Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone read Piers Anthony's Tarot trilogy ?
Or Tim Powers' Last Call ?

Those inspired me to buy a Tarot deck.
But I find the long cards make it very hard to do a riffle shuffle, let alone deal from the bottom.
Fargloh
Anyone read Piers Anthony's Tarot trilogy ?
Or Tim Powers' Last Call ?

Those inspired me to buy a Tarot deck.
But I find the long cards make it very hard to do a riffle shuffle, let alone deal from the bottom.
Yeah, I just deal from the top. It doesn't really matter.
If i thought it was all fake it wouldn't bother me. It Cause I think they might be real i'm concerned.
If the tarot cards tell you that something is going to happen, what is it that knows its going to happen and WHY is it telling you. knowledge of the future can lead you to act in ways that you wouldn't otherwise have done. we all know how people can selectively choose information so that you can have a positive or negative view of something. similarly this could be done with an intended action - something ends up controlling what you do and you dont know what that thing is. I don't like it
A few nights ago me, and a very very very close friend, who I have not seen in along time, did a experiment! She asked me if tarot worked over the net. I did not think so, but just for fun, I got out my cards, and asked the cards for her, what her day would hold! I could not get the reading to her on time, she had to leave befor she could see it.
The next day wen she logged on, and looked at the reading, she said it was exactly what had happened to her! So I would like to know, if others have had stuff like this happen to them!

Wheezing Smoker

Dig_ophelia
Ilikepie4
Solvent Solution
Dig_ophelia
I believe the cards have the ability to read people, not really the future. People aren't necessarily boosted by the reading either. Often they are disappointed, but that's life.

I kinda agree with this, but then, I don't believe it is the cards but the person doing the Tariot reading. Try this, go to a Tariot reader you have never meet. Dress up for the occassion in something you have never dressed in before as well as behave in a manner that doesn't usually suit your personality. Let he/she do your reading and she how accurate she/he will be.

I've done this, they aren't accurate at all.
Like I said before, if you have to PAY for a reading, the reader is disobeying a sort of set law for tarot and imediately loses the ability to utilize them. So, they fake it.

I've done it before with someone who didn't charge, but was a firm believer in tariots. They failed.
I can't believe no-one appreciated my awesome story. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces