18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity
Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity
My guess is if you don't like the sequel, you won't like the prequel, but that's just a guess.

Out of curiosity, who don't you like LOTR?

I actually don't like battle/action/hours of walking/magicalish movies.
Then what do you like?

funny movies. awkward humor. documentaries. independent films. ya know movies besides harry potter DO exist.

see this person here have the similar taste of movie like me and to make them watch a 3 hour movie just seem difficult.

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Mayor Gravity
My guess is if you don't like the sequel, you won't like the prequel, but that's just a guess.

It's not WHO i don't like from the film, it's just the general of not liking the whole thing. I just get bored of the Lord of the ring after trying for 15 minutes to watch it.

Clean Wolf

1kaz
Mayor Gravity

It's not WHO i don't like from the film, it's just the general of not liking the whole thing. I just get bored of the Lord of the ring after trying for 15 minutes to watch it.

Well then, I've found your problem. You can't just expect excitement right off the bat. You have to build into it. Of course you're not going to have action and romance and tension within the first fifteen minutes; That's when you're getting to know the characters, the world. You're being set up to be more involved with the story than ever.

Vicious Fatcat

I didn't see the movie but I actually think you might. "The Hobbit" as a book was much more fit for everyone than the LOTR trilogy, it's just a cute little adventure tale, featuring all kinds of aspects of fantasy. but obviously if you hate fantasy and adventure you'll suffer. I'm just not sure it was clever to make it a three-hour one, that's kinda scary.

Blessed Foe

7,700 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
1kaz
Grave Hellkite
If you didn't enjoy The Lord of the Rings then I think it's safe to say that you won't care for The Hobbit either.

Thank you for your certainty

No problem. Though I hope that you'll be pleasantly surprised if you go see it with your friends.

Familiar Fatcat

GoldFishSock
I didn't see the movie but I actually think you might. "The Hobbit" as a book was much more fit for everyone than the LOTR trilogy, it's just a cute little adventure tale, featuring all kinds of aspects of fantasy. but obviously if you hate fantasy and adventure you'll suffer. I'm just not sure it was clever to make it a three-hour one, that's kinda scary.
There's actually going to be three movies. emotion_dowant

The only problem about comparing The Hobbit book to the LOTR books as a way to compare the movies is the fact that a lot of people who read the LOTR books and watched the movies preferred the movies to the books. (wow that was a wonderful sentence.) So to say someone might like The Hobbit movie(s) more that the LOTR movies because The Hobbit book was a nicer adventure tale could be inaccurate.

But who knows, you could be right. emotion_c8

In fact, I hope you are, because that means more fans for this glorious movie.

Vicious Fatcat

Optional Cake
GoldFishSock
There's actually going to be three movies. emotion_dowant

The only problem about comparing The Hobbit book to the LOTR books as a way to compare the movies is the fact that a lot of people who read the LOTR books and watched the movies preferred the movies to the books. (wow that was a wonderful sentence.) So to say someone might like The Hobbit movie(s) more that the LOTR movies because The Hobbit book was a nicer adventure tale could be inaccurate.

But who knows, you could be right. emotion_c8

In fact, I hope you are, because that means more fans for this glorious movie.

I just think that three shorter parts would seem more appealing for people who did not like LOTR. of course it's awesome for me as a fan, but I just don't think it's this kind of movie that requires so many details, but that's a meter of personal preference.
I see what you're trying to say about inaccuracy but if The Hobbit as a book was preferred by the general public rather than The LOTR books than it's only natural (although not granted) that they movies will be as well. obviously I'm not saying a word about devoted fans. The big hole in my theory is that not many of that "general public" have read the book. neutral

Feral Cat

1kaz
Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity
Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity

Then what do you like?

funny movies. awkward humor. documentaries. independent films. ya know movies besides harry potter DO exist.

see this person here have the similar taste of movie like me and to make them watch a 3 hour movie just seem difficult.

five cheers for similarities! and mutual, i can't really sit still for 3 hours to save my life, but i couldn't bare lord of the rings. it's just kind of boring, and lots of walking, and confusion.

Questionable Borg

Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity
Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity

Then what do you like?

I'm aware -_-, I was just curious.

Questionable Borg

1kaz
Mayor Gravity

A movie isn't typically good until 30-40m, just sayin....in 15m you haven't even begun the character development.

Familiar Fatcat

GoldFishSock
Optional Cake
I just think that three shorter parts would seem more appealing for people who did not like LOTR. of course it's awesome for me as a fan, but I just don't think it's this kind of movie that requires so many details, but that's a meter of personal preference.
I see what you're trying to say about inaccuracy but if The Hobbit as a book was preferred by the general public rather than The LOTR books than it's only natural (although not granted) that they movies will be as well. obviously I'm not saying a word about devoted fans. The big hole in my theory is that not many of that "general public" have read the book. neutral
Yes, that's true. People who don't like spread out movies obviously aren't going to like The Hobbit or LOTR. It would indeed be more appealing for them had they done it as a shorter story.

That could be true. That's my whole point. It could be true. But I'm saying that since many LOTR fans enjoyed the movies more so than the books, the level of enjoyment of the LOTR movies versus The Hobbit book would probably be the same when compared to the LOTR books for those people.
Something else to take into consideration is the idea that perhaps The Hobbit movie will not be enjoyed so much more than the book, as was the truth for many with LOTR.

There's definitely different components to both that different people will find enjoyable; Some people who like LOTR might not like The Hobbit, and vice versa.

And yes, there's always that hole... but there's a hole in every theory; otherwise, the theory would be fact.

Familiar Fatcat

Lady Vicieuxx
ya know movies besides harry potter DO exist.
User Image

Tone down the sass.

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Professor Periwinkle
1kaz
Mayor Gravity

Well then, I've found your problem. You can't just expect excitement right off the bat. You have to build into it. Of course you're not going to have action and romance and tension within the first fifteen minutes; That's when you're getting to know the characters, the world. You're being set up to be more involved with the story than ever.

Now that I had seen THE HOBBIT I love it

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Optional Cake
GoldFishSock
Optional Cake
Yes, that's true. People who don't like spread out movies obviously aren't going to like The Hobbit or LOTR. It would indeed be more appealing for them had they done it as a shorter story.

That could be true. That's my whole point. It could be true. But I'm saying that since many LOTR fans enjoyed the movies more so than the books, the level of enjoyment of the LOTR movies versus The Hobbit book would probably be the same when compared to the LOTR books for those people.
Something else to take into consideration is the idea that perhaps The Hobbit movie will not be enjoyed so much more than the book, as was the truth for many with LOTR.

There's definitely different components to both that different people will find enjoyable; Some people who like LOTR might not like The Hobbit, and vice versa.

And yes, there's always that hole... but there's a hole in every theory; otherwise, the theory would be fact.

I actually did enjoy myself whist watching it

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Lady Vicieuxx
1kaz
Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity
Lady Vicieuxx
Mayor Gravity

Then what do you like?

five cheers for similarities! and mutual, i can't really sit still for 3 hours to save my life, but i couldn't bare lord of the rings. it's just kind of boring, and lots of walking, and confusion.

I actually enjoy the Hobbit, guess I'm easily amused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces