Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
No, this isn't about what happens to it in second movie. But I have noticed something and it is bothering me. After watching the Hobbit (the first movie) I re-watched the Lord of the Rings, and I noticed.. He was holding Radagast's staff in the Fellowship. How does he get the staff? oA o I'm just over by myself wondering HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN??? Are they going to kill Radagast? Am I the only who's noticed this? The fate of Gandalf's staff in the Hobbit tells us he is going to need a new one..

Here is Radagast and Gandalf in the Hobbit:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And here is Gandalf from the Fellowship of the Ring:

It is the same staff Radagast is holding in the image above!
I only noticed when Gandalf put a crystal in it, like Radagast does, in the mines of Moria..

I honestly don't remember the end of the Hobbit book, nor do I think this came up at all in the book. I can't help but wonder. I hope Radagast doesn't die, he's such a nice wizard. ; m;

Valiant Jackling

Who knows, but didn't Gandalf's staff break near the end of the the second Hobbit movie? He's gonna need a new one to start with xD

Tipsy Wench

I noticed that too. My theory is that Radagast is just going to give his staff to Gandalf and wash his hands of everyone else and go disappear into the wilderness with nature and animals and never be seen or heard from again. I just really hope they don't kill him off. I kinda like Radagast.

Fashionable Lunatic

Erailea
Who knows, but didn't Gandalf's staff break near the end of the the second Hobbit movie? He's gonna need a new one to start with xD
Could you brief us about this?

I don't remember anything about staff-switching.

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Vertigo_Kiwi
I noticed that too. My theory is that Radagast is just going to give his staff to Gandalf and wash his hands of everyone else and go disappear into the wilderness with nature and animals and never be seen or heard from again. I just really hope they don't kill him off. I kinda like Radagast.

I like your theoryy. It seems like a nice way for Radagast to go, and not all full of peril like my thoughts. ;w ; I can't wait for the third movie so they tell us, if they do, what will happen. That reminds me of Tom Bombadil choose to live his life, in the woods away from it all.

Valiant Jackling

Hidden Gnomes
Erailea

in books? Non existent. In the second movie, right near the end, however, the Necromancer burns Gandalf's staff to a crisp, lest my memory deceives me (which is possible since I've only seen the movie once, at the midnight premier). So if the staff did break he'll need a new one in the next movie. Either from Ratagast or another source (the staff is slightly different from Gandalf's in LOTR, not as long in accent décor at the top)

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Hidden Gnomes
Erailea

Gandalf fought the "Necromancer", and the necromancer pretty much burned Gandalf's staff to cinders. Now he has no staff, by the end of the second movie. He somehow gets a new before LotR takes place.

Lover

The staffs don't really look alike to me. Radagast's staff has longer branches at the top that are more spread out compared to the staff Gandalf wields in the Fellowship.

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
noruiwen
      The staffs don't really look alike to me. Radagast's staff has longer branches at the top that are more spread out compared to the staff Gandalf wields in the Fellowship.

They won't have the same exact staff for the movies 10 years later, but it is pretty much the same staff, not in specific detail. I can tell it's not exactly alike.

Shy Explorer

White Rider Pestilence
Gandalf fought the "Necromancer", and the necromancer pretty much burned Gandalf's staff to cinders. Now he has no staff, by the end of the second movie. He somehow gets a new before LotR takes place.

Yeah! I almost forgot that detail up until now, so yeah, he'll definitely need a new staff. Before, I thought that since the staff was made up of magic it couldn't be completely destroyed for some reason, but apparently it can! xD

Elfin Guildsman

White Rider Pestilence
No, this isn't about what happens to it in second movie. But I have noticed something and it is bothering me. After watching the Hobbit (the first movie) I re-watched the Lord of the Rings, and I noticed.. He was holding Radagast's staff in the Fellowship. How does he get the staff? oA o I'm just over by myself wondering HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN??? Are they going to kill Radagast? Am I the only who's noticed this? The fate of Gandalf's staff in the Hobbit tells us he is going to need a new one..

I only noticed when Gandalf put a crystal in it, like Radagast does, in the mines of Moria..

I honestly don't remember the end of the Hobbit book, nor do I think this came up at all in the book. I can't help but wonder. I hope Radagast doesn't die, he's such a nice wizard. ; m;

I just finished the book. ANd in it the narrator only says that Gandalf's adventure is for another story. Althought he only tells Bilbo later on that he went to meet with his brotherhood. He doesn't give any details.

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
or maybe he'll just get another staff in whatever way he got his first one.
it's an interesting detail, though.
i don't see it impossible that they'd have something in mind for the movie.

Fashionable Lunatic

Erailea
Hidden Gnomes
Erailea

in books? Non existent. In the second movie, right near the end, however, the Necromancer burns Gandalf's staff to a crisp, lest my memory deceives me (which is possible since I've only seen the movie once, at the midnight premier). So if the staff did break he'll need a new one in the next movie. Either from Ratagast or another source (the staff is slightly different from Gandalf's in LOTR, not as long in accent décor at the top)
Ah. I remember now. Let's cross our fingers for Radagast.

Manly Lunatic

Vertigo_Kiwi

They can't kill him off... that would destroy the whole story, since he is meant to be in Lord of the Rings... not The Hobbit...

Manly Lunatic

XiaDoh-Ichii
White Rider Pestilence

I just finished the book. ANd in it the narrator only says that Gandalf's adventure is for another story. Althought he only tells Bilbo later on that he went to meet with his brotherhood. He doesn't give any details.

The extra stuff that isn't in the book is based on the Lord of the Rings books Appendices. Look at the Timeline stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff