Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
                            THERE AIN'T NO REST FOR THE WICKED THERE AIN'T NO REST FOR THE WICKED; MONEY DON'T GROW ON TREES
                            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                  carpevinu e r i k x l a u r i d s e n

He was up two hours before school started. He didn't want to be up two hours before school started, mind you; he'd much rather be snuggled within the depth of his blankets, dreaming about his make-belief first day of school. Unfortunately, that dream became reality way too quick, and behold! today was his first day of school. Technically, it wasn't, since he'd been to public schooling before long long long time ago (like ten years maybe), but it still felt like his first day. His stomach was doing flip flops while he flip flopped the pancakes for breakfast. And he didn't really like that feeling, because usually the only thing that could make him nervous was when his fathers gave him that look and that tone. He had almost gotten that tone from Dad earlier when he rolled over in bed and said five more minutes. However, years of living under strict guidelines had his a** out of bed in time.

Breakfast was wonderful. Truly wonderful. Pops was still grumbling about how not good of an idea this was (even though he agreed three months ago). Dad was grinning away and telling him how much fun he was going to have. Then they sat him down for a good half an hour and went over the basic rules of don't smoke, don't drink, don't let anyone influence you, and for God's sake, don't sleep in class -- oh and don't be stupid, make A's. Even though he got up two hours early, he ended up at school almost two hours late. Or at least, that was what it felt like. When he arrived on campus, there were already too many people around and well. s**t. Guess he had to make friends, because he didn't recognize anyone.

Dad kissed his cheek goodbye. Wished him a good day. Told him he'd be here to pick him up at three o'clock sharp. Erik told him okay, sure, whatever. Didn't really listen. Big mistake. But who cared? This was his first day of school, and he was going to have a blast. -- Now where exactly did he have to go? Well, inside, of course. Ha ha ha, oh ********, this was not going to be a fun day at school, because first of all, this wasn't even everyone's first day. It was everyone's fourth day or something. Apparently homeschooled kids got special treatment of starting late and embarrassing themselves thoroughly. Either that or, his parents didn't mark down the right day. Whatever it was, he was here days late. Fantastic.

What was this place anyway, the ******** Sahara Desert? There were no signs, no maps, no anything. He was having none of that, but at the same time, he didn't want to appear lost, so he just kinda -- walked around. Stopped. Turned right. Stopped again. Realized that he was back where he started. This place was a labyrinth, and if he didn't Icarus his way out of here, he was going to -- oh, look. The office. God bless. Dismissing all former thoughts, Erik stepped inside the quaint room and played the waiting game (something he had never been good at doing). After some time, the people in front finally moved out of his way, and seconds later, he found himself smiling at the receptionist. "I'm a new student here. Erik Lauridsen?" She peered at him over his spectacles. Probably judging his spots. Damn that lady. "You didn't get your schedule in the mail?" Well. "Uh -- no. I didn't." Dad more than likely threw it out, thinking it was junk mail (everything was junk mail to him). The lady tsked (wow, rude much?) and moved over to the computer. Several clicks later, she reached over to the printer, picked up a piece of paper, and handed it over to him. "Okay, next." Despite her rudeness, he said thanks.

And then got the ******** out, because he did not want to deal with rude people today. Now to find his first class -- AP Calculus BC. Where was that? Upstairs, downstairs -- wait. What the ********. AP? Advanced Placement? Excuse me? His parents enrolled him in advanced placement math. Were they insane? He was s**t at math. He was going to make a great first impression. Truly wonderful. With a huff, Erik turned down another hallway. Stopped again. Groaned. "Does anyone know how to navigate through these hallways? I need to get to Calculus! Uh, BC AP Calculus?" He glanced down at his schedule, then raised his voice again. "AP Calculus BC! Anyone?" By the looks he was already getting, he assumed yelling out for help wasn't a thing around here. Oh well. Worth a shot.

tab ooc: sorry for uh pretty much everything orz i'll get a better posting format soon maybe ; v;

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Brad (Fiore)

but I must face myself, my reflection is hell
it may look pure to you, but no I see right through
all the sweat and the tears I have patterned for years
as I reach for the stars

Brad listened to Bobby's response, nodding at the name of the character, his eyebrows lightly raised toward the end. This had probably been the most words the freshman had said to him in the past week. Honestly, he never expected much. Bobby seemed quiet all around, but it looked like books were definitely his sweet spot. He might have to remember that for future classes. Usually, he didn't mind any relative quiet that might settle between them and Declan, but if things ever did get too quiet, he would have a topic to deploy--maybe one he couldn't actively participate in, but he didn't mind listening anyway.

"Is it still just as good after the first time?" Brad asked neutrally. "I mean, you already know who did it. Doesn't that take away a lot of the enjoyment?" He shrugged. Hopefully, Bobby wouldn't try to take that the wrong way, but that was how he viewed it. Maybe he could see someone re-reading or re-watching something for nostalgia, but otherwise, he didn't see the point. Knowing what happened always ruined it for him. There had been one or two times in the past when a friend had asked him to watch a movie that he, if not both of them, had already seen, and it was dreadful. It felt like such a waste of time when he could have been doing something more worthwhile.

A moment after Bobby had a chance to respond, the bell rang. Brad glanced in the direction he knew the closest clock to be in, though he couldn't see it through the shelves. That was okay. It was more just a subconscious gesture. "Well, it looks like it's time for class. I'll see you sixth period." He offered Bobby a small smile before walking past him. Out in the hall, he let himself get lost in the sea of faces, his hands tucked into his pockets, his head bowed. He didn't feel like making eye contact with anyone. Bobby had been enough for now. He made a beeline for AP Calculus. It wasn't far, so he made it in under a minute. Two students were there already--one junior and a senior he didn't know well. He didn't speak to them, just went to his assigned seat, which was, thankfully, in the front row. It was the best spot for him to be. He could pay attention and be, for the most part, oblivious to anything else for the next fifty minutes.

Outfit

ooc
                                                Sorry for the wait. Hopefully this will get things moving again. And I finally got around to fixing Brad's picture!

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
User Image

The corners of Bobby's mouth quirked slightly, the closest he usually got to people that he wasn't familair with. Brad's question hadn't offended him; if anything, it was one that he enjoyed answering. "Not really," he said as he turned the book over in his hands, "Once you know who it was, reading it again is like reading it for the first time. You pick up on the little details that seemed indignificant at first, but now suddenly make sense and are so, so important to the story." You really couldn't read a Sherlock Holmes story just once. It was something that had to be read over and over again, to discover new layers of meaning in the storytelling. He might have carried on in that vein of conversation if the bell had not chosen that moment to ring. Bobby glanced at the time and realized that he and Brad had been talking for far longer than he realized. The scrawny freshman had to give himself a pat on the back for managing to actually hold a conversation with another person.

"Right, sixth period. Bye!" he called to the elder student as Brad took off. The smile that had been threatening to bloom finally spread over Bobby's face as he headed out into the hallway. He had spoken with someone, an older student, without making a complete idiot of himself! Bobby quickly checked the book out from the librarian, then hurried through the crowded hallways to his first class of the day. AP Biology, one of his favourite classes. Bobby had tested out of the usual freshman science and math classes, placing him in AP Biology and calculus with mostly upperclassmen. This man his science and math classes difficult, socially speaking. He sat up front, as near to the teacher's desk as he could, so that he could avoid getting picked on by the rest of the class. Bobby set his textbook and notebook on the desk as he sat back and waited for the classe to begin. Already he was looking forward to cooking class that afternoon.

Bobby Is
With: No one || Where: AP Biology || Doing: Learning || Wearing: School Clothes

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Jason Garder

take my eyes from me
'cause i don't want to see

----------------------------------------

Jason strayed from his locker after he was all set for his first two classes of the day, but he didn't get too far. Another senior called out to him, so he stopped to talk, making sure they stood off to the side to stay out of everyone's way. He tried to be considerate about that, knowing how much it annoyed him personally. Not long after, a few others joined them. At that point, his friends carried the brunt of the conversation, but he still had plenty to say, fortunately without sparking any arguments. Jason rarely kept his mouth shut when he disagreed about something. Sometimes those instances could get out of hand. He didn't like it when that happened, not exactly, but he would never hold his tongue just because someone wouldn't like what he had to say.

The remaining minutes before first period went quickly, or at least it felt that way to him. After saying a few more words to his friends, Jason turned away from them and started down the hall. He had AP English to get to. They were covering The Odyssey right now. He would rather read something else, but he would tolerate it since he didn't have much of a choice. On his way, Jason spotted Grant. He almost thought about saying something to him, but he noticed the ear buds. In that case, he would leave him alone. They weren't that close anyway. Jason thought he was an alright guy. They just hadn't talked enough yet for him to think of Grant as a friend. If the guy wanted to talk, it could wait until they were both in the classroom, if there was enough time to squeeze in a few words.

After turning the corner and walking past a few doors, Jason arrived at the room. He walked on in, sitting somewhere in the middle. The front row was too nerdy for his taste. He cared about his grades, but he could pay attention from any spot in the room. People could be distracting, but he had no problems telling his neighbors to shut up. He had done it a few times before--sometimes even to the teacher's chagrin. Apparently, even though he tried to do it without being a distraction himself, some of them had issues with him trying to help enforce the rules. It must have been a power thing.

tear my skin off of me
'cause i don't want to feel anything at all

Outfit

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
User Image

The bell rang before he could get an answer from Declan on his sky-surfing and the story behind it. Henry sighed in annoyance as he sat up and muttered, "That bell. Always going off at the most inopportune times!" He shrugged and got to his feet, offering a hand to help Declan up. At least they had their first hour class together, right? They could walk there together and keep up their conversation. Henry stuffed his forgotten German homework into his backpack, realizing with a shock that he was missing something important for his class. He swore out loud and slung his backpack over his shoulder. "I'll meet you in English," he said, "I forgot my book in my locker. Save me a seat if you get there first, 'kay?" He smiled at Declan, then took off for the school at a jog. He would have the crap luck to be assigned a locker on the other side of the room from the English classroom. At least I'm getting my exercise, he thought as he ducked and weaved through the hallways crowded with people.

Henry made it to his locker and dialed in the combination, popping the door open. He grabbed his copy of The Odyssey off the top shelf and stuffed it in his backpack, slamming the door shut behind him. By then the halls had started to empty as people made it to their classes. He walked as quickly as he could towards the English wing of the school. The last thing that he needed was to get pegged with a late slip because some teacher had decided to get after him for running in the halls. Dammit, why did he have to have the class farthest from his locker first thing in the morning? Henry grumbled to himself as he ran up the stairs, making it through the door of the AP English classroom just as the bell rang. He grinned and gave himself a mental pat on the back before snagging the first empty desk that he could find.

Henry set the book on the desk and settled in for class. Despite his slacker reputation, English was one of Henry's favourite classes and The Odyssey was a title he had gotten very absorbed in. The tale of Odysseus's epic journey home had been fertile ground for Henry's often over-active imagination. He was actually a few chapters ahead of where they were in the class reading. That was why he'd left the book at home the night before, to keep from getting too far ahead. It would suck to finish the story and end up stuck waiting for the rest of the class to catch up.

Henry Is
With: Peeps || Where: AP English || Doing: Chillin' || Wearing: Average Slacker

Dapper Roisterer

User Image

❁ Declan Davenport ❁
                                                                      - - - The Awkward Athlete - - -

The fun thing about Henry was trying to get inside his head and think the way he thought. Declan was always listening to him and trying to imagine things the way he did. He knew that most people just blew Henry off and didn't pay attention to his ramblings but Declan wasn't like most people. Getting into Henry's headspace was fun for him. Toxic water. Floating cities. Sky ships. Yes it all sounded really fun and exciting to him. He was nodding his head along with Henry's words, thinking them over and picturing them. The male suddenly wanted to paint a picture of something like brass castles floating along the clouds, like islands in the sky. He was about to say something about it, thinking about what else the thought needed, when the bell rang. He sighed and watched as Henry got up, a little happy that his head wasn't on his lap anymore...because it was turning him on. He took Henry's hand and got up, bending to grab his backpack before he slung it over his shoulders. Henry took off saying something about needing to get his book and running away. "Yeah I'll save you a seat!" He called after Henry then started towards his AP English class. Not only was Henry in class with him, so was his buddy Jason. Jason and Declan were in all kinds of sports together and the both of them were pretty sociable with each other. He liked Jason because the guy was laid back and pretty easy to talk to.

He got to class and his eyes immediately locked on Jason, giving him a smile before he sat next to the guy and put his backpack in the other seat next to him, saved for Henry. The middle was a good place for the two of them too because Declan shared Henry's enthusiasm for the class but it was also concealed enough for any goofing off Henry was prone to along with the chastising that Declan inevitably gave him for it. Not to mention Declan could also talk with Jason, his other buddy. He gave Jason a playful punch in the arm, smiling at him. "How's it going?" Declan asked before reaching over to his backpack, grabbing his journal and the book they were going over. The Odyssey by Homer. Declan already finished the book. He read it over the summer but was sure not to spoil anything for anybody else. He hated when people did things like that to him. But if he read ahead over the summer that gave him more time to do sports and dance in the evenings. "Want to play some tennis soon? I'm ready to win again." He jabbed, teasing Jason. Declan had to admit he had a thing for Jason. Then again, Declan had a thing for a few guys but Jason, Brad, and Henry were the top three. Which one did he like the most? He couldn't say and he was too far in the closet to see what it would be like with any one of them. Thus he was reduced to writing his name with their last names in his diary and talking to Mona about them. It wasn't long before Henry arrived and took the seat on the other side of Declan.

He immediately turned to Henry and started talking to him. "So I was thinking. Humanity would have had to create a material that was...hydrophobic or something so it could float on the clouds easily without expending energy trying to stay in the air. Ships could be made out of that material, surfboards, and people could wear it on them too or have the material in suits they wear so if they fall they don't fall to their deaths. That's how you can swim easy too. It's just like water." He said, elaborating on Henry's idea. "You think that would work?" Sure it was Henry who started things but that didn't mean Declan couldn't join in. He then turned to Jason and started explaining. "Henry was talking about Cloud Surfing earlier and how it could happen." They had a little more time to talk before the teacher walked in, the last few students hustled to their desks, and everyone began talking about the Epic Poem.
                                                                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------

“I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

Location: High School
                                                                      Status: AP English
                                                                      With: Henry, Jason, Grant

Adorable Snack

xxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

layout still not final lol
                                User Image

• Grant arrived at his locker and opened it, throwing his backpack inside. He got the books he needed and grabbed two pens, stuffing them both in his jacket pocket. One for note-taking and the other for doodling. Sometimes drawing things while he took notes helped him learn. It was kind of like if he wrote something important down and then drew, for example, a tree sprouting apples, then later on he'd think to himself and go Hey, I remember those notes. I drew a tree beside them.

To be completely honest, it was really stupid and childish, but he always did this. It was a habit.

Grant closed his locker and began walking to class, but stopped and thought to himself. Maybe I should go to the vending machine? I've still got a little bit of time. I think. He scurried to one of the closest vending machines and got himself a candy bar. He opened it and took a bite. He sighed, thinking to himself. Why was Jason looking at me earlier? He probably wanted to punch me. He probably wants to punch everyone. He looks so mean. Ugh, look at that guy's shoes. Are you kidding me? Why are they so big and bulky? I'd buy some new shoes if I were him. Oh, the bell.

The bell rung and Grant made his way to AP English, walking in and avoiding eye contact, something that he did everyday during freshman year, sophomore year and junior year. He hated the fact that he admits that he wants friends, but he just doesn't like anyone enough to try to get to know them. Maybe I'm a misanthropist? No, that couldn't be. Now I'm just putting a label on myself. Grant sat down in his seat far in the back, and slouched. He put his notebook and pens on his desk and looked around. So, who's here? There's Jason, still looking like he wants to punch someone. And who's he talking to? I remember his face but his name doesn't ring a bell. Oh well.

Grant looked around more and noticed something that made him want to punch himself in the face: The Odyssey! He forgot it on his desk at home. He remembered trying to read it but then his mom called him to clean the kitchen while she went to the grocery store. After that they watched t.v. together and Grant called it a night after their third movie. Grant frowned before slouching in his seat even more, attempting to hide behind the student sitting before him. Hopefully if the teacher doesn't see me then they won't call on me...

where: ap english
                                                    with: his fellow classmates
                                                    feeling: bored
                                                    ooc: there's a lot of Grant talking to himself in his head lolol soRRY THIS SUCKS

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Jason Garder

take my eyes from me
'cause i don't want to see

Jason sat there, his copy of The Odyssey already out on his desk. He idly looked around, not paying particular attention to anything. He just needed something to do, at least until someone finally showed up. When he felt that jab on his arm, he knew who it was before his gaze fell on him: Declan. "Fine," he replied neutrally, but like his gait, his inflections seemed to always possess a certain firmness. "You know, the usual. Waiting for class to start. The sooner it starts the sooner it ends." He smiled a little. English class was pointless. Reading literature and writing essays didn't teach him anything that he didn't already know, or at least what he needed to know. He also knew the teacher was sitting at her desk and could probably hear him. That was okay. His words weren't an attack on her.

"Want to play some tennis soon? I'm ready to win again."

Another jab. Jason responded with one of his own, smirking, suddenly acting as if he was truly coming alive. "Right. See, you won by a hair. That won't happen this time. I haven't slacked off. I've been working on my game." He tried sitting back in his chair, but he leaned forward again, his elbows on his desk, his knee bouncing. The challenge had been propositioned. He couldn't sit still right now. "This weekend sound good to you? You get a few extra days to practice before I kick your a**." He didn't want to wait that long, but he knew he should. With football practice and a few APs, he didn't have time for much else during the week.

Shortly after, he noticed Henry sitting down on the other side of Declan. He waved at him, or at least tried to--he wasn't sure if Henry saw it. Declan started talking to Henry. About what, Jason wasn't exactly sure. Declan must have sensed his puzzlement; he turned around long enough to explain it to him. Jason smirked again, mockingly, but not completely serious. "Cloud surfing? That's no surprise. Henry, as often as you're up in those clouds, don't you have a house up there by now?" Cloud surfing? The idea was ridiculous. But it sounded like something Henry would conjure up. The guy had an overactive imagination. Definitely overactive. An imagination wasn't a bad thing, but he might do better at school if he didn't let his mind wander so much. That was just his opinion, though.

About a minute or two later, the bell rang, and what little relaxation existed in his demeanor dispersed; Jason fully faced the front of the room as he opened up his notebook. Now to wait for the next fifty minutes to pass. Not that Jason wouldn't preoccupy himself with following along with, and participating in, the discussion, but only because he took academics seriously, not because he actually cared about Odysseus and the sirens. Which was part of what they would probably go over today.

tear my skin off of me
'cause i don't want to feel anything at all

Outfit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items