Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should fixing and updating the Guilds be made top priority for a while?

Yes! We have been neglected for too long! 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 15 ]
Not necessarily top priority, but they definitely need some work done. 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
I don't really care, I just like voting for gold. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Not really. I don't like or use guilds at all. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No. They are fine just the way that they are. 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
< 1 2 3

I seriously doubt that the guilds being on a different system of posting than the regular forums is deterring many members that would be of use in a non-spam guild. The posting basics are the same, but people get confused. For guilds that want content, those people getting annoying and leaving isn't that much of a bad thing. I also have seen a lot of people who would likely leave guilds and gaia if guilds posted the same way as they currently do in the regular forums.

Neglected, as in never showing up in announcements? That I believe. There are many people that don't ever hear of guilds until they get an invite. THAT is a problem. Things like the forum achievements not counting guild stuff, and no guild centered achievements, those are what is meant by neglect of guilds; where the existence of them is all but denied.

6,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
@Karma

Yeah that would pretty much be it o3o

Distinct Hunter

8,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
LillianSaire
I seriously doubt that the guilds being on a different system of posting than the regular forums is deterring many members that would be of use in a non-spam guild. The posting basics are the same, but people get confused. For guilds that want content, those people getting annoying and leaving isn't that much of a bad thing. I also have seen a lot of people who would likely leave guilds and gaia if guilds posted the same way as they currently do in the regular forums.

Neglected, as in never showing up in announcements? That I believe. There are many people that don't ever hear of guilds until they get an invite. THAT is a problem. Things like the forum achievements not counting guild stuff, and no guild centered achievements, those are what is meant by neglect of guilds; where the existence of them is all but denied.

On the contrary, I know a number of people that refuse to use guilds because they are not as post-friendly as forums. It's not that they get annoyed and leave, it's that they won't even join at all because they don't like them. Guilds are just subforums in the grand scheme of gaia, really. User-made subforums that are exclusive to certain members. And that you say anyone would leave guilds if they posted the same as forums is kind of silly, imo. Guilds do post mostly the same as forums, save for a few inconveniences. Really the main one is subscriptions and stuff like that. The more they beef up the forums, the less attention guilds get that we need. And yes, we have become like the underground secret labs that nobody wants to become a part of because nobody really knows what they are. neutral
I despise that the regular forums aren't liquid layout like guilds. And yes, when school is severely limiting my time scrolling on every flipping pages, or to read each line, will definitely have me spending less time than I would on my guild.
A similar problem is that post actions for the regular forums are now on the side, which is mostly cut off. Oh, and I really dislike the lack of option when posting to show or not to show signature that the regular forums got rid of.

I love the quick post thing, and subscriptions would be GREAT. But the thing is, subscriptions have nothing to do with the problems I have with regular forum posting.

Distinct Hunter

8,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mkay, well to be honest, our topic isn't about making guilds EXACTLY like forums, and it's not about what we don't like about forums. It's about the kind of changes you want to see in guilds. I'm not saying that having everything exactly the same as the forums would be nice, I'm just saying that being able to have SOME of the things that forums have would be nice. Like quickposting and subscriptions, and notifications when you are quoted and things like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff