Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Genius

heartofsilver777
SakuraSyaoran
kurl
If you were christian you wouldn't be a vampire would you?

jkjk but think about it.

Gaia is making fun of the idiots that believe this. This whole rapture thing was just a ploy for this guy to make tons of money. Anyone with a brain can see that. Don't get butthurt, and if its too hard to take a little joke then get off the internet.

Excuse me? Well if they were making fun of the idiots who believed the whole world ending today crap, then why didn't they just make an item with an old man holding a "the world ends today" sign or something?! No, they release an item that makes fun of Jesus! Don't even try to sugar coat it! And it's just influencing the ridicule Christians threads that people keep making! This is wrong and you know it!

EXACTLY! No one is getting this! I think it's hilarious that some guy claimed that the world is going to end on some certain date. This is so very wrong. I repeat again: THIS SITE IS MAKING FUN OF JESUS,THE RAPTURE,JUDGEMENT DAY,THE BIBLE. ALL OF THE STUFF THAT CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN! To all Christians who see what I'm seeing directly contact Gaia staff and file a complaint like I did. Don't go to "site feedback" trust me I tried and they threw my topic into the chatterbox which means they are trying to ignore me. THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! You can call us extremists all you want but we are friends and sons and daughters of God. heart

They are making fun of an 89 year old man who has falsely proclaimed the end of the world, not once, but TWICE. He claimed the Rapture would occur this weekend. They decided to send Raptors to us. You cannot say they are making fun of all Christians because of a Raptor/man with a glowing halo. Its the Raptor. It doesn't say it's Jesus. Its only meant to imply that it may be. Yes, we all think its Jesus, but the raptor head breaks it up. A False Prophet claims a false Rapture, we're going to have fun. Just have fun with the event. Too many people are pushing their personal beliefs onto others, and it was just supposed to be a sarcastic rendition of the Rapture.

Beloved Receiver

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noble Shade 100
Aage Raghnall
heartofsilver777
EDIT: What no one is getting is that I do believe that someday there will be a Rapture and a Judgement Day. I believe that God hasn't revealed the date. Also if this site isn't making fun of Christianity then what is up with this "Raptor Jesus"? Also I just saw the event item for all of this and it's a raptor egg with a glow over the top and in many depiction of Christ He has a glow over His head so again this site is making fun of Him. I find that part highly offensive as well. You guys are now doing blasphemy against my beliefs again. Why is this site SO against Jesus Christ and/or Christianity? If you guys really don't believe in Him then why even bother making fun of Him? I noticed that most people make fun of Christianity way more then any other religious beliefs. This site has users with a broad view of religion and politics so why try to offend others?

How would you feel if a whole website kept bashing what you believe in?
P.S I don't believe that the world is going to end on the 21st and I don't believe it's going to end in 2012.

Um... first of all I'd like to point out something that a few people have already touched base on for you here. The Raptor Jesus thing isn't something that was made by Gaiaonline itself. Raptor Jesus was created on 4-chan & became a long running internet meme almost two years ago. Oddly enough, its still popular among those of the interwebz culture. Being that Gaia is a website inhabited by many of the interweb culture, it is almost a sure duty that they use it in light of the situation.
What's more, they're not really making fun of the religion itself so much as they're poking fun at Harold Camping. Who, by the way, didn't say that the world was going to end on May 21st. He said it would be the first Judgement day. The end of times is supposed to be on October 21st 2011. Still, lets not forget that he's predicted the end of the world before... several times before. One of which I remember very clearly, September 1994. He wrote a book titled 1994? which scared the s**t out of hundreds of people across the US of A. When nothing happened, Christians suffered a lot of losses (including myself) but he made more than a s**t ton of money off of it. The guy is corrupt, using religion to make his funds & then hiding behind the good deed mask of his religion. Don't defend him & don't get offended. Its pointless on the internet anyways. Everyone is just going to either bash or ignore you.
I get what you're saying though, there are plenty of people who just go on saying harsh things about religion without actually knowing anything about it. Or, better yet, they know little & cling to it while beating it with a stick as if it were chock full of candy. Even better, they just don't care how deeply you love your religion. I may not be Christian but I've faced the discrimination before myself, mostly from Christian believers & Atheists alike. I'm of Nordic belief & heavily follow in their ways of worship but I'm not about to blind myself with rage every time someone makes a harsh joke based on almost nothing or when anyone that tells me my beliefs are wrong. Does it upset me? Yes, to the core because its something very important to me & I apply my religion to my life every day. But sometimes you have to just learn to roll with the punches & understand that not everyone is crimping on your freedom of religion on an uneducated bias. Granted, that may be the case several times over for some arguments you'll find yourself in but its not always the case. I myself am very well educated in Christianity, thanks to the majority of my family being Christian in belief. I respect that full heatedly, but its hard to respect a religion when several from the same group are constantly bashing you for going against their flow. Its happened to me hundreds of times before, Christians telling me that I'll go to hell if I don't change my religion & repent. I do have a strong bias against them because of the population of Christians I have been around, but I understand that not all who follow that religion are the same. I believe in giving people a chance no matter what they are.
Which is why I get just as pissed off when Atheists or any other belief/religious group decides to jump on the band wagon as well. Every group does it, forcing their ideals down other people's throats & trying to force them to choke it down with a bar of soap. We single each other out, & the cycle continues. The only advice I can give you, would be to just get a sense of humor or separate yourself from situations where you feel offended because of what someone or some group of people are saying. Don't instigate by starting an argument on the internet cause you're not going to get all the sympathy you're looking for & you're never going to win. Accept that there are people who don't have the same beliefs as you & respect it in the hopes that they will respect your beliefs as well. If they don't, screw'em. They aren't worth talking to then.

I hope you find solace in knowing that someone understands, some one who isn't of your own religion that is. I also pray that you might find an easier way to deal with insult upon injury in a better manner than you have achieved here. Good luck, & peace be with you.

PS: Too true... Goth is a fashion, not a religion. I enjoy seeing a religious girl such as yourself indulging in the idea of "not fitting the label." Just don't try too hard...

Yes I am offended and I'm going to express my opinion like everyone else is freely doing. I'm also defending my Lord and Savior as well. People may not think about it but God can get His feelings hurt too. I don't know if this hurt Him but maybe it did. I do respect other peoples religions but I found this event for the most part extremely messed up.

P.S So many people have told me that I'm trying to hard and all I have to say is trying too hard to do what? Be myself??? I was annoyed about so many people asking me "how can you be Christian and goth at the same time" or crap like that. Imagine people asking you the same questions over and over again throughout your life. So as a simple solution I made up a simple quote to sum it all up so that every time my pic popped up people would stop,think, and maybe even understand better so they don't keep asking. It has somewhat worked.
Saffrons_Curse
It's a 4chan meme. :U!

Plus, maybe some people would like to think that God has a sense of humor? :Ua

To quote an old joke:

"Just look at the platypus."

5,850 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
heartofsilver777
EDIT: What no one is getting is that I do believe that someday there will be a Rapture and a Judgement Day. I believe that God hasn't revealed the date. Also if this site isn't making fun of Christianity then what is up with this "Raptor Jesus"? Also I just saw the event item for all of this and it's a raptor egg with a glow over the top and in many depiction of Christ He has a glow over His head so again this site is making fun of Him. I find that part highly offensive as well. You guys are now doing blasphemy against my beliefs again. Why is this site SO against Jesus Christ and/or Christianity? If you guys really don't believe in Him then why even bother making fun of Him? I noticed that most people make fun of Christianity way more then any other religious beliefs. This site has users with a broad view of religion and politics so why try to offend others?

P.S I don't believe that the world is going to end on the 21st and I don't believe it's going to end in 2012.

A sense of humour. Please get one.

Sage

8,350 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
Faithofthefallen
Pfff...
Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus wasn't a raptor.

It doesn't say Jesus wasn't an alien either so what are you getting at?

Sieg Liongod's Queen

Tipsy Autobiographer

10,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
heartofsilver777

Yes I am offended and I'm going to express my opinion like everyone else is freely doing. I'm also defending my Lord and Savior as well. People may not think about it but God can get His feelings hurt too. I don't know if this hurt Him but maybe it did. I do respect other peoples religions but I found this event for the most part extremely messed up.

P.S So many people have told me that I'm trying to hard and all I have to say is trying too hard to do what? Be myself??? I was annoyed about so many people asking me "how can you be Christian and goth at the same time" or crap like that. Imagine people asking you the same questions over and over again throughout your life. So as a simple solution I made up a simple quote to sum it all up so that every time my pic popped up people would stop,think, and maybe even understand better so they don't keep asking. It has somewhat worked.

Like I said, I get that your offended. You have every right to be, I'm just hoping you understand that not everyone on the internet has the same feelings as you. There were plenty of Christians that came on here & told you the same thing. Its a joke, they get it & they aren't offended by it. Granted, you're obviously offended by it but arguing on the internet with people who thoroughly like the joke isn't going to get you anywhere. In fact, as I'm sure you've noticed, its made people say way more offensive things than the Raptor Jesus jokes ever did. I need you to understand that I'm not siding with people who are calling Christianity horrid or evil. I don't believe its right to single out an entire religion, with several branches of different worship, & label it evil because of events that have happened in the past. That's like saying that all white men hate blacks because forever & a half ago they enslaved them. Or that all Germans are evil because Hitler is historically the most loved politician to ever take power in that country. Its an opinion based on nothing, spread without care or thought in a hurtful manner. People like that need to learn to shut the hell up. As I said before, I've already been through that kind of ridicule before. I face it everyday, all the time, from just about everyone. You learn to pick & choose your battles though.
For example, I'm not going to defend myself with someone who isn't coming up with an intelligent argument. If they want a debate, they're going to ask questions & want me to provide proof & reason why I'm right. Then they'll listen carefully & return with a rebuttal that's worth listening to. And by that I mean that they'll give me reasons & answers for why I might be wrong. Something more than three sentences of sheer stupidity that is within reason. They can get offensive if they want but its not really necessary. The thing is, reality & internet alike are full of people that can't argue with intelligent thought. They just stand stubborn & beat a long sense made, null & void point into other people's skulls until the other realizes that arguing with them is a waste of time & precious life. I'm just asking that you look for a reasonable debate about religion, its much more worth while than going blind with rage every time someone expresses a hate or dislike toward things that you happen to like. Trust me, it took me a lot of trial & error to figure it out myself. Not everyone is worth listening to or arguing with, go for intelligent debate & ignore people who are blatantly attacking your point with shitty comments or ridiculous claims.

PS: Also, I really don't have to imagine people telling me that all the time. Been there, done that. I went through a Goth phase myself that eventually turned into my want to just wear different clothes. One day I'd be dressed in all black with a tail, the next I'd be in a steam punk get up, etc. It wasn't to get attention or anything like that, I just happened to like the clothes & I really enjoyed making up the outfits as I went along. However, that did separate me from my family a lot. My grandmother in particular wouldn't go any where with me unless I was "dressed normal." I was clearly an embarrassment to her on a number of occasions. The most I ever do now is cross dress, so its fairly in the "norm" but I still get a lot of criticism from friends & family alike for just dressing the way I want to as I walk through life. Just like they judge me on my religious path, & on my choice in friends, on my small decisions in life. There's only one person who truly enjoys my "odd" qualities & thankfully he supports me more than anyone ever as. Doesn't hurt to live a little, I encourage people just being themselves. The problem is that so many people like fitting a mold so they never take a route that they might actually be happier in. It saddens me greatly. I hope you'll continue trying new things throughout your life, simply to enjoy them. Ignore the extremely rude & tread with those that can have constructive thought. You'll really go far in life if you take that route, I can assure you that.

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mistress Melisande
Rape Me My Friend
As for those of you who can't grasp why we were offended it would be like this; take what ever deity you worship and change him/her up into something outrageous or what ever and mock your beliefs. Or, for those of you who don't believe in anything, it would be as if they opened a thread to discuss how funny it is that you are all in the closet and choose not to believe in God so you don't have to go to hell.

None of which is true and can be shrugged off, but it does piss some people off. For those of you who are griping because people are in here voicing their opinions about the event, why don't You leave because this is, in fact, a place for discussion for individual to voice their thoughts and opinions. How else do you think Gaia gets feed back? They guess what we want? (yes it seems like that sometimes but that's not the point) Point is some people come to gaia to relax and get away from crap like this and for Gaia to turn it into an event and parade it around like it's some huge joke (which to most it obviously is...I made fun of the dork who started this whole thing because if he had HALF a brain then he would know the Bible does NOT give a specific date for a reason) and make the item they did it hurts and we want to let them know it's not funny for future reference.

If this were going on with any other religion/belief/what have you, you bet you would have people getting angry about it.

All the same, if you are so offended please go. This forum and this site is for recreational purposes and in all honesty you need to lighten up.

The op's just trolling. I posted some very logical perspective on your butt hurtedness (not the most respectful mind you) but it did include the fact that she may need to point her anger in the direction of the man who "decrypted" the dates in the bible (this is the second time he's reportedly done this, the first was in 1994). I've either been ignored or mistakenly passed over. I'm going for ignored though, it just seems more plausible.

Witty Raider

Quit btching and leave if it bothers you so much.

7,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
If you can't laugh with God, then it's going to be a very boring afterlife.
Krisnayu

Quoted for truth.

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mazz0626
Krisnayu

Quoted for truth.

Double quoted for double truths.
I suppose you could call me Christian; I don't follow the exact "rules" of the religion, but believe in the same God, angels, and Christ from it. I follow some of the principles from the bible, but in general I just try to be a good person. So, I'm not sure what you would define that as, but I don't believe in the rapture, and I'm not at all offended by it. I found it rather funny, and I'm sure that God had to have a sense of humor in order to create us, so I don't think he's that pissed. Religions get made fun of all of the time. Don't take it personally. Jews get bashed all of the time; Muslims were judged for their extreme sects; so on, so forth. Trust me, its not just the Christians getting the 'hate'.

Solution to problem: Don't take it personal.

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
heartofsilver777
Aage Raghnall
heartofsilver777

Um... first of all I'd like to point out something that a few people have already touched base on for you here. The Raptor Jesus thing isn't something that was made by Gaiaonline itself. Raptor Jesus was created on 4-chan & became a long running internet meme almost two years ago. Oddly enough, its still popular among those of the interwebz culture. Being that Gaia is a website inhabited by many of the interweb culture, it is almost a sure duty that they use it in light of the situation.
What's more, they're not really making fun of the religion itself so much as they're poking fun at Harold Camping. Who, by the way, didn't say that the world was going to end on May 21st. He said it would be the first Judgement day. The end of times is supposed to be on October 21st 2011. Still, lets not forget that he's predicted the end of the world before... several times before. One of which I remember very clearly, September 1994. He wrote a book titled 1994? which scared the s**t out of hundreds of people across the US of A. When nothing happened, Christians suffered a lot of losses (including myself) but he made more than a s**t ton of money off of it. The guy is corrupt, using religion to make his funds & then hiding behind the good deed mask of his religion. Don't defend him & don't get offended. Its pointless on the internet anyways. Everyone is just going to either bash or ignore you.
I get what you're saying though, there are plenty of people who just go on saying harsh things about religion without actually knowing anything about it. Or, better yet, they know little & cling to it while beating it with a stick as if it were chock full of candy. Even better, they just don't care how deeply you love your religion. I may not be Christian but I've faced the discrimination before myself, mostly from Christian believers & Atheists alike. I'm of Nordic belief & heavily follow in their ways of worship but I'm not about to blind myself with rage every time someone makes a harsh joke based on almost nothing or when anyone that tells me my beliefs are wrong. Does it upset me? Yes, to the core because its something very important to me & I apply my religion to my life every day. But sometimes you have to just learn to roll with the punches & understand that not everyone is crimping on your freedom of religion on an uneducated bias. Granted, that may be the case several times over for some arguments you'll find yourself in but its not always the case. I myself am very well educated in Christianity, thanks to the majority of my family being Christian in belief. I respect that full heatedly, but its hard to respect a religion when several from the same group are constantly bashing you for going against their flow. Its happened to me hundreds of times before, Christians telling me that I'll go to hell if I don't change my religion & repent. I do have a strong bias against them because of the population of Christians I have been around, but I understand that not all who follow that religion are the same. I believe in giving people a chance no matter what they are.
Which is why I get just as pissed off when Atheists or any other belief/religious group decides to jump on the band wagon as well. Every group does it, forcing their ideals down other people's throats & trying to force them to choke it down with a bar of soap. We single each other out, & the cycle continues. The only advice I can give you, would be to just get a sense of humor or separate yourself from situations where you feel offended because of what someone or some group of people are saying. Don't instigate by starting an argument on the internet cause you're not going to get all the sympathy you're looking for & you're never going to win. Accept that there are people who don't have the same beliefs as you & respect it in the hopes that they will respect your beliefs as well. If they don't, screw'em. They aren't worth talking to then.

I hope you find solace in knowing that someone understands, some one who isn't of your own religion that is. I also pray that you might find an easier way to deal with insult upon injury in a better manner than you have achieved here. Good luck, & peace be with you.

PS: Too true... Goth is a fashion, not a religion. I enjoy seeing a religious girl such as yourself indulging in the idea of "not fitting the label." Just don't try too hard...

Wow, you and God must be real right. Since I now know we can hurt his feelings, simply by making fun of a greedy, crazy old coot, I'm going to make sure to walk on egg shells now.

Since you've been so buddy buddy with him though, could you ask him why, if he knew all of this, including our conversation right now, was going to happen, he didn't stop it. Since, generally, if your feelings have been hurt and you can un hurt them, that's what you do.

Which human characteristics does he exhibit most though. I'd like to be as accurate as possible. Please take the test in my 100k contest thread and feel free to generate a number and see if you get it.

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
heartofsilver777

I would like to begin by saying that you are very immature. Stop taking such little things to heart, it's a joke. Now, I would like to address a few points you have made in the statement I am quoting; Namely the religious value of it. I am not religious in any way, although a few years ago I used to be, but my opinion will still be as unbiased as I can make it. The "Raptor Jesus" is a joke, so learn to treat it as one. Is it Jesus Christ? No. Does it have a resemblance to Him? Yes, but it's all in good fun. Is this making fun of Christianity at all? No. It's a harmless joke.

You said that people everywhere bash Christianity more than any other religion, but have you not noticed what is going on just over the sea in Iraq? We make fun of their religion all the time with shitty imitation accents, referring to any Muslim we see as Mohammed, or the mass-burning of Quarans that happened not too long ago. Now, Christianity has been the cause of more wars than any other, of racial restrictions in the past, of mass-killing, etc. Christianity needs to be taken down a few pegs because of how evil and awful it is and how it's been built over the period of thousands of years and this Raptor Day is a good way to do it.

The Rapture is an idiotic idea anyways, or even the belief in God.
Rapture = people floating into the sky by a giant vacuum cleaner held by Jesus
God = The creator of everything, he s**t out everest. He governs if you're good or bad, and if you're bad, you'll get a spanking and a trip to the warmest beach resort imaginable.

Have fun with life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces