Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Bloodsucker

13,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
Sebastian Van Der Reis
I havent really seen the comic, where can i find it?

I'm from the UK, and it's easily found here.
I've also seen it on sale in hypermarkets in France (they have really awesome covers). So I'd ask at a comic book store if I were you, or look online.

Back on topic. I liked the tv series, but I enjoy the comic books more. And those of you saying there's more characterisation in the tv show, I don't really see your point...
I've read all of the current comics that are available in the UK, well volume 14 (issues 79-84) and I think this series has a hell of a lot of characterisation, the whole series is basically showing the effects on the characters of the whole apocalypse. And the characters have changed from the start. Personally, I think the characters are quite realistic and show different sides of human nature without feeling overly 2-D.

Oh, and I so hate Andrea in the tv series. She is going to really get on my nerves if she doesn't toughen up. And why is Shane still alive? I like the other changes they've made, I think they worked well, but this man needs to die.
Priill
I've said this before and I'll say it again, what they're doing for Andrea in the show is for character development. I imagine they want her to hit rock bottom so people will appreciate her more when she becomes Ms. Kickass...but this is simply my guess. I know Laurie Holden (the actress who plays Andrea) has said in many interviews that she can't wait to play the tough Andrea, and that she doesn't enjoy playing depressed Andrea much (though I think she does a great job)! After watching the trailers and extras on the walking dead amc website, I think it's safe to say that either later in the season she will indeed become a badass, or we will start to see her become one.

That's what I'm thinking too. In the comic, she does hit rock bottom and becomes depressed for a while. It is sort of short when you're reading, though.

Romantic Dreamer

Just a random thought that came to mind my...is there a the walking dead video game? I think there is and it doesn't follow the comic or the tv show but it does happen in the walking dead universe. So, any one played it? Likes it? Wants to get it?
Yes, there is a video game version from Telltale Games. I personally enjoy the graphic novels the best. You cannot beat the detail or they backstory they offer as compared to the TV show. I also think there were changes made for the show that were unnecessary.

Sparkly Demigod

14,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Flatterer 200
I love the show I find it quite addictive and I actually made my dad and mom start watching it so now we enjoy it together as a family.I have not read the graphic novels but I intend on adding them to my Graphic novel collection.It will be the first american graphic novels in the collection since I mostly only have manga in there.I think it is a great idea to make this into a show as opposed to having it be a movie.I think there have been so many zombie movies already that it might have lost its luster by being a movie.
DamnBlackHeart
Just a random thought that came to mind my...is there a the walking dead video game? I think there is and it doesn't follow the comic or the tv show but it does happen in the walking dead universe. So, any one played it? Likes it? Wants to get it?
A video game is in the works now. the player will be given a choice of new characters (created by Kirkman), and eventually run into the original characters in the game as part of the story lines. That's all I've read about it so far though.

As for the comics and the show, I like how the show is going in a different direction. I love that Robert Kirkman is still designing the new characters and plots too. There's a lot I like about the new story line more than I like in the comic. Personally, I think they killed Shane off too fast and I love Daryl's character.
Convergent_Strabismus
Yes, there is a video game version from Telltale Games. I personally enjoy the graphic novels the best. You cannot beat the detail or they backstory they offer as compared to the TV show. I also think there were changes made for the show that were unnecessary.
Robert Kirkman said he made the changes because he wanted fans to keep guessing what happens next. He didn't think there would be any fun in making the show based off the comics entirely because everyone would know what happens next and nothing would be a surprise.

Familiar Poster

I haven't read it but the show is pretty good so far.

Romantic Dreamer

Pseudoyoyomi
I love the show I find it quite addictive and I actually made my dad and mom start watching it so now we enjoy it together as a family.I have not read the graphic novels but I intend on adding them to my Graphic novel collection.It will be the first american graphic novels in the collection since I mostly only have manga in there.I think it is a great idea to make this into a show as opposed to having it be a movie.I think there have been so many zombie movies already that it might have lost its luster by being a movie.

Yeah, I agree. They made the right chioce by making it a tv show instead of a movie. Plus, I like how AMC allows them to push the boundaries with the show. I remember watching the making of the walking dead and how majority of shows are censcored and AMC allows them to get away with things that aren't usually on tv. Like the little girl zombie being shot point blank and the gore.

So yeah, with a tv shows it allows for character development, situations and whatnot to happen too...unlike a movie where everything has to be rushed and squeezed unto a few scenes or whatnot.

11,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Once I heard about the show, I started reading the comics to get an idea of what it would be like. I like the comic, and the show. Honestly I don't think I could chose right now, though after knowing what happens in the comics everything that's happening in the show feels dreadfully slow. I want it to get to the parts I like! biggrin

Omnipresent Cultist

I am a fan of both. I do kind of miss some of the things that happened in the graphic novels, but I do like pretty much everything the show has done. I'm glad that they are exploring each of the characters for the most part though!

Sparkly Demigod

14,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Flatterer 200
DamnBlackHeart
Pseudoyoyomi

Yeah, I agree. They made the right chioce by making it a tv show instead of a movie. Plus, I like how AMC allows them to push the boundaries with the show. I remember watching the making of the walking dead and how majority of shows are censcored and AMC allows them to get away with things that aren't usually on tv. Like the little girl zombie being shot point blank and the gore.

So yeah, with a tv shows it allows for character development, situations and whatnot to happen too...unlike a movie where everything has to be rushed and squeezed unto a few scenes or whatnot.

Yeah the character development of this show is awesome.We have so many different kinds of people all coming together for the common goal of survival.And that gives us many different points of view and not just one.And Anything that shows me blood and gore with limited commercial interruptions I am all for it.lol

Shy Friend

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Cool topic, Im not a big fan of zombie comics, but interesting topic!

Could you visit my new Tektek Store? http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/mini-shops/mikayla-s-tektek-shop/t.76910005/

Mewling Inquisitor

10,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
MusicBoxMelody
...I just hope that they introduce Michonne and The Governor. He may be the sickest individual I've ever seen or read. And I think the only person who could play him well would be Danny Trejo.

I'd rather see Christopher Walken do it. I also think Lindsay Lohan should be recast as Andrea if they decide to kill that character off. twisted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff