Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Crochet?

yes 0.50704225352113 50.7% [ 36 ]
no 0.29577464788732 29.6% [ 21 ]
????? 0.19718309859155 19.7% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 >

Wow, with the new knitting craze going around, I'm starting to beleive that I'm the only person who crochets! Please prove me wrong...
Don't fret about it too much. The people behind Stitch'n'b***h is making a crochet book so hopefully some new peeps might start hooking up with crochet.

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Hey I crochet but not all that often , I showed off what I did in this thread
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11815349

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I crochet and i knit. The combination of the two has enabled me to do things that i wouldn't have thought of if i could only do one of the two. Flipping through a knitting book, deciding that it looked to hard but i could do something similar with crocheting, liking the finished project more then the one in the book. Unable to find a crochet glove pattern i like, pick up the knitting needles.
i do both. personally, i think chrocheting is way easier and produces faster results, but this might just be me. i've made some scarves, socks, and hats, but nothing huge like a blanket.
Chrochet is one of the first crafts I learned and is my old faithful, I come back to it again and again no matter how many new things I try. I make a variety of things with crochet. I work with thread mostly making things like doilies, center pieces, once a table cloth. I also use thicker yarn, reacently i made 2 throw blankets (one my grandson kidnaped) and a purse. Chrochet like many of the other crafts go threw fads, sometimes it is in and some times it is not.

I know how to knit but only the very basics. I have never realy treid to make anything with it. I also do a number of other crafts, such as tatting beading sewing and such. I reacently learned of some (its a style i forget the name of) stiches that are chrochet that mimic knitted stiches.

Chrochet may be down for now but it is by no means dead.

Lady Aradia
I can sort of crochet... emphasis on sort of.
I'm a knitter through and through.
Everyone always says crocheting is easier, but I never have been able to get past the basics.

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Also, knitting uses less yarn then crocheting, just thought i'd throw that out there.

Fashionable Protagonist

13,340 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I crochet. I have made two small blankets, numerous small rugs, doilies, a pair of baby booties, and I'm in the middle of making a full-sixed blanket. My grandmother taught me to crochet, and I have been doing it since I was six or seven.

Dapper Vegetarian

I crochet.
I've made things such as baby blankets, scrunchies, a case for my camera, scarves, and even a bikini!

Crocheting rocks!
...until my friends make fun of me and throw my yarn across the room, yelling "crochet faster!" xp
I crochet, when i first started everyone in my family called it knitting by accident and i would get mad. and my brother calls it "crah-kit-ing" anyways, i knit too now but i perfer crocheting, although im always jealous that I like some of the knitting patterns alot but I can never find them in crocheting.

I made a baby blanket for my one cousin, its one of the pics on my webbie http://www.geocities.com/ajazzydancer/My_creations.html
I also have a picture of crocheted snowflakes i gave my friends for x-mas
I crochet and knit. I haven't figured out which one I prefer, though. They're both rather fun.
I used to crochet, but I gave it up nine years ago when I was 8. I'm trying to pick it up again because I think I should be able to do more with yarn than just knit.
I love crocheting, I've been doing it since I was seven. I hate how you can never find good patterns like for knitting. I am working on making my own patterns and think I have found a way to make that kind of woven cable stitch!
Happiness is a ball of yarn! 4laugh

I crochet and I knit, though I am newer to the latter. I've chrocheted probably a dozen afgans (I donate them to nursing homes), an attempt at a sweater, a couple of bags, plushies and several scarves. I've knitted a couple of scarves, a few cosplay hats, and I'm working on a blanket.

If you want to see the cosplay hats and the plushies, go here: http://www.geocities.com/sheenamegami/me.html. The cosplay hat is at the bottom of the page, and the plushie is on the next one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff