Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
This problem happened to me before. Last time I accidentally left a light on inside the car, and it drained my battery. The fob wouldn't work with the battery dead so I had to manually unlock the door. Little did I know my car is set to make the alarm go off if you manually open it (wtf?). The only ways to turn of the alarm are to either lock the door with the fob (which isn't working) or press a certain button while turning on the car (Which I can't turn on with the battery dead). Also, the alarm will shut up if I leave the keys turned to #2 in the ignition, but I don't want to leave my keys in the car. How I solved this last time is I left the spare keys in the car to keep it quiet, and locked the car manually with my keys (So no one can get in, of course) Until my brother could come over and jump my car so I could turn off the alarm with the fob.

The problem is happening again, this time I don't know why the battery died (The battery is relatively new, too, only a few months old) And I have to wait until my mum gets home to jump it. Anyway, my question is, Is there anyway to turn off the alarm when the battery is dead?

My car is a 2001 Honda Civic if that helps.

Shirtless Businesswoman

lol Somehow I knew it would be a Civic when I saw a thread about car alarms.

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Doctor Roofie

Do they have problems with them a lot? Do you have any suggestions?

Shirtless Businesswoman

Fairee Lumineuse
Doctor Roofie

No, they're know for having hair trigger alarms, that go off even when the wind hits them, at all times of the night. I'm not too great with Honda's though, plus something like that seems like a privately installed job. Someone must have hacked that in there to avoid having to pay a professional to install a real alarm. My advice would be dish out the money and have someone that know what's going on remove the system and install one properly. I know those cars are prone to theft, so I wouldn't really be without it, be even if you decide to do without it, have some experienced handle it.

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Doctor Roofie
Fairee Lumineuse
Doctor Roofie

No, they're know for having hair trigger alarms, that go off even when the wind hits them, at all times of the night. I'm not too great with Honda's though, plus something like that seems like a privately installed job. Someone must have hacked that in there to avoid having to pay a professional to install a real alarm. My advice would be dish out the money and have someone that know what's going on remove the system and install one properly. I know those cars are prone to theft, so I wouldn't really be without it, be even if you decide to do without it, have some experienced handle it.

That's the thing, though. My car alarm NEVER goes off unless I manually open it or the battery is dead. I wonder if it would do any good against a robber. The car was originally my sisters, and she bought it new, without the alarm. After having it broken into she had an alarm installed by I believe the honda dealership. I remember after she got it done she was trying everything she could to make the alarm go off (Just to see it happen) without hurting the car, and it didn't work. I definitely am going to have a mechanic check out the alarm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff