Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Fio finally arrived at the airport and Aaron greeted her with a hug. After quick introductions, the gang headed off to the cottage where they would be spending the summer. She has changed since the last time he’d seen her, but then against they talk to each other online quite often but mostly about his mother’s condition. “It’s great to finally be able to get away from everything,” he said, tossing the luggage into the back as Cassie and Elijah sat in the back seats. Aaron couldn’t help but to overhear the conversation they were having about his cousin. He has always know Elijah to be a bit of a womanizer and had warned him before stepping onto the plane that he should keep his distance. Eli was a close and good friends but Aaron didn’t want a sweet girl like his cousin to end up with the likes of such a predator.

TimeSkip

When they arrived at the cottage, Aaron was slightly stunned by the sight. He wasn’t expecting a grand house but this was something else. From a poorer family like his he was accustomed to minimal standards but feared his girlfriend’s reaction. She was raised with loads on money never having to experience such dismay. He followed Fiona with his and Cassie’s bags in tow. The inside of the cottage was just the like the outside, shabby and in desperate need of repairs. Cassie was probably in utter shock, Aaron thought to himself. He thought about offering to share a room with her being his girlfriend, but he knew she was not a fan of having a roommate. Back in the US he would have offered her to stay the night but she would refuse. Not wanting to push her away further than she was already, he would usually let such matters pass. Elijah on the other hand seem comfortable with the accommodations as she went straight to a room and claimed it. “It’s not that bad. It has a cool antique touch to it. If you want, I could share a room with you. I know you don’t like getting dirty and I don’t mind it,” he offered as a kind gesture.

Gracious Gaian

11,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
tab ❝Fiona Maria McKillian❞

tab tab a l l m y f r i e n d s — t h e y ' r e d i f f e r e n t p e o p l e — a n x i o u s l i k e t h e o c e a n i n a s t o r m,
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab W h e n w e g o o u t — y e a h w e r e e l e c t r i c — c o u r s i n g t h r o u g h o u r b o d i e s t i l l w e r e o n e .
tab tab tab tab ᴀ ɴ ᴅ ᴡ ʜ ʏ ᴍ ᴇ s s ᴜ ᴘ ᴀ ɢ ᴏ ᴏ ᴅ ᴛ ʜ ɪ ɴ ɢ ʙ ᴀ ʙ ʏ — ɪ ᴛ · s ᴀ ʀ ɪ s ᴋ ᴛ ᴏ ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ ғ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ɪ ɴ ʟ ᴏ ᴠ ᴇ
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab I s a i d o o h — o o h — w e r e i n d a n g e r — j u s t s l e e p i n g w i t h a f r i e n d

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fio arrived with coffee and tea in hand, she was nervous, people werent always her thing. But after a nice warm hug from her cousin she calmed. They had basically a wifi relationship, but clicked like they had when they were younger. "How's your mum? Feeling better I hope?" Fiona trilled in her norther accent. After a quick exchange of smiles Aaron introduced his two friends, a gorgeous young brunette with soft features and an air of high class, and a tall boy with a dark shock of hair and a smile that Fio loved. She instantly took to Elijah, finding him alot like her cousin in ways, and felt a little intimidated by the obvious high class of Cassie. They all chatted for about two seconds before Fio awkwardly offered to help with their bags, noting that her cousins girlfriend was very eager to comply. While putting the bags away she heard murmurs of Aarons two friends in the back seat, however she wasnt really paying attention so all she caught was train and gorgeous. She filed it away in her mind, completely unaware that the conversation was a little less than innocent, and decided to try and find a train ride through the scenic part of England as a day trip or something. On the ride home Fio kept the music soft and tried to make small talk between sips of her blood orange and vanilla tea. There were a few laughs, and she pointed out a few cool sights, and over all enjoyed the ride to her childhood vacation home.
    And then they arrived. Fio knew that no one had visited in a while but the place was a lot dimmer than she remembered. The once lovely cream walls were cracked in places and the windows were caked with dust. A tight ball of embarrassment knotted in her stomach. To her the cottage was still beautiful, and magic like old times. The pink and red blossoms on the stairs flourished still and ivy had crept up the sides of the cottage, giving it a whimsical feel. But when Cassi asked 'is that it?' Fio wanted to disappear. She didnt know if Cassi meant she was expecting a bigger place or if they had the address wrong, either way Fio was blushing. She wanted to let down her red hair to hide the rosy cheeks she was suddenly very conscious of. Instead she took a calming sip of her favorite tea and beamed. "I know she doesn't look like much, but trust me, three hours of cleaning tops and she will shine like a fairytail!" Of course, then Fio entered her beloved cottage, and while she was right about the cleaning, Fio quickly realized that a lot more would need to be done. The floors were dusty and scuffed, one of the bathrooms had a plant that was in severe need of water and sunshine and the tub needed scrubbing, the kitchen, though tidy, was under stocked in food and utensils but somehow had a thousand mugs for hot drinks and a surprising ammount of napkins filling a deep drawer, the bedrooms that Fio had once shared with child hood friends, bot imaginary and real, were in need of new sheets, covers, pillows, and curtains, along with completely new decorations as the old pictures had yellowed with time and some of the glass encasement were cracked, a mirror in what was usually dubbed the girls room needed to be replaced as the last time some one had shut it a large crack had appeared, and finally the tv set in the living room was so old there was no hope of it ever turning on. The back yard was better, the weather safe furniture had held up, and while the color was a little washed out, Fio took it as a positive.
    Instantly she racked her brain for ideas. Call her parents and cry of utter embarrassment topped the list, but still she put on her bravest face. Plans were already forming in her head, they would need money, and to get money they would need jobs. Fio hadnt been to Surrey in the longest time, she had practically no idea where to look for work but she was surprisingly optimistic and excited about the endeavor.
    For one, it was a chance to show her parents that she would be fine on her own in Uni and would help to lessen the waterworks of her move in date, but this was her first real taste of real life. She had never been in a relationship or ever really really seen another person completely naked, she had never gotten a ticket or had to make her own doctors appointments, but this? This was going to be an adventure. Fiona Maria McKillian was all about adventure. It was around this point of her inner monologue that she realized people were continuing to talk. Aaron graciously tried to give the run down cottage a fancy air of antiquity and Fio loved him for that. She kept quiet for a minute, drinking in the dust that glowed gold in the windows and the beautiful smell of roses wafting in from the garden. "Cassie? If you dont care for sharing a bedroom you could always take my old room upstairs? It's in the attic but theres a lovely huge window and a very comfortable bed." She tried to give a warming smile. "As for me," she continued, livening up a bit, "I am ok to bunk with Emilia, but it doesnt really matter to me because I sleep like a log. Although I'd prefer the first bedroom, so, dibs!" A playful, lopsided smile danced across her lips. Fio quickly set her back pack and rathe large suitcase down by bedroom one's door. She smoothed her hair back and gave a sigh, smiling despite the dusty and lemon pledge scented work ahead of her. "If it helps get you all situated, there are three beds in the second bedroom, and one more in mine, so everybody has a nice sturdy bed, now I think I'll start cleaning the kitchen, alright with you all?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Brainy Bookworm

User Image

xxxxDaniel Johnson x Danny
                                                          Summer nights
                                                            Everybody are ya with me?
                                                          Let that igloo cooler
                                                            Mark your piece of paradise

xxxxxx ███████████████████████████████████

The ride was painful, Daniel had never been one for driving for extended periods of time. He rubbed his neck and cocked it to the side, hearing a small pop!. His phone had since been on silence halfway through the ride to the cottage - Natalie was unhappy that he had been ignoring her insincere apologies. He rolled his eyes as he checked his cell to find any messages from Fio or Coop. Nope. None of the seven texts were from either of them. Daniel sighed and put his phone in his pocket and walked out of his car, locking the door behind him. Fio and her cousin's friends were already there, he gave them a wave and grinned at Fio before walking up to the cottage. He tried to conceal the array of negative emotions that flew at him once he saw the place. God. It was a dump. He shot a look to the city girl at her comment on the cottage. Daniel could already tell he was not going to like her. Brattiness practically emitted off of her like scalding hot rays from the sun; reminding him of a certain possessive girl he just recently revoked his relationship with. The look on Fio's face was upsetting, she looked so embarrassed Daniel was afraid she would bail right then and there. But, as always, she held her own and instead peppily replied that they could fix the place up in no time. Of course, Daniel hurried to his friend's aid. "Hey, at least we don't have rodents. The landscape's amazing, anyway." Pretty lame optimism, Daniel truly couldn't find many upsides to this place. He rolled his eyes and followed them inside, quietly, as usual.

The place was an even bigger mess on the inside, the blond was practically swimming in the dust that blanketed every inch of the place. He stayed close to Fio, hovering around her protectively. One of the guys went to search for his room pretty much the second he walked inside. Once he found one, he walked out and asked the girls which one would bunk with him. Daniel tried to keep a straight face as he said. "Not going to happen. I'm sure Coop and Fio are going to be sleeping in the same room." He glanced at the both of them, positive he looked like an overly protective brother more than he did a good friend. After a moment, he shrugged and said, "But, you know, you guys can work that out yourselves." He slung his back over his shoulder again, as it had been sliding down his arm. You'd think with the short amount of things Daniel normally packs, the bag wouldn't be so damn heavy. But, no. He filled it with a ton of books and notepads. Even his own mother said he wouldn't be able to read all of them. But, as usual, he figured he knew a little more and packed them anyway.

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A PRETTY GIRL IS LIKE A VIOLENT CRIME
                                                                    xxxxxxxxxI F xY O U xD O xI T xW R O N G xxxxxx Y O U xC O U L D xD O xT I M E
                                                                    xxxxbut xif xyou xdo xit xright xit xis xsublime
                                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi'm so in love with you, girl

xxxxxxxE M I L I A xxxC O O P E R

Emilia was the last one to pull up to the cottage in her car, her hip-hop music blaring through her opened windows and drowning out the peaceful sound of nature that had previously encompassed the area. Stepping out of her Mini Cooper, it appeared all the others had already gone inside, but she was too shocked by the dilapidated state the cottage was in to mind her tardiness much. She certainly hadn’t envisioned The Ritz when Fiona had first proposed the vacation idea, so her expectations were never very high to begin with – though that obviously had not prepared her for the dump that stood – just barely – before her eyes. In its defense, however, there was a certain rustic, homey charm to the structure once you got past the weathered parts and the dust. And there was plenty of dust.

Before long, the blonde caught up with the others all browsing the rooms, but decided to take the time to observe the new kids rather than doing her own inspection. A scoff almost escaped her lips when she saw the city girl’s stilettos, the corner of her lips twitching slightly from trying to keep the biting sarcasm at bay. She knew Fiona would be less than appreciative if she stirred up drama so early on during their stay, so she’d try to maintain her civility for the time being. Emilia hoped the girl had a winning personality to make up for the poorly-made first impression. She was willing to give the other a chance, for Fiona’s sake, even if she normally did not associate with the high-maintenance types.

When Daniel shot an anxious look at both Fio and herself, Emilia managed a laugh without inhaling the cloud of dust that had formed from all the movement. Daniel was so cute when he played protective older brother, but Emilia knew how to handle herself. Most of the time. "Actually, I was thinking the three of us could take the second bedroom," she shrugged, a mischievous smile easily settling on her face as she nodded her head into the respective room, "It’d be like a sleepover. We’d paint each other’s toenails, exchange juicy gossip. Besides, it’s not like you’ve never seen me in my knickers before, Danny." She was right – Emilia had a tendency of receiving house guests in nothing but her underwear. It was about the only courtesy she was willing to spare in the privacy of her home when she had company over.

Waiting for their input – and calculating just the sort of backlash she’d get from Fiona later for even suggesting they all bunked together – her eyes trailed over to the city boy who’d boldly asked for a lady roommate, a smirk warping from her once easygoing smile. It looked like she might just have some fun with these kids after all. "But I guess I’m fine with anything, too." She spared one more lingering look at the long-haired boy before turning to Fiona’s cousin and sending him a dazzling white grin. "You must be Aaron. Fi says nothing but good things about you so I was almost convinced you didn’t exist." Still grinning, she strode over to Daniel and swung an arm around his waist to give him a gentle shake, "This pretty bugger here is Daniel, by the way. And I’m Emilia, but feel free to call me Coop." Her gaze shifted onto the two people whose introductions she hadn’t heard yet, welcoming them to throw their names into the pot.

Devoted Elocutionist

11,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

Elijah smiled at his friend Aaron and his offer to share a room with him and he was about to answer when he noticed Fio began talking and said she's prefer the first room and called it as her's. And then there was Daniel, the second Eli heard that boy open his mouth he knew he was gonna have trouble with hanging around Fiona, at least with Danny-boy around. The young baseball player shot the overprotective boy a challenging glance, all the while keeping his grin on. It was in this moment that Emilia stepped in and began talking and introduced herself. He chuckled at her joke to Daniel and shot her the same mischievous looking smirk she had given him before return his gaze back to Fiona. True, both Emilia and Fiona were dames to be sought after, but he had seen and met Fiona first, there for setting his sights to her first as well.

"You know, I think I agree with Fio there. I'm pretty fond of the first room too. The beds are cool." Eli spoke with a seemingly evil and planning sort of tone as he turned to grin at Daniel, although he did momentarily halt on Emilia as well. With his response to the whole rooming situation, he bent down to pick up his bags and started to head towards the first room. "Sorry man," he directed his apology toward Aaron, "Hope you don't mind rooming with Danny-boy there and Coop. I'm sure the country kids don't mind with their sense of caring hospitality and all." The dark haired fiend spoke with his continued grin. He meant no offense to Emilia of course, only trying to get under Daniel's skin.

"I'm Elijah, by the way, but feel free to call me Eli," he said with a slight nod and extended a long-fingered hand to Fiona and although he seemed to be directing his introduction to Fiona, he was really introducing himself to the other two as well.

User Image User Image User Image

{OOC:// Oooh, dramaaa~ }

Eloquent Reveler

1. tab At the mention of a room upstairs, Cassandra raised an eyebrow at Fiona. "The attic?" the brunette repeated, turning to look at the redhead to see if she were serious. The idea was preposterous. "Well, if that was your room then there must be a master bedroom somewhere? Or did you make your parents sleep in the bunk beds?" Cassandra continued her inquisition, hoping that there is, in fact, another room she could stay in. Of course, if there was none, she'd be more than happy to take the one in the attic as long as she doesn't have to share the room with anyone. No matter the situation, she must always get her way.

tab The girl turned her attention to Fiona's friends who couldn't be any more different from Cassie. She wondered how they can all see the brighter side of things and enjoy themselves despite the situation. Maybe it's just the jet lag getting her down, and maybe, after some R&R, she would feel a lot better. But with conditions like these, how is she supposed to rest and relax? Her icy blue eyes darted to the blonde girl who introduced herself and the young man, then waited for them to introduce themselves as well. "I'm Cassandra," she said and gave the two of them a courteous smile. Everything Cassandra does is always out of courtesy. "You may, however, refer to me as Cassie."

Gracious Gaian

11,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
tab ❝Fiona Maria McKillian❞

tab tab a l l m y f r i e n d s — t h e y ' r e d i f f e r e n t p e o p l e — a n x i o u s l i k e t h e o c e a n i n a s t o r m,
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab W h e n w e g o o u t — y e a h w e r e e l e c t r i c — c o u r s i n g t h r o u g h o u r b o d i e s t i l l w e r e o n e .
tab tab tab tab ᴀ ɴ ᴅ ᴡ ʜ ʏ ᴍ ᴇ s s ᴜ ᴘ ᴀ ɢ ᴏ ᴏ ᴅ ᴛ ʜ ɪ ɴ ɢ ʙ ᴀ ʙ ʏ — ɪ ᴛ · s ᴀ ʀ ɪ s ᴋ ᴛ ᴏ ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ ғ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ɪ ɴ ʟ ᴏ ᴠ ᴇ
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab I s a i d o o h — o o h — w e r e i n d a n g e r — j u s t s l e e p i n g w i t h a f r i e n d

The gingers cheeks got about three shades pinker in the span of two seconds. Was she mistaken or was Elijah flirting with her? One thing was for sure, he was definitely going out of his way to annoy Daniel. Part of her, the part that was so fed up with trying to make him realize she was a date-able female, was enjoying the testosterone, but the majority of her was equal parts giddy and nervous. Her blue eyes trailed from Eli to Dan and then back again about six times in a moment, reading the obvious annoyance from her best friend and long time crush, and the mischievous laughter lighting up Eli's dark eyes. She let out a nervous laugh and tugged her hair out of its low pony tail so it spilled over her shoulders. "I mean, sleep wherever you want, mate, but I'm a bit of a talker when I'm asleep..." She somehow managed to keep her voice light and somewhat playful. This new boy made her heart flutter a bit. Fio was definitely not used to new boys. Especially not those with a daring little come hither smirk. "I'd be all for rooming with Coop, but I am generally ok with anything."

This is when the brunette bit of a thing piped up. Fio was getting the sense that it was going to be very hard to get along with Cassandra. "Um, well, the Attic is technically the master bedroom..." Fio began awkwardly, she pulled off her bright turquoise beanie and ran a hand through her fiery hair. "My parents usually slept in there when I was young but as my dad got higher spots at his job my mum handed over the big bed to me and slept in the bunk beds she grew up in... Honestly its probably the cleanest room in the house, I can get a bit meticulous sometimes." Something about this girl struck a bad chord with Fio. She had been trying to be nice all day, but this girl had been using a condescending tone like it was the only way she could speak! After all, Fio was giving up her beloved beautiful attic, with it's book nook, antique lovely bed that was soft and white, and the beautiful big window she used to sit on and watch the sun set from. All her favorite memories were in that room and she was giving them up for a stranger who couldn't even bother to put on a mask of optemism. 'Calm yourself Fio, if Aaron Likes her she must be special... Even if it is deep deep down... If she has a deep down that is.'

Fio turned to the group and smiled, trying to make it as genuine as possible. "So I know that this old place isnt as wonderful as I made it seem, but it can be I swear. All we need to do is decide who is sleeping where and clean it up a bit. So lets decide the roomies and we can get started with the cleaning. I think I can do the laundry, and the kitchen and bathrooms with a little help," she let her eyes connect with Daniels. "I would just love it if you could help me out, and then Aaron and Eli could dust all the tables and wood maybe? And Coop and Cassandra could fix up the bedrooms?" Fio glanced nervously around. All of this was suggestion, she wasnt really one to take lead. "I mean, if thats alright with you all... I could start the washer up right now and throw in all the sheets...You know, get that started while we decide on sleeping arrangements." She trailed off into a mumble almost and brushed her hair behind her ear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces