically to me it would also be in their blood and any other bodily fluid. Hell, AIDS isn't even contracted through saliva, but the blood and bodily fluids. I know it's not the same thing, but I'm just trying to compare it to something to understand it.

Widower

Benevolent Gatekeeper

Little Dead Soldier
I think so. They did this in another zombie movie, but I can't remember the name. The scene in the movie started where crows were feasting off a zombie and a drop of blood fell in the guy's eye. Turning him.
I can't remember the name of that movie.

But I think it's the same thing in this as well.

I remember that scene in Resident Evil: Apocalypse as well as 28 Days Later.

Phantom

I was wondering that too. It's probably just a clumsy move (and considering how the zombie consumed 100% of Lori, I think they should at least try to be more careful) but I'm still watching~

Versatile Dabbler

psyst3m
Zauriel Masters
psyst3m

To me it is hard to comprehend that a zombies bite and scratch could cause infection, when being exposed to infected zombie blood and bacteria in open wounds and orifices do not. To me it's the same thing, why shouldn't that same infection be in the blood as well? Why only the saliva? Why a scratch? They can touch a zombie but somehow a scratch from one makes all the difference? What is it about their hands and nails that can spread the infection?

Logically to me it would also be in their blood and any other bodily fluid. Hell, AIDS isn't even contracted through saliva, but the blood and bodily fluids. I know it's not the same thing, but I'm just trying to compare it to something to understand it.

It might be like komodo dragons. Their saliva is so full of bacteria and viruses that it's like venom and kills prey within minutes. I don't think their blood does that though. :/

Familiar Regular

EarthBoundBaby
psyst3m
One thing I noticed.. when the zombies abdomen was sliced open Michonne got a mouthful and had to spit it out.

Now that they know they are ALL infected, would a zombies blood entering the mouth/eyes/open wound still cause an increased outbreak of the infection, and for the person to turn?

I've been wondering the very same thing! Those zombies that passed her didn't even bother sniffing her. They acted as if she wasn't even there. Maybe, she's turning, slowly.

If you'd have paid attention in the earlier episodes, the walkers she carted around with her warded off the others. She looked like a walker, for the most part, covered in blood and smelled rank.

A little blood got in her mouth, big deal. As long as she had no open wounds INSIDE her mouth, the blood wouldnt have been absorbed, and the infection wouldnt have subdued her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff