Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Not two blocks out and he already missed his mangy fur ball of a mutt. He really did love Mav, but his home spaced just wasn't what a dog that size needed. Mav needed a lot of running space and attention. Cade couldn't give him that so he relied on his poor workers to do it. Which really, they could say no. It wasn't like he could fire them for refusing. He could make their lives much harder if he really wanted to but that would mean more work and more effort. H was content to make them run small errands and walk his dog for him. Oh, and the verbal harassment. That was always and added bonus. At least Mikey had stopped correcting him and had accepted that in Cadence's eyes he would always be a Mikey. No reason, he just liked seeing the kid all flustered. He snorted unceremoniously. Mikey wasn't a kid He was, after all, just over two months younger than himself. The walk home wasn't short, but neither was it enjoyable. He hated walking in any fashion if it meant sweating. And a suit jacket over a thick silver button up with white cotton undershirt would make most people sweat. He scowled to himself, unfortunately scaring away a cheerful gaggle of school girls. "Unfortunate." He did however, eventually make his way to his residence called home and into the room he claimed as his lair. It was clean, except for the paint and glaze and clay littering nearly ever tarnished surface.

As soon as he walked in though, he was reminded of just why he was putting up with where he was for now. Several still life's and portraits littered his walls. Paintings of every day people in their every day life. Abstract clay forms dancing away another night of empty tummies and full crying eyes. He sighed as he stripped down, tossing his silver shirt into a box of other ruined dress shirts. He would use it to paint or something. A quick changed and another serving of shrimp ramen and he was ready to go back to work. At least until it got dark and the Johns and Janes were out. He was tempted to skip out on his nightly routine, but yesterday night had been very slow and unrewarding and he needed so much a month to put into his savings. He wanted to pay for his gallery in full, not be burden by debt. And besides, he was considering getting some cheap frozen dinners for a chance if he made enough to night to earn some pocket change. Sure, he was a manager at a cafe. But all that money went to bills and taking care of his wonderful companions. He glanced down at his pale blue tee and his khaki shorts. No one ever saw him in his office anyways. Before he left though, he grabbed a large canvas and wrapped it up carefully to take back with him. All of the art in the cafe was his- something he had done slyly and slowly over the last five or so years.

He mostly just said someone donated it and handed it off to be placed in the store. But this one was different. It was a grey scale piece, of Mikey working at the bar. Several of the other bees were buzzing around, but Mikey was the only one with a clear distinction. Cadence had thought his smiled looked just right and so he had painted it. Much of the back ground was barely blurred, putting the sole focus on the profiling of the kid making coffee with tired eyes but a pleased grin. What he had been grinning about, Cadence would never know. Didn't really care either. He just hoped the kid would take this piece the wrong way. The walk back was significantly longer, but the weather and his outfit made it more relaxing than the walk home had been. He was trapped in thoughts and designed, and he was sort of startled when he reached the shop. He put on a bored face as he walked in, glancing around for Mikey.

"Mikey. Hang this wherever. Owner says it is not for sell. Any of the others are, same deal with the proceeds. Whoever sells it gets fifteen percent and I send the rest to the owner."

It was sleazy and underhanded, but if it put his work out there, well, he wasn't walking the high road anyways.

He was bouncy for some reason. Today just seemed... funny. Like something was going to happen but he couldn't decided it it was going to be good or not. He whistled once, then twice, watching as Maverick bounded towards him. He bent down on his knees, ruffling the pup's fur, and letting his lips turn up just a fraction as Dutch scampered out of his pants pocket to play with mavericks leash. It was such a pretty day he decided to let them both roam the city a while on their own. It wasn't the first time he had done it but they always found their way back here- or when he was out at night, they went home where the landlord let them into his rooms and left a one hundred dollar bill for him to pay later. He glanced up and sighed. He glanced at his workers with an irritated sigh.

"Do not bother me unless you're buying me lunch or someone is dead. Not dying, dead. Do so and you're be out of a job."

xoxox
                                                                  ══ ═════════ ═════════ ══ XOX
                                                                  XOX
                                                                  ══ ═════════ ═════════ XOX

Yeah you bleed just to know your alive
                                                                  xoxoand I dont want the world to see me cause I dont think that they'd understand
                                                                  xoxoxoxxo when everythings made to be broken i just want you to know who I am

xoxox══ ═════════ ═════════ ══ XOX

Interesting Citizen

9,525 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageUser Image
Michael had swiftly wiped up the spilled drink on the floor, the place had quickly picked up after that. Mornings were the biggest rush for them, that made sense, and it seemed that the more pets someone had the more coffee they drank. You could always tell those who had overly energetic pets, people say pets resemble their owners but it was really the other way around. They bounced into the café and ordered sweet pastries and espressos. They didn’t stay long, they had things to take care of, and bounced out just as happily as they came in. His favorite to see were the dog walkers, they either looked like they were about to break down or had more confidence than a person should be allowed to hold. They seemed to be the best multitaskers and always had something to say; a story of yesterday’s walk or how one or another dog had been acting up lately.

The place was set up with a counter where people in a hurry could get a pastry or a to-go cup of Joe, if they had time though there were plenty of tables and the waiters were good with customer service to get whatever they wanted. Those who sat around a while had often asked Michael how he managed to do his job without drinking anything he served. If they had his job they’d tell him, they’d be all sorts of jitters from all the caffeine. He’d laugh and tell them he just knew how to channel his energy, it was kind of true; Michael was pretty good at controlling himself.

Michael had been in the middle of bringing some beans from the supply room when he heard his boss’s voice again. Taking the canvas in one hand he stored it under the counter where it wouldn’t get dirty. He’d find a place to put it after the morning rush was over. At his next order Michael gave a quick two-fingered salute.

“We’ll be sure to check their pulse first.”

It wouldn’t be too long before the rush calmed down, as people started to go to work fewer and fewer people would walk by on the street. The ‘artists’ and ‘between jobs’ people would be the majority of their clientele until lunch rolled around. It was a good half hour before Michael had slowed down enough to take a look at what Mr. Blackman had brought back with him. The cashier had to remind him that he put it under the counter.

Picking it up he went back to the supply room to get an empty frame, there had been a few pictures sold in the last few weeks so there were blank spaces out in the store it could be put. It wasn’t until he’d finished placing it in a frame and had stuck a “Not for Sale” placard in the bottom corner that he actually looked at what it was of. It was a nice scene of a café; it could have been taken to be this one even. He’d noticed that it was similar to the others they had hanging around and Michael wasn’t sure how much he believed they were donated. They all had the same voice, though they didn’t go together in a theme they were like siblings, they may not be twins but it wasn’t hard to see that they were related. The owner must have had a friend that was trying to break out into the art world. Carrying it out he hung it up in a bare space and went back to the counter.

Once back behind his espresso machine he glanced up at it and had to do a double take. That was this café and there in the middle, was that? Yes, it was him. Seeing himself in a painting was a weird sensation. Not sure if he liked it Michael looked around the place, it had to be one of the regulars. If he’d been a waiter he could have glanced at what people were working on to see if it was them but he was stuck behind his machines. Maybe he would try to get one of the waiters to go on a hunt for him. He didn’t know what he would say if he knew who painted it but now he wanted to know who it was.

User Image

Interesting Millionaire

6,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Matthew Button's flesh squirmed and cried. If you were a dog, you could hear the high pitched yelling that accompanied his skin when someone touched him. It was a mix between a banshee and the ghost ravenclaw chick in the last harry potter. When Booney touched Matthew, Matthews skin turned white, and he wanted to turn, walk away, and never, ever, see this boy again. People didn't touch Matthew. Unless he deemed it necessary.

"I need to go." the mood of the situation suddenly changed. Matthew put up a barrier, and he seemed a little bit more closed off than he did before. "I might be back later in the day to get the dog food. Sorry." Touching was just something you didn't do with Matthew. It was forbidden. It wasn't that he was mad at Booney for touching him. It was more of a cognitive issue. "Your more than welcome to come Booney. I know there is a coffee shop not too far away from here... I need something strong. Also. No offense. But please. No touching..."

Matthew walked out the door, not really looking to see if the other male followed him or not, and took a deep deep breath. And sighed heavily. He rubbed both of his hands across his face, and smacked his cheeks. Stop. He doesn't....No he wouldn't understand. Don't ruin your chance to have at least some kind of social life in this new town Matthew. Get your s**t together. he mentally scolded himself. All Matthew wanted to get was something strong to get his mind off of his obvious social anxiety he gets when he has human contact.

Quotable Genius

7,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
BOONEY ARCHER MATTEO

User Image
                  Deiha
                  █│I AM INDIVIDUAL!dei-kunlulx{xFEEL FREE TO CALL ME CRAZYx}x
                  dei-kun deikun ha Dei-kunlul Deiha DEI

I love you with my whole butt! I would say heart, but my butt is bigger.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                  Boo frowned when the atmosphere in the room quickly change, shifting uncomfortably. Crap, he did it again. It was so hard for him to remember that some people liked their space and didn't want to be touched. Which was odd, considering how many problem's he'd gotten into before because of his love for touching things and people. He watched the man speak, then glanced at Emmet with worried eyes. It was a terrible feeling to know you upset someone and it was especially awful knowing you could have avoided the conflict in the first place. "Yeah, I'll come." He answered, obviously a little distracted. Before following Matthew out the door, he gave Emmet a quick hug and thanked him for the treats.

"Hey, Matthew." He called after the man, jogging to catch up with him. "I'm really sorry about touching you. I forget the whole personal bubble thing sometimes, you know? I promise I won't do it again, cross my heart." He looked up at Matthew with a small smile, tracing an 'x' across his chest. After a long few minutes of silence, he pulled his hair back over one shoulder and smiled widely. "My favorite color is purple, I love sweets, I'm terrible at math, I've been bitten by snakes eleven times, and sometimes I'm a girl." He blurted out this meaningless information as he stared forward, then glanced at Matthew. "Well, I'm always technically a boy, but sometimes I feel like a girl. Like today. Oh, and I think living in a tree would be awesome." Okay, so he was super weird, but hopefully this would lighten the mood a bit.

Deikun
                  Dei
                  dei

dei-kunlul DeiDe deilulALWAYS BE REAL NEVERBEFAKE
                  xx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xx
                  User Image

Interesting Millionaire

6,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Matthew Button shrugged. When it was a first time offense. Matthew usually got over it really quickly. He has only been able to stand very few people who just ignore his no touching rule, but for right now, this kid was not going to be one of those people. As they walk down the street, he shoves his hands in his pockets like the classical bad boy, and just looked ahead.

To be honest. When Booney started talking. The writer in him started to imagine a dryad living in the forest, and its home was a giant oak tree. Its long green hair resembling ivy, with leaves constantly falling through it, as if they were coming out of no where. Then when he said technically he was a boy all the time, but he felt like a girl, a disturbing image came to mind. The movie splice. Now the dryad went to a human village and seduced some of the men of the village, and had sex with them, then transformed into a man, and rapped half of the women in the village.

So. In a matter of a few seconds you have turned your new friends into a fantasy creature who is a rapist and a transsexual...This is why you are destined to be alone forever Matthew. s**t. he said to himself. He shook his head. Forever alone. "Your very different. Aren't you?" he chuckled. "I would imagine living in a tree would be messy, but the creativity I could have for my house would be astounding. I might join you in that adventure. And where were you to be bitten by snakes?"

Quotable Genius

7,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
BOONEY ARCHER MATTEO

User Image
                  Deiha
                  █│I AM INDIVIDUAL!dei-kunlulx{xFEEL FREE TO CALL ME CRAZYx}x
                  dei-kun deikun ha Dei-kunlul Deiha DEI

I love you with my whole butt! I would say heart, but my butt is bigger.

Boo smiled contently to himself, locking his hands behind his back once again. He stared up at the blue sky for a long time. It was weird, even though he'd traveled the world and seen so many variations of the same sky, this one seemed to be the most beautiful. Maybe it was because he was finally independent, still free, but also stable. Now he had friends and an actual home. With a light chuckle, he looked back to Matthew walking beside him. He looked so serious at times. Contemplating, even. With his hands in his pockets and that stoic expression, he looked like the guards in Britain or a gargoyle, frozen in time to protect whatever library steps they landed on. He could look really nervous at times, too, but he always seemed nice.

"I'm not different." He replied with a smile. "I may have a different view than you, or the other people in this town, but I still have a heart and bones. I'm still human." He paused, smoothing his hair from his face again. "I'll admit, I'm a little strange. But so are you, in your own ways. That's why I like people. That's why I like you." With a small laugh, he glanced out at the quiet street. He wasn't one to beat around the bush about who or what he liked. There was an attraction to Matthew, just like he had an attraction to Emmet. Every attraction was different, but if he liked someone he would tell them.

When the mention of his snake bites came up, his smile widened. "Oh, all over the place." He exclaimed, looking at Matthew with wide, sparkling eyes. "Africa, Brazil, Costa Rica, Japan, all over. Sometimes you can't see them and they just kinda pounce at you." He crouched down slightly and pounced forward with his hands out like fangs. "They're fast little sneaks." He laughed, spinning on his heels to smile back at Matthew, walking backwards. "It was my fault every time. My parents told me not to run around carelessly, but I did anyway. I trampled all over the poor snakes territory, they had a right to bite me."

Deikun
                  Dei
                  dei

dei-kunlul DeiDe deilulALWAYS BE REAL NEVERBEFAKE
                  xx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xx
                  User Image

Precious Treasure

9,050 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
User Image

User Imageasdf

Emmet really considered sometimes hiring Booney to work for him. He was always complimenting his store to others and always recommending the products he sold. It was great to have a friend like that around.

Emmet noticed it. He noticed how Matthew stared at him. He even noticed the slight smile on his face as he did so. Emmet couldn't help but turn red again. He felt his body shake a little as Matthew looked away. He wondered if his whole day was going to be filled with him getting embarrassed.

He was definitely lost in his thought because he wasn't keeping up with Matthew and Booney's conversation. He was snapped out of his thoughts until Booney gave him hug and thanked him for the treats. Again, Emmet blushed a brilliant red. He was confused to what was going on. It was until he noticed both of the guys leaving that he got the picture. Emmet smiled and waved. "Come back and visit soon!" he yelled before the door closed.

Emmet took a couple of deep breaths before he got his breath straightened out. It was then that he remembered he has some shop chores he had to do. Last night he got a shipment of food. He needed to stock the shelves now. Emmet walked to the back of the store and into the overflow room. This is where he keeps new shipment of products he hasn't had a chance to stock. Or items that he has no room on the shelves for.

Thankfully for the wonderful dolly that he invested in, Emmet carried a couple of heavy bags to the food section of his shop. He loved filling up the shelves in the shop. It made him feel good that people come to his store a lot to buy things for their pets.

DD

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
User ImageA day without ʟαυɢɦᴛєʀ is a day ωαsᴛєdUser Image

On his day off all Corey wanted to do was sleep, unfortunately Toby was used to his schedule of getting up at 6 and heading down to the shelter to play with other dogs all day while his owner answered phones and scheduled appointments. Utterly unaware that his owner was able to sleep in the dog had started barking early in the morning, needing to go out and wanting to get out of his kennel. Corey fell out of his bed, and lifted himself up. He could see well enough with his glasses, he just couldn’t read or see anything close to him without them. Stumbling a bit he opened the kennel for the small beagle and grabbed the leash to take him outside.

Returning to his apartment the 21-year-old knew that he wouldn’t be able to fall back asleep. Instead he grabbed a shirt that bore the logo of the veterinary clinic and pulled on a pair of jeans, snatching up his ipod and setting it to shuffle as he left the apartment, a few tennis balls, a small bowl for water, incase Toby got thirsty, and a good book to read. The beagle by his side bit at his leash, trying to tug it from Corey’s hand as the pair started down the stairs.

O.ut O.f C.offee: Yay my first post :3
Jasper Gregory Heiderich
Lady and Rico

User Image
                                                    Jasper sighed as he felt the sun filtering through his window and onto his face. He had never been a heavy sleeper, which may be a contributing factor to why he hated living in the loud cities. He loved visiting, mind you. But very rarely did he ever stay longer than a week. He'd traveled a lot in his twenty-two years of life, both with his parents and with his grandpa Demetri Torres. HIs family was definitely a hodgepodge of characters. His father was a Englishman with German father and his mother was a Costa Rican woman with a father that had a Russian first name. He'd taken more of his father's looks than his mothers, except instead of reddening or freckling that most English boys were subject to in the sun, he tanned like no one's business. It was the reason for his tan now actually. He'd been in the states for a full month and still he hadn't paled. He did spend as much time as he could outside, so maybe that was helping.

He felt the bed dip a little bit and sat up, only to see his beautiful girl, Lady, with her front paws resting on the bed waiting patiently for him to wake up. He also heard a more urgent squawk come from the living room and rubbed the sleep out of his face. "Okay okay." He conceded and proceeded out of his bed and into the living room where his hyacinth macaw, Rico's, cage stood large and sturdy to the right of the TV. Inside the cage was a fake tree trunk with branches that were made to be perches and on the cage floor were various bird toys he liked to throw around. Lady followed him into the living room right on his heels as he retrieved the hungry bird and then into the kitchen where Rico was set on the ground in front of the husky. The parrot stretched his head up high as the dog leaned her head down as Rico stuck his tongue out and gently touched it to her nose. She did the same and then they both poked their heads up to look at Jasper patiently for their food. Others might have seen this behavior and thought it odd, but Jasper knew they thought themselves as siblings as they'd both came into his life around the same time about two years ago. Rico had been a gift from his grandad and had been just a chick and Lady was a pup he'd found on the beach just three days later. She'd looked like a solid white husky, but lacked the curly tail. Instead, it lay flat behind her. Grandad Torres believed she was a wolf-husky mix of some kind. If she was, then she had way more husky features than wolf because besides and her tail, she looked just like a husky. For a dog her size, she was very light footed and graceful and quiet, which had earned her her name.

He set their food out and went back into his bedroom to get ready for the day. It was his day off from the shelter, which meant he and the 'kids' as he called them were going out for the day. He had to get some bird pellets for Rico and a couple treats for the both of them for being so good after being uprooted from their costa rican home. He quickly brushed his teeth and hair before putting on a simple white button down shirt and rolling the sleeves up to his elbows, a pair of knee length khaki shorts, and a pair of brown leather sandals. Grabbing his backpack and Lady's leash, he exited his bedroom and towards te front door. "Come on." He said and perched Rico on his shoulder and clipped Lady's leash before heading out the door in the direction of the pet shop.

The walk to the pet shop was a relatively short one, and even after getting stopped once by a child asking about Rico and letting him pet the bird, he got to the shop in just 15 minutes. "Hello?" He called out to the owner, Emmet. He'd seen the man once or twice since he'd moved here, but hadn't really had much time to meet or talk to anyone besides the casual hello. He proceeded to the dog toy section and set Rico down on the ground. "Alright buddy, one toy. Uno!" He knew the parrot probably didn't understand, but he did come back with only one little rope toy with a normal sized tennis ball on the end. Lady took her time before choosing a bone that was fairly large, but she would take her time with it, he knew. "Okay, let's find some food for Mr. Rico." He said and headed towards the food aisle. "Um, do you need some help with those?" He asked Emmet with a small smile.

OOC: Oh my goodness, I didn't think it'd turn out that long. What's the opposite of writers block? Cause I've got that.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

User Image

User Image

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tyson pushed past the double doors of the apartment complex, his chinchilla, Fantom nestled on his left shoulder. The red-head was completely dressed in his work uniform, which he thought looked a little too bland, and had managed to comb through his hair. Not that it did much since his hair was still spread out in a messy fit -- but in a cute way of course. He gave a yawn and pulled his skateboard from underneath his arm and let it drop to the ground before planting his foot firmly on the surface. Yes, this was how Tyson got to and from work everyday. What else would you expect from a skater boy, huh? "You ready boy?" He asked, striking blue hues peering over towards the small rodent. Fantom just twitched his nose, causing Tyson to smile before pushing forward on his left foot and the two of them were gliding gracefully down the street.

----------------------------

It didn't take long for Tyson to reach the Cafe which was another good thing about where he lived. It didn't take but maybe fifteen minutes at the most. Even still, he was able to arrive so late. Man, his boos was going to kill him! Well, hopefully he could slip in without anyone noticing. the last thing he wanted was for the boss to fire him. And let me tell ya, that guy scared the hell out of Ty. He was just so...so...uptight! The red-head slowly stuck his head in, eyes shifting left and right as he steadily crept in. Realizing that the coast was clear, a slow charming smile touched his full lips as he slipped inside. Good. He hastily made his way past the young Barista, quickly exchanging hellos with him. "Yo Mikey~ Hope I didn't miss too much..." He made his way into the back room and stuffed his board into his locker, slipped on his waist apron, and made his way back out to the serving area. As he approached Michael, he fished out some barbie pins from his back pocket and began to pin his bangs back. Unfortunately, few strands still hung over his forehead. Man, how he hated that. "Sorry I'm late, had to drop my pet, Fantom over a friends house... Did Mr. Grumpy make an appearance yet?" He asked as he straightened out his name tag and reached for a pencil and notepad.

OOC: Gack! >.< Crappy post. Had to catch up though...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

User Image
                                                    I think I have everything I need
                                                    It got dark, but now I think I see
                                                    The world around is full of arms still reaching out to me
                                                    I hear the notes and belt them back to you
                                                    I feel loved
                                                    I'm burning like a fuse.
                                                    I'm not afraid
                                                    'cause I know I've got nothing left to lose.

Interesting Citizen

9,525 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageUser Image
Michael had been leaning against the back counter, head down looking at his phone when he heard his unwilling nickname again. Jerking his head up and pushing off the counter he stuffed the phone into his apron pocket. A quick scan of the café got him confused as Mr.Blackman was nowhere to be seen. It didn’t take long for him to spot his re-headed co-worker. Red hair stuck out in a crowd; of course she shouldn’t be one to talk he had often been used as a beacon in crowds because the whole group could find him because of his hair. The surprise turned to a small scowl as Tyson hurried past to the back.

“Michael.”

He may have given up on correcting his boss but he hadn’t given up on the rest of the staff. They were peers and so he felt he should get called what he wanted by them. His boss on the other hand had some power over him and that gave some leeway, even if he didn’t want to give it.
When Tyson returned Michael leaned against the forward counter where drinks were placed to be taken to tables. It had slowed down a little bit so he had time to talk with the waiters. He did so often, work was boring if he didn’t and no one wanted to get anything from someone in customer service if they looked grumpy and didn’t talk to anyone. It just wasn’t good for business.

“Yes, twice actually, started the morning off with a bang even, spilled coffee and everything. I doubt he noticed anyone missing.”

He probably shouldn’t refer to his boss as Mr. Grumpy but it definitely fit at times. Looking around he only saw a few people and decided it was a good time for an on the clock break. He didn’t actually take many real breaks he didn’t need to, he didn’t smoke and if he did drink coffee there would be no reason to leave to get it. Grabbing a sugary pastry from the glass display case Michael gave the cashier the money for it. He got a glare, but he got a glare every time he did that. It was playful; at least he liked to think it was, he did pay for it after all. Chuckling he looked back to Tyson.

“You showed up just in time to stand around.”

User Image

Interesting Millionaire

6,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Matthew Button smiled to himself. "Having a different outlook on life is an amazing thing to have. Most people don't. Which is why I don't have friends to be honest. People with generic points of view just....Annoy the living s**t out of me." he said. He nose crinkled, and he squeezed his eyes shut, and shook his head. He hated high school. The whole idea of 'band wagon' which happened a lot in high school really pissed him off. He hated those that were so easily swayed from things they like just because someone says its not cool, or thats not normal.

"I like forward thinking people. You know? Someone who starts something, and can move a generation with it. Like music, art, literature, or...Fashion." he smiled at the mention of the word fashion. He loved his job. He truly did. But as of late it was getting really stressful. With the move an all. He hadn't really had time to find a creative zone quite yet. "As you can tell, I am not the easiest person to get along with. Sorry if I offended you there. But thank you. For already liking me an hour after you meet me." he laughed.

"I haven't had much experience outside of the countries of Canada, America, and Europe. But I know them like the back of my hand. I would love to go to Africa though. I am sure the savanna and jungle areas in that country have to be breath taking." he chimed. Soon, he looked around, and honestly, he was lost and had no idea where he was. "I am so sorry, but uh...Do you know where we are? I assumed the coffee shop was this way, but I just can't remember." he laughed, and took his hand out of his back to rub the back of his head in embarrassment.

This is nice... he thought. Even though they were lost, or at least, he was. He was with a person who he actually got along with. Someone who had similar views of the world because they were both....Strange in their own right. But he liked Booney because even though he knew he was strange, Booney knew he was just like everyone else in the fact that he is human. This kid was really appealing to Matthews good side.

Precious Treasure

9,050 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
User Image

User Imageasdf

Emmet was making great progress. He was done with the first bundle of food and was now working on a second heap. Emmet always chuckled to himself as he put the food away. Why? Well, he sort of found amusing. With all the bags of foods he lifts a day, you would think he would be ripped out. Well, he wasn't. He was a little bit lanky. He never understood why, he ate tons of junk food and never exercised a day in his life. He should be a pretty hefty guy, but he wasn't. These always made me chuckle to himself. He would imagine how he would look like if he was hefty man. His thoughts went wild.

He was done to his last couple of bags of food when he heard the chime on the door. Emmet quickly placed the bag of food down and went to greet the customer. It was man he's only seen a couple of times in the store. He's never really caught his name, but he remembered that beautiful bird of his. There was also that beautiful white husky of his. It was cute to see the dog walk around his shop with a bone in his mouth.

"Oh that is alright sir. I only have a couple of bags left. Cant have a customer doing any heavy lifting." Emmet walked away from the bags of food and up to the client with a genuine smile on his face. "Now, is there anything I can help you look for? Something for your lovely bird or dog perhaps?" Emmet places his hands on his hips and waited to see how he could be of service to the man.

OOC: Tots ok!
                                                              Billy_Jim

DD

6,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Caden scowled at the salute. What? did this kid think he was some pale faced recruit in boot-camp? Did Cadence, at twenty three years of age, really resemble some aged and cranky, cruel Sargent screaming orders at his next group of terrified vict- eh hm. Volunteers? Oh so yea, he could be grump and cantankerous, but he was no Drill Sargent. He didn't think. He did not cuss as often as he imagined bitter, war ruined veterans. He respected them though. They allowed him to be an a*****e in his own way in a country he'd only lived in for eight years. Despite all his travels, this was the only one he had residence in. Permanently anyways. He scowled as he headed to the office, leaving the door cracked to watch when the painting was set up. He rather liked watching people's reaction to his work. It wasn't all that rewarding really. since most of the appeals was in wondering who the artist was. But it was one of the few things that managed to make the ice around his heart just that much wetter. Sometimes he even slipped out to hear the commutative hypothesis surrounding his work. Only a select few, somehow including Mikey who didn't seem all that inclined towards deductive thinking, managed to correctly guess that every piece, even the cheap pencile sketches were by the same person.

He could still remember the first time someone guessed that. He knew he had a styles, most everyone had a style for whatever they were gifted in. The trick was to figure it out so you could exploit it. He personally had yet to learn his own styles, much less expect others to catch on to it. Though, in the business of art, there was always the artist, but there was also the critic who could spot good work three countries away and a counterfeit without ever seeing the original. Of course a critic would know the style before the artist, seeing as the artist had only just learned of his talents in the realm of painting. He still preferred clay works and sculpting, because third dimension was easier to mimic than in the shadowy world of pencils and paints. He sighed as he waited for his work to be put up. It really was one of his best. He liked that Mikey (who had been a background character in many other works) had one of those faces. Easily duplicated and nice to look at. It was a handsomely proportionate face. Made it easy to catch the title of his nose, or the ghost of his smile- when he was smiling for real and not just to be polite.He had, for a reason, avoided putting Mikey at the for front, occasionally combining elements of both Mikey and Tyson, and customers so every one recognized someone they knew or who they thought they knew. It was fun watching them guess. "Oh, those are Mother Hanan's eyes!" "No, it is most certainly Mr. Erickson's nose." "Well, it's Little Ella's faces, or Danny Boy's smile!

He had almost given up on the picture being put up today; the were rather busy. However, as soon as he had resigned himself to the fact, Michael was there picking it up. He slipped out of his office quietly picking a place to stand and watch. He knew the exact moment when Mike caught on to who was the center of the image. Caden frowned. Well, he certainly had not been expecting fear to be one of those emotions. He was just stepping forward to.. inquire? demand? pressure?... no, ask about Mikey's opinion of the piece when Ty showed up. Caden scrunched up his nose in irritation. Surely Ty couldn't be serious. Showing up late and making a ruckus. And bad mouthing his boss. Not that it mattered. It certainly didn't send ice pricks tingling through him. (No, that was just the cool air of the restaurant.) Days like to day made him wish he could jerk the kid around by his shirt front. Instead, he stepped forward calmly, his face blank as ever.

"Certainly you are not dumb enough to be referring to me Mr. Lesley. Certainly Mr. Grumpy is a customer who arrives almost daily with a sour disposition. Because of that, I will require asking extra hours of you. If it is me you are referring to however you may turn in your two weeks notice."

See, he could be nice. He hadn't fired the boy ( and this time, even though they were the same age, he saw no problem with referring to Tyson as a kid, child, or boy. He certainly acted like one) and had even offered him a way out.

"The artist of the most recent not sellable picture has unfortunately requested the opinions of both the workers and the guest. Mikey, I trust you to get that done before closing tonight."

With that he locked him self in his office, fully intending to sleep half the day away before taking care of business.

xoxox
                                                                  ══ ═════════ ═════════ ══ XOX
                                                                  XOX
                                                                  ══ ═════════ ═════════ XOX

Yeah you bleed just to know your alive
                                                                  xoxoand I dont want the world to see me cause I dont think that they'd understand
                                                                  xoxoxoxxo when everythings made to be broken i just want you to know who I am

xoxox══ ═════════ ═════════ ══ XOX

[[ ooc: sorry it is so rambly ]]
Jasper Gregory Heiderich
Lady and Rico

User Image
                                                    Jasper shrugged his shoulders with a smile. "I really don't mind. I've either been at the shelter working or cooped up in my apartment since I got here a month ago. I'm happy to do anything other than unpacking." He explained. Suddenly, Rico began to shuffle down his shoulder and half way down his arm before he jumped off all together and waddled in front of Emmet and looking up at him, cocking his head. Jasper laughed a little and explained, "The lovely birds name is Rico and he's very vain. He loves all the attention he gets and rewards it in kind." Rico then gently tugged on Emmet's pant leg and raised his right foot as high as he could. He felt pressure on his own leg and looked down to see Lady nuzzling into his knee, the bone on the ground. "And this little lady is... Lady." He said and scratched the husky behind the ear.

"He wants you to pick him up and you're more than welcome to. He certainly won't bite. I think the worst he could do is cuddle you to death." He explained as he searched the shelf to his right. "Ah, this is what we're here for." He commented and picked up a small bag of bird pellets. "And as you can see, they got toys for being good moving buddies and because I'm a total pushover. Oh! And my name is Jasper by the way. I probably should have started with that."

OOC:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces