Welcome to Gaia! ::

King Rabbit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With a book in hand Nakida leaned back in her seat and started to looked through it deciding if she wanted to read it or not. Despite being head librarian she wasn't a total bookworm who read all the time. When she read the book had to be perfect or she would lose interest and find another one. Her taste in most things were this picky, if it wasn't right then she wasn't going to waste her time on it. It might look like quitting but she wasn't a slacker she just was a perfectionist. At times it was a real bother because she needed everything to be in it's place. As much as she completely adored people coming to the library, all age groups minus the very old were horrible at keeping things together. Either someone left a book out or put it back in the wrong place which upset her the most. She would rather put it back herself then find someone just shoved a book in any place they wanted. Still at the end of the day when she went around checking things and fixing them she liked to know she was getting it right. So the trait was a hassle but a relief. At least she never lost things, well usually she didn't lose things. The only place she unorganized was her car but no one but her went in there so it was fine. At the thought of her car she grabbed her phone to check the time. Soon she would be driving over to see Deliah just to hang around. No real reason but they were best friends and she liked to be around her over her usual friends. Since meeting her she had gotten tangled up in the lives of the people of her building. Already knowing Kas only added to getting tangled up and actually talk to the other people who lived there.

"Nakida, when are you leaving?" a young voice asked. Looking up she smiled the intern and shrugged looking around. People were moving around and it was probably the best idea to stay and help. But she was boss and that was why they had young interns to work as slaves. "Soon do you need help, hun," she asked standing up. The younger face frowned for a second at the pet name. She was only teasing she did it to everyone younger and everyone working for her. Maybe the power got to her head but she wasn't unbearable though she knew she could be a hassle. "Here I don't want this anymore," she said handing off the book and motioned her hand for the girl to go find it's place. After she scurried off Nakida grabbed her phone and purse then made her escape from the busy building. With a smirk she looked back and shrugged she worked late all the time. Today was a fun where she didn't want to be the boss all day and got into her car quickly. Old purses were scattered in the back along with make-up or things she tossed back when she was rushing in the morning. Someday she would get to taking it out but today was not that day. She started up the engine and pulled out the parking lot taking the short drive to the apartments.

Unlike her friends she actually lived in her own house. When she first brought it she didn't think she would end up living alone, but that was all behind her now. Having a house meant more cleaning and being alone meant not being able to push it on someone else. She didn't mind it and was used to it by now and liked to come home from work or being out with the girls to have privacy. Though she did plan on getting a pet soon to fill up the house a little and a maid maybe too. All these thoughts were washed away when she pulled up and walked into the lobby. A few familiar faces smiled at her as she made her way to the elevator and pressed her floor number. Hopefully they had something to snack on because she was starting to get hungry. Living along also meant having to feed herself which she forgot to do when she was home. In the wait she fiddled with her hair and her phone then looked up when the doors opened again.

TO : LY
                                                            OOPS FORGOT TO TEXT BUT I AM SECONDS AWAY FROM BUSTING
                                                            YOUR DOOR AND STEALING YOUR FOOD. :3

The phone was on caps lock from a previous text but she was too lazy to type it over again so she just went along with it. It could convey how close and hungry she was. Before she opened the door she knocked but just walked in anyways and spotted Ly. "Howdy," she smirked and laughed. She made fun of the accent but she actually adored it entirely. Nakida was Australian but from all her years of living here the accent wasn't as thick. Still she was proud of it and was fine when people teased her about it and just went along with the jokes. "I forgot to text before I left but I am already here so," she said and shrugged. With her keys still in hand she jingled them around and walked up closer leaning on the counter. Looking around she spotted Cam and offered a short nod. In her eyes he was a useless boy who did nothing. Nakida had a thing for people being adults by now and having a real job or at least continuing to learn in college. She was a rich girl who owned a house and had a job thanks to her parents but she went to college like everyone else and paid her own bills.

location : 4D / with : Ly & Cam / wearing : here

Invisible Ladykiller

11,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
                                              ┕⇢THE IMPULSIVE SHOPPER!

xxxAPARTMENT 4CxxxxxCONCERNEDxxxxxANA, NATE, & KAS

Carly started to put away some of the groceries she had dumped onto the kitchen counter, while she waited for Nate to respond. He was probably about to start answering her series of questions, or something, when the apartment door flew open. It was Kas, one of Carly's best friends, and roommates. "Hi Kas!" she greeted him cheerily. "Hey guys, how was your day?" he asked Carly and Nate. "It was good! We're planning on organizing a school show, and you're looking at the newest head of costume design!" she informed him, proudly. Though they hadn't decided on which play they were doing, Carly was really pumped for the show, and for a chance to exercise her true love for shopping.

"What are you guys making for the pot luck dinner? I hope it’s better than last year's one," said Nate. Carly nodded. Last year's potluck had been quite the disaster. Everyone had gotten food poisoning, and let's just say it wasn't pretty. Carly grimaced, thinking about it. "I haven't decided what to make yet," Carly answered. "You'll just have to wait and see..." she continued, giving Nate a fake mysterious look, before laughing. In all seriousness though, Carly had forgotten about the potluck completely , and had no clue what she was going to bring.

Right afterwards, Audrina, the newest member of their apartment, appeared, probably coming home from work. "Hey guys," she said, sounding exhausted, and looking pretty dirty too. "Long day, huh?" she commented sympathetically as the other girl trudged to her room.

Seeing Audri's state suddenly reminded her of why she had been in such a hurry to get home. Ana! She scanned her eyes around the apartment, looking for her, and then noticed a pair of legs sprawled out into the hallway, coming out from Ana's room. But then she heard her name. "So Carly, did you want to go get some coffee downstairs?" It was Nate. Carly turned her head to face him, distractedly. Of course she'd love to have coffee with him, it was always a fun time. But on the other hand, one of her best friends was passed out in the hallway. "Sure, Nate," she said, "But wait. I need to check on Ana first. She texted me earlier, sounding really upset. And I know you can't hear anyone through text message, but I'm pretty sure something happened," she said worriedly. "Look," she said, pointing to Ana's legs. Carly quickly walked over to the other girl, knowing that Nate and Kas would probably follow her, once they noticed Ana there.

"Aw, Ana, you poor thing," she murmured, watching her breath in and out. "I think she's sleeping. She was probably really tired. We should let her sleep," Carly told the others. "Help me move her onto her bed," she told Kas, as she pulled her bed sheets back. "Just try not to wake her," she added, whispering to emphasize her point.

Revered Poster

User Image
          User Image

tab Coffee finished to his liking and a relative amount of comfort with how his day has gone so far, Desmond was contemplating his next course of action. Obviously his morning consisted of having a '******** buddy' wake him after a night full of fun. As short lived as that morning after experience was, it was enjoyable. Of course the shower and cleansing process came after, but what was between the hours of him making coffee and the evening arriving? Even he didn't know. He had lost track of time reminiscing about his ex and zoning out that it was probable that he most likely dozed off for a bit on the couch or really didn't wake up as early as he thought he did. The second option was more realistic seeing as Desmond had yet to see a clock or check the time besides grabbing his phone. As groggy as he was or as zoned out as he might have been, it was clear that he didn't check the time or know of what hour it was. Him making coffee and taking a shower, with the sunlight still bright outside, made him think it was morning. But no, it was actually afternoon and Desmond had slept half the day to his surprise. This reveal was not discovered until Desmond double-checked the time on his phone after seeing it go off again and coming to terms with what time it really was. Five PM.

tab Unable to determine just how the hell he had lost so many hours in his day, or even think accurately about what time it was, Desmond was a bit shocked. Quickly picking up his phone, Desmond texted Audri in regards to his recent discovery in a tone in which it sounded relative to frantic and untimely. Wait, wait. What time is it? Is it seriously five o'clock right now? Tell me that I'm wrong and it's morning still. I can't believe that I slept half the day and lost a good chunk of free time. I thought when you had sent me the text messages, it was still morning. How in the hell did I lose so much time. This isn't good. Sent. At least Desmond was dressed for the day, which was good since he didn't have to worry about deciding what to wear. But the idea that he was so far behind today and had no way of making up for lost time? That was a problem. Reading all of Audri's texts at first glance made him wonder why Audri would be drinking vodka so early in the day. But now that he was aware of what time it really was, he understood it. Still, drinking while he was in such a confused and unaware state of mind was not something he'd enjoy. Desmond was still in the mindset of having to brew coffee, make breakfast and drive about the city for awhile. Not in the mindset of evening adventures.

tab Enduring the effects of a near-scorched tongue after a decision to sip his coffee much quicker, Desmond's day was suddenly starving to curveball significantly. Sure ,the coffee tasted good. But now that he had to depend on a single cup of coffee to make him coherent and awake enough to function, he was becoming a bit bitchy. Normally, Desmond would enjoy his coffee and even have time for two. Slow sips and a nice relaxing bout of reading the newspaper or enjoying the view from his rooftop porch. But, now he had to deal with the consequences of having no concept of time management as well as a damn-near burned tongue and a lateness about his daily routine that irked him significantly. Not only that, but his irritation with being so derailed caused his replies to Audri though text messages to be highly delayed and late too. Finally having a decent moment of clarity to reply back to Audri's texts accordingly, Desmond decided he would do just that in a single text instead of spacing them out like she had done. I am not a female when it comes to coffee. Come on. If I'm a girl when it comes to my coffee, you're more of a girl when it comes to your vodka. Ms. Hard Alcohol Princess. Lol. Morning issues.. not particularly just the one nighter. How'd you know about her anyway?

tab Again, Desmond would pause in the middle of typing out the text. Not only was he behind on everything, but he apparently told Audri about his 'sleepover' with Amber. To be honest, Desmond's day was just stockpiling into a ******** and Desmond himself was finding it hard to keep up. Perhaps he really should have set an alarm. But wait.. he did! Which in reality meant that Desmond must have fallen back asleep after Amber left and lost track of time when he had woken up due to the sun still gleaming outside. Ahh.. that made more sense. However, the effect of waking late still threw off Desmond's momentum and routines for the day significantly. Clearly, today was not his day. Trying to finish up on the remainder of the text message, Desmond went back to the attention of the text at hand and finalized his response quickly. Did I tell you about my sexual escapade and forget? Crap.. Today has been god awful so far now that I realized how much time I lost falling back asleep earlier. I seriously thought it was still eleven or twelve o'clock. My mind's all disoriented, my tongue is burnt because I tried to chug hot coffee and now I'm all sorts of discombobulated. Alcohol most likely wouldn't be the best of ideas right now. Sent. At least his response was complete honesty.

User Image

LOCATION | Desmond's Apartment (Kitchen)
                                                                    VEHICLE | 1969 Chevy Camero
                                                                    ATTIRE | Comfortable
                                                                    WITH | No One

User Image
                                                                    Pumpkin Sprinkles

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff