Welcome to Gaia! ::

Midori Perfume
So I got my permit about a week and a half ago and have been practicing driving with a parent.

My mom tells me you cannot use your left foot when driving. I'm really tempted to, so I tuck my left leg under my right. Like my left foot is by my right thigh... can you imagine it?

She and others have told me it's not okay to do this and I have to learn to just leave my left foot alone on the side. Whenever I put my left foot down, I either want to use it or feel really uncomfortable.

I was wondering why doing this is bad? Is it illegal? Will I get marked off on the driving test if I do this?It makes me feel so much more confident and comfortable when I do it. I live in California and am 19 if that helps any!
You use your left foot for the clutch and clutch only, other than that indeed let it sit to the left of the pedals as that is the safest position for that foot to be in.
If your leg is folded underneath your other leg the steering column might shatter your knee and thigh at a frontal colission and also your knee will take a side impact head on without room to flex anymore.

That said though on long stretches of highway I too just put my left foot where it's most comfortable :'D
For test purposes, to the left of the pedals or you will fail.

Sure, rally drivers and some racing drivers left foot brake, but that is advanced car controll at speeds not suited for the open road.

No, I can't be bothered to read the entire thread.

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
If you use your left foot you'll get confused with using both feet and wont know whats what. At least thats how my mom explained it.
Try using your right foot from now on, and just your right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff