Welcome to Gaia! ::

i'm not positive, but i think the battery in my car is shot and i'm looking to get a new one. i'm not 100% sure if it's the battery or the alternator though. the car takes a jump, but even if i let it run for a while, it won't start back up later. so i'm pretty sure the battery just isn't being charged anymore. also, it's only happened a couple of times, but sometimes the car will just randomly stop, even if it's running.

so like i said, i'm pretty sure the battery is just well past usable, but i'm just looking for some other opinions before i go drop the money to fix it.

7,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
it might be the battery cables

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Pull the ground wire while the car is running
Car will die if its the alternator, if it keeps running, it's the battery
Sounds like the battery has seen better days (or needs a charging). If it was the alternator, it would run for a few seconds and then shut off. I'm assuming that you can drive it around and it just won't start after being shut down.
roccomafia
Sounds like the battery has seen better days (or needs a charging). If it was the alternator, it would run for a few seconds and then shut off. I'm assuming that you can drive it around and it just won't start after being shut down.

that is correct. i got a new battery that i'm going to put in tomorrow, so hopefully i'll be mobile again!

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Bukumber
roccomafia

that is correct. i got a new battery that i'm going to put in tomorrow, so hopefully i'll be mobile again!

Still need to check the alternator, you'll just kill the battery if the alternator's no good
Crimmy Sun
Pull the ground wire while the car is running
Car will die if its the alternator, if it keeps running, it's the battery
^^^^yea befor you ******** up the new battery try this.
Crimmy Sun
Bukumber
roccomafia

Still need to check the alternator, you'll just kill the battery if the alternator's no good
i got you Valentin crim it was so sweet but I'm not sexily confused like you and I got a girl so no.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
Bukumber
roccomafia

i got you Valentin crim it was so sweet but I'm not sexily confused like you and I got a girl so no.

***** whu?
car works. emotion_dealwithit

thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out