Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Cultist

My perler beads have been melting lately, or worse, individual beads within pieces seem to melt at different rates. How do i correct this? Do I make the heat higher? Lower? Do something different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The things used to color the beads might respond to heat a little differently. It's all the plastic, but before it's plastic, it's all something else first. Age or quality control could be a factor, too. Do the beads all come from the same manufacturer? Did you buy them at the same time? Are they all the same brand? If you can find something all the dud beads have in common, you might be able to prevent getting bad ones in the future.

Dapper Cultist

Lychee Fruit
The things used to color the beads might respond to heat a little differently. It's all the plastic, but before it's plastic, it's all something else first. Age or quality control could be a factor, too. Do the beads all come from the same manufacturer? Did you buy them at the same time? Are they all the same brand? If you can find something all the dud beads have in common, you might be able to prevent getting bad ones in the future.

Thanks, I've been suspicious of this. Most of the beads are all new and from the same company, but some are older and from a different brand. I cant tell which are which anymore, but that could be it.

Lonely Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Also, don't put it on high, put it in the mid to high area, and go in circles. Some people like it really melted though. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff