Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Wolf

because you've only been around 400 years or so? you dont have that much in the way of history. and from what i've seen when i've been up to london, those americans who actually have visited seem to be obsessed with everything british.

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Ugh THANK YOU, I thought everyone had gone insane with wedding fever! Americans care because they're all a bunch of media, gossip, and scandal loving freaks.
Freiflug
AndreaTR
4. It's about goddamn time Americans cared about something other then themselves. McDonald's isn't that important, y'know?

You're pretty retarded. Americans care/stick their nose into things beyond our borders way too much. It's about time we stop doing that. Also the McDonald's thing is way over done and not all that accurate. cool

I'll give you the McDonald's thing, it is overused.

But as for sticking your nose everywhere? Be realistic. Your government may do so, and that's what they're for, but most American citizens simply don't give a s**t about anything except their own reality.

Not all, mind you, but this thread is one to prove it. "Why do Americans care? It has nothing to do with us!". The spirit of selfish ignorance.
shag bands
    because you've only been around 400 years or so? you dont have that much in the way of history. and from what i've seen when i've been up to london, those americans who actually have visited seem to be obsessed with everything british.

That's so true. I'm a Brit living in America and spent Friday at work fielding colleagues' and customers' questions about the monarchy, being stopped by complete strangers and asked about the wedding. It was funny, a little annoying but sweet too.
Btw, I love your screen name and avi - good job! You need to add your wish list to your profile so people can send you stuff. 3nodding

Nbellohwell's Waifu

Lip sync for the royal wedding. look it up. SO funny.
razz

Shade

Well don't you americans want to know what's going on around the world?
And anyway, it's not like we're forcing you to celebrate- PLUSS, it's up to your people if they want to have parties and things about it.

Rude people 'o.O

5,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
theres nothing beter to do at 4am

OG Player

11,675 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Because We Americans LOVE historical Events rofl

Divine Muse

Because our Media likes to shove things down our throats.

I stopped watching the news ages ago due to this, if I am interested in current events I look online to see real news.

Not celebrity fluff.

Angelic Millionaire

A lot of people just cared about the dress...(I mean come on...it's a dress!)

Also, I think it was nice for the whole world to see something happy....2011 has been filled to the brim with madness...:

Wealthy Lover

15,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Dra
Don't let the media's obseesion fool you.The media isn't the voice of the people. I hope to god americans don't care about it. A better discussion is Why do american's still care about our current format of recieving news...if it can even be called news those idiots are spewing from their money lined septic tanks.

I don't care about it. Honestly I don't. :/

Wealthy Lover

15,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Essence of Time
Well don't you americans want to know what's going on around the world?
And anyway, it's not like we're forcing you to celebrate- PLUSS, it's up to your people if they want to have parties and things about it.

Rude people 'o.O

We want to know whats going on around the world, but AMERICAN telivision news stations should not be focusing SO MUCH on it. They focused on the wedding the entire day, or at least for A LOT of the day.
maybe cuz theie just royal
the same thing can be said about usa president election in the uk, like if we really care over here who gets in, it covers our tv all the time when it comes up, it works both ways.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff