Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Results Found's Significant Otter

Universal
Technical
Institute

About 31k for 51 weeks

then if you choose to further your knowledge Porsche may pick you up its like another 21 weeks
lol
Not from what I've heard, but I don't 100% never been there.

theothermanoverthere
Not from what I've heard, but I don't 100% never been there.
I heard that was itt no idea what that is but Im not impressed by wyotech

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

From what I've been told, yes
UTI is the only one I have heard positive on

Have you heard of Porsche, BMW or Merc supporting something that was bullshit?

They'll even teach you how to properly install a clutch

But for more info, ask Roofie Coolata, he graduated UTI
Crimmy Sun

They'll even teach you about stance and wheel fitment, I believe it's right after the clutch course.

Crimmy Sun

Hmm that user doesn't show up but thank you!

Chron0s
Crimmy Sun

They'll even teach you about stance and wheel fitment, I believe it's right after the clutch course.
Cool beans!

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Dr Derange
Crimmy Sun

Hmm that user doesn't show up but thank you!

Sorry, I forgot
It's Doctor Roofie now
Honestly none of them is worth the amount of money you're spending. $31k is rediculus for for a trade school.

But if you're dead set on going to one, UTI is the best one out there. I believe the 2nd ranked is Lincoln Tech.

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Getting an education is almost always an excellent investment. Following UTI you might look into getting a basic associates degree in business management at your local community college (might cost 6K over the two years probably less). With both of those you can write your own ticket.

Gill_Of_Octane
Honestly none of them is worth the amount of money you're spending. $31k is rediculus for for a trade school.

But if you're dead set on going to one, UTI is the best one out there. I believe the 2nd ranked is Lincoln Tech.
That's very biased considering how much mechanics make a year.

Levis Pennae
Getting an education is almost always an excellent investment. Following UTI you might look into getting a basic associates degree in business management at your local community college (might cost 6K over the two years probably less). With both of those you can write your own ticket.
That is a very good idea would it make more sense to get an associates before attending so you would have it all under your belt?

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Dr Derange
Levis Pennae
That is a very good idea would it make more sense to get an associates before attending so you would have it all under your belt?

I would do the business degree separate. This way you can get your foot in the door of an automotive shop and then work towards promotion with the associates degree. To be honest the Associates in Business is kind of useless by itself nowadays so it is best to have a skill in a particular field first.

Levis Pennae
Dr Derange
Levis Pennae

I would do the business degree separate. This way you can get your foot in the door of an automotive shop and then work towards promotion with the associates degree. To be honest the Associates in Business is kind of useless by itself nowadays so it is best to have a skill in a particular field first.
Oh ok and do you recommend I go to some dealerships and speedshops to get a headstart if I do end up going there? I have heard it's for mechanics who just want to polish their skills :L

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Dr Derange
Levis Pennae
Dr Derange
Levis Pennae

Oh ok and do you recommend I go to some dealerships and speedshops to get a headstart if I do end up going there? I have heard it's for mechanics who just want to polish their skills :L

If you're still on the fence about what you want to do it couldn't hurt to get a part time job as an oil change guy or a shop runner just to get a feel for the job. You could also ask where the technicians got their education.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff