Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supreme Sex Symbol

the fact that babies can be high maintenance? They cry, wail, and can make very loud noises, especially since they get very irritable around teething times. Also, the lack of diapers, wipes and vaccines. Babies can soak up to 8 diapers a day and most babies get plenty of vaccines before they hit 15 months. What to do, what to do group. I'm not so worried about the formula situation since the powdered formula is good for at least a year. This is going to change their game plan tremendously, I can't wait emotion_dowant

Conservative Hunter

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Agrees about the care and worry of having a baby during those kinda of time. But before the formula and diapers, whose gonna be lactating to feed this baby since Lori's dead? Maggie? her sister? its kinda of weird situation and don;t know if any of them men , other than Hershel, has a clue where to go from there..Would be sad if they had to decide to snuff the kid, but then again, it may show signs and die on its own, in any case..to lose the baby would be harder on Rick and Carl.

Supreme Sex Symbol

Parvulus_Letum
Agrees about the care and worry of having a baby during those kinda of time. But before the formula and diapers, whose gonna be lactating to feed this baby since Lori's dead? Maggie? her sister? its kinda of weird situation and don;t know if any of them men , other than Hershel, has a clue where to go from there..Would be sad if they had to decide to snuff the kid, but then again, it may show signs and die on its own, in any case..to lose the baby would be harder on Rick and Carl.

Especially since Lori carried that baby to full term and everyone was hoping she'd be able to have a natural birth. It was sad, and I got even more sad when I thought about the baby's odds of living since I'm carrying my own child, y'know?
They have things to make diapers, they don't have to be modern diapers. Not that long ago diapers were just cloth that you re-washed and re-used.

What is the point of trying to live if you aren't striving for normalcy? Gotta create a community to have any bit of normalcy again.

Conservative Hunter

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Big Tipper 100
oh amanda
Parvulus_Letum

Especially since Lori carried that baby to full term and everyone was hoping she'd be able to have a natural birth. It was sad, and I got even more sad when I thought about the baby's odds of living since I'm carrying my own child, y'know?

Well congrats and yeah lots to think about when bringing in another life during these time, and watching these kinds of shows, well makes ya more paranoid ya know!..good luck, hang in there! smile

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Simple simple

The babby don't need a diaper, just wipe it off after its done; also give it a flamethrower.
Babies love flamethrowers.

Bashful Nymph

Really curious to see how the creators of the show address the baby being in the group. I actually expected it to die with Lori if she were to die, and didn't expect it to survive. I was kind of surprised with the way the episode turned out. I wonder how hard it will be for them to cover the baby's needs. Obviously they won't be able to give the baby it's vaccines because there aren't any hospitals or doctors, but I still kind of hope that the baby survives somehow. I'm sure it will cause trouble for the group though. Also kind of wondering who will be the primary caregiver for the baby. I can't see Rick doing it.
First, the crying crap won't do anything.
Case you haven't noticed, they've been in the prison.
And if they can clear it out again, they can stay there.
The baby can cry inside where no zombies outside the prison can hear.

Didn't you hear at the end of the episode people will be going for supply runs? Obviously they'll get some or most of the necessities for the baby.
This won't change their plan at all. They needed supplies anyway.

And you think no one has thought of this...
You live in your own little mind don't you?

Conservative Hunter

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Big Tipper 100
PyramidHead SHD

Didn't you hear at the end of the episode people will be going for supply runs? Obviously they'll get some or most of the necessities for the baby.

Laughs.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

PyramidHead SHD

I think you're forgetting that there are a HUGE number of zombies INSIDE the prison.

Anxious Cupcake

Id honestly be pissed at Lori for keeping it. It puts the group at risk. Yes, oh a baby means life goes on... but not when you arent in a safe place yet. the time for babies is NOT now.

I hope it dies and becomes a zombie. :3
and lori's boobs aren't there for the poor child!!! D:

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
I know everyone is moaning and complaining about the baby crying and being loud, but, you know, some babies don't. They cry because they need something, whether it's food or warmth or a change, but if a baby is well-cared for, they don't usually fuss too much. Also, some babies DON'T cry. My parents told me that when I was a baby, I didn't cry at all, and they got so worried about it that they took me to a doctor because they thought something was wrong with me. The doctor told them I was fine, and that some babies just don't make noises.

TLDR: If you meet a baby's needs before they get uncomfortable, they won't cry for those needs.

Phantom

indigoMisconception sez:

Yeah. Actually, everyone... save for the people in the show. (or just Lori idk)
But it was do or die anyway; they'd still have to take the baby out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff