Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need to find a traditional Japanese kimono pattern so I can make one for my junior prom. Does anyone have a useable pattern that I can print out or can anyone direct me to a company that has them?
I guess no one has any ideas......
You could try Google's listings for "kimono pattern". I know that Simplicity makes several different ones.
There's this really nice store near my house that sells patterns, but they're pretty expensive...I guess I can't really help! >_<
If you can find some Burdas, look for the one from January 2004. If you can't get it at all I can scan it for you... It's short, but I guess you can make it longer.

The large one is probably pretty much what you're looking for. It's got sizes 34 to 44 (I guess that should be 4 to 14 in American sizes?).
User Image

If you can afford it, you can buy some patterns here.
http://www.smartcart.com/patternsgalore/index.cgi?page=cgi/search.cgi
http://www.smartcart.com/patternsgalore/index.cgi?page=cgi/search.cgi
You could do a search for it.
Oh that little girl's dress on the picture is so cute smile
eiry
It really is. smile I can take pictures of the patterns if needed... It's not a problem.
Bloodless Amber
eiry
It really is. smile I can take pictures of the patterns if needed... It's not a problem.

Ooh would you? I really like it.
Alright. You wanted the "Chinagirl" and not the Kimono, right?
Well, this outfit has two parts... But I've only got sizes for children here. Would you like me to still scan it, and you'll make the necessary adjustments?

Edit: If anyone's interested in a pattern, please PM with your e mail address, since I can't find a good place to upload them to.
If you go to craft stores, you can find patterns for kimonos under halloween costumes.
Simplicity has a kimino pattern in their formal section. It's an actual traditional pattern and has the water sleeves done correctly. It also comes with a haori pattern and as well as the right kind of obi, although it's simplistic.

There's also a McCalls pattern in the halloween costumes that looks traditional. I have not made this, but I looked over it and it does look traditional, but I suggest the simplicity one more than the McCalls.

And even though this is late in reply to this thread and you might have already bought one of those patterns listed above, but if you want traditional, do not go with those. The one the lady is wearing is just a Westernized sexy looking version and is horribly incorrect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff