Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Lunatic

one, two.

The only real difference I can see is Legolas' looking a lot more stern and darker in complexion
in The Hobbit, in comparison to his LoTR days. His features are also slightly more defined, but
I think the difference isn't enough to warrant people complaining or carrying on.

The difference between LoTR Gandalf and The Hobbit is clear as day.

one, two.

Prosthetic should have been looked into for Gandalf, and de-aging sfx makeup. Although it's
not a easy boat to try getting into, when comparing these guys it's pretty obvious.

As someone else mentioned in the thread, though.. you can't change out Gandalf's actor
like you can't change out Legolas' actor. They are iconic for their roles, and people would be
more distracted and upset seeing someone new in comparison to seeing a new Bilbo.

Dapper Dabbler

10,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Pet Lover 100
I thought it was refreshing and naice to see a familiar face in the franchise, regardless of how different he looks!
My fav part was when he was questioning gloin about his "hideous monstrosity" of a son. The whole time I was like LOL you two will be biffles one day.

Girl

It wouldn't be a good idea to use a different actor because you'll recall that elves age very slowly. In a perfect world Legolas would have looked the same. Honestly, I didn't notice the difference myself. I'll have to look harder next time

Ruthless Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
There was definitely something about Legolas in this movie that was disconcerting to me. I am not sure what it was, but it was something that put me off throughout the entire movie. I'm pretty sure it was in his coloring, as opposed to his age.
I actually think it's okay that Legolas was a bit plumper in The Hobbit usually because when you're younger you do tend to be rounder rather then lean, it gave him a nice baby face.

The main difference to me is that he did seem a much darker character in the Hobbit then he was in LOTR.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff