Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

Porsche, Ford FACT, BMW, Mini programs are called STEP I believe. Was a while ago so info might have changed or I might have remembered wrong. To get into those programs you have to meet certain requirements. GPA has to be a certain level, professionalism, and attendance all counts. Also driving record, etc. Now I'm not sure if Porsche pays for your expenses. I dont want to give you the wrong information.

One thing I do have to say that makes UTI better than the other schools is their employment office. Yes, they will help you find jobs while you're going to school AND they'll even help you after you graduate. You can just stop by years after you graduate and they'll still help you. I think Snap-On gives UTI students 1/2 off and a few other pretty neat perks.

I just took the basic Auto. I didnt bother going to FACT, or SMOG, or Diesel.
Ahh. So to me it seems like you just need to play you cards correctly.

Benefits:
Designed to train high-quality technicians for Porsche dealers.
Work with the Boxster, Carrera Coupe/Convertible & 911 Twin Turbo.
Tuition paid by Porsche Cars North America.
The catch is I don't think they pay off your 51 week course they only pay the 21 week post grad.

The only place they offer this at is in Atlanta Georgia
I see an upside: Once you complete that a dealership would rather hire a Porsche technician that some joe shmoe

Now maybe you can answer this.
Are they talking about high school GPA and attendance, or does that start day one at UTI?!
Because I ummm......Yah I have been sick 3/4 of this year :L

I still have awhile to look into these loopholes blaugh

Qualifications for Porsche:
Acceptance to an MSAT Program is an honor offered only to those that have a high GPA, stellar attendance and a clean motor vehicle record. You must also pass an entrance exam, drug test and interview. MSAT students may have to relocate, but pay no additional tuition and gain skills that set them apart in their fields.

Its definitely the 21 week program they're talking about. The first 51 week is what the $31k is. Then as you add electives or programs, it goes up from there.

They're talking about the UTI GPA, which means the first 51 weeks.
He told amazing stories I should have asked what all they did to get that much money in such a short amount of time. I feel now after hearing from numerous people different scenario's of what can happen after graduating he was either lying to me or exaggerated the hell out of the possibilities. When something sounds good to be true it is! But i'm thinking long-term and hopefully it will be a rewarding career not only from the money but knowledge I receive. Hmmm, so were you able to pay off you loans in a timely manner (you don't have to answer). I don't want to crowd you with questions it's just that my mother and sister are not supporting me in any-way...For starters they never did but I want to prove them wrong :>

Hes not lieing per say, its definitely possible, but not all that common. Its an awesome field to go into if you're into cars, definitely rewarding. In the long term if you stick with it and do your ASEs, go to your dealer schools, you'll become a master tech and make ton of money.

I'm still paying off my debts as of now. I graduated not that long ago.
What Is ASE?

Industry standard tests. Not as important as the MCAT or the BAR, but pretty important certifications to have if you plan on working in the field.

https://www.ase.com/Home.aspx
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

Hes not lieing per say, its definitely possible, but not all that common. Its an awesome field to go into if you're into cars, definitely rewarding. In the long term if you stick with it and do your ASEs, go to your dealer schools, you'll become a master tech and make ton of money.

What Is ASE?

National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Levis Pennae
Getting an education is almost always an excellent investment. Following UTI you might look into getting a basic associates degree in business management at your local community college (might cost 6K over the two years probably less). With both of those you can write your own ticket.
That is a very good idea would it make more sense to get an associates before attending so you would have it all under your belt?

Bad idea. I actually did exactly that. If you have a degree, FAFSA would not pay towards trade school. I found that out the hard way since I went right after I graduated college. For the first part of the year, FAFSA covered it, but they denied it to me the next year because I already have a college degree.

That's why I would suggest community college for an associates degree. At ~$1500 a semester with no financial aid what so ever it's a pretty good investment.

No Results Found's Significant Otter

Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

Porsche, Ford FACT, BMW, Mini programs are called STEP I believe. Was a while ago so info might have changed or I might have remembered wrong. To get into those programs you have to meet certain requirements. GPA has to be a certain level, professionalism, and attendance all counts. Also driving record, etc. Now I'm not sure if Porsche pays for your expenses. I dont want to give you the wrong information.

One thing I do have to say that makes UTI better than the other schools is their employment office. Yes, they will help you find jobs while you're going to school AND they'll even help you after you graduate. You can just stop by years after you graduate and they'll still help you. I think Snap-On gives UTI students 1/2 off and a few other pretty neat perks.

Benefits:
The catch is I don't think they pay off your 51 week course they only pay the 21 week post grad.

I see an upside: Once you complete that a dealership would rather hire a Porsche technician that some joe shmoe

Are they talking about high school GPA and attendance, or does that start day one at UTI?!

Acceptance to an MSAT Program is an honor offered only to those that have a high GPA, stellar attendance and a clean motor vehicle record. You must also pass an entrance exam, drug test and interview. MSAT students may have to relocate, but pay no additional tuition and gain skills that set them apart in their fields.

Its definitely the 21 week program they're talking about. The first 51 week is what the $31k is. Then as you add electives or programs, it goes up from there.

He told amazing stories I should have asked what all they did to get that much money in such a short amount of time. I feel now after hearing from numerous people different scenario's of what can happen after graduating he was either lying to me or exaggerated the hell out of the possibilities. When something sounds good to be true it is! But i'm thinking long-term and hopefully it will be a rewarding career not only from the money but knowledge I receive. Hmmm, so were you able to pay off you loans in a timely manner (you don't have to answer). I don't want to crowd you with questions it's just that my mother and sister are not supporting me in any-way...For starters they never did but I want to prove them wrong :>

What Is ASE?
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

You're talking about a tech with years under his belt.. Its not so for a freshly UTI grad.

Lets see, $31k to go to school and most UTI grads have student loans to pay back (ie after FAFSA, grants, etc.)
Tools can run up to another $30k depending on the dealership/shop you work at and the brand of tools you purchase. I have co-workers that swear up and down on Snap-On.
Being an entry level tech coming out of UTI means you're probably doing porter for a few months before even becoming a lube tech.
Lube tech are almost always paid hourly rather than flat rate. It'd be only like 0.2 - 0.3 anyways, so wouldnt be worth it. Average lube tech gets paid only $10/hr.
ASE are like $40 to register and $12 a pop (not sure if thats changed).
More to get SMOG license or inspection license of your home state.

How long do you think it will take for you to pay back all that debt? Did I also mention UTI dont have any dorms, so that means you need to get an apartment, secure transportation and living expenses.

Yes, I did go to UTI. I didnt realize what I paid for was not worth it until I started working in the field. I was just as confused when my service manager at the shop I worked at before I went told me that I shouldn't go to UTI. I thought he did that just so he can have me doing entry level jobs for low pay, but now I realized what he meant.

I'm not knocking on UTI at all, its a great school and I learned a hell of a lot. But for $35k thats way overpriced, thats my only complaint.
Oh, thank you for elaborating and explaining your situation. I am very thankful someone who wen there replied! Am I correct Porsche does pay your moving expenses and student loans. I live in Elk Grove UTI is fairly close no more that a 20 minute drive. Do they help you find a job during the rest of your time? The dude told me that, "we will assist you in finding a part-time job". I replied, "in California's lack of jobs where would they be working"? o______O;;

What did you study their?

Benefits:

Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

You're talking about a tech with years under his belt.. Its not so for a freshly UTI grad.

Lets see, $31k to go to school and most UTI grads have student loans to pay back (ie after FAFSA, grants, etc.)
Tools can run up to another $30k depending on the dealership/shop you work at and the brand of tools you purchase. I have co-workers that swear up and down on Snap-On.
Being an entry level tech coming out of UTI means you're probably doing porter for a few months before even becoming a lube tech.
Lube tech are almost always paid hourly rather than flat rate. It'd be only like 0.2 - 0.3 anyways, so wouldnt be worth it. Average lube tech gets paid only $10/hr.

How long do you think it will take for you to pay back all that debt? Did I also mention UTI dont have any dorms, so that means you need to get an apartment, secure transportation and living expenses.

Yes, I did go to UTI. I didnt realize what I paid for was not worth it until I started working in the field. I was just as confused when my service manager at the shop I worked at before I went told me that I shouldn't go to UTI. I thought he did that just so he can have me doing entry level jobs for low pay, but now I realized what he meant.

I'm not knocking on UTI at all, its a great school and I learned a hell of a lot. But for $35k thats way overpriced, thats my only complaint.
Oh, thank you for elaborating and explaining your situation. I am very thankful someone who wen there replied! Am I correct Porsche does pay your moving expenses and student loans. I live in Elk Grove UTI is fairly close no more that a 20 minute drive. Do they help you find a job during the rest of your time? The dude told me that, "we will assist you in finding a part-time job". I replied, "in California's lack of jobs where would they be working"? o______O;;

Benefits:

Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Honestly none of them is worth the amount of money you're spending. $31k is rediculus for for a trade school.

But if you're dead set on going to one, UTI is the best one out there. I believe the 2nd ranked is Lincoln Tech.
That's very biased considering how much mechanics make a year.

Benefits:

Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Honestly none of them is worth the amount of money you're spending. $31k is rediculus for for a trade school.

But if you're dead set on going to one, UTI is the best one out there. I believe the 2nd ranked is Lincoln Tech.

Benefits:

Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

Benefits:

Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

Gill_Of_Octane
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

Dr Derange
Levis Pennae
Getting an education is almost always an excellent investment. Following UTI you might look into getting a basic associates degree in business management at your local community college (might cost 6K over the two years probably less). With both of those you can write your own ticket.
That is a very good idea would it make more sense to get an associates before attending so you would have it all under your belt?

Bad idea. I actually did exactly that. If you have a degree, FAFSA would not pay towards trade school. I found that out the hard way since I went right after I graduated college. For the first part of the year, FAFSA covered it, but they denied it to me the next year because I already have a college degree.
Dr Derange
Gill_Of_Octane

Chron0s
I've heard decent things about WyoTech as well. It's definitely not as popular as UTI; you hear about UTI every where. But, from what I hear, it's decent.
I know more about UTI because they have a booth setup every other monday for the last term of school. In addition they offer two different scholarships.
I've heard decent things about WyoTech as well. It's definitely not as popular as UTI; you hear about UTI every where. But, from what I hear, it's decent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff