Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Dabbler

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Salmay
Well I finished my very first amigurumi. It is a cat. rather crooked.

Congrats! care to share a pic?
Sanami
Salmay

I only have a film camera. I can take some pictures though. I think the film is nearly done and the photo lab can put stuff on discs for me. Tomorrow maybe.

It is very crooked though. And not tight enough I think.

Dedicated Dabbler

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
that's all right. the first time I crocheted anything, I had made a scarf that started at 6" across and ended up 3 1/2" across...

...and that's why I crochet them lengthwise from now on!
I remember my first ami, once i figured out how to fianlly stitch the thing. lol it was terrible I threw it away. lol

sanami I feel you on the whole getting them through mail, I am probably going to have to do the same thing just to get different colors. It is really weird here, I asked the person at the craft store where I bought the eyes if they were going to get any different colors and she looked at me like she had no idea what i was talking about. (reminds me of the service at bestbuy no one knows anything) Anywho, the town I live in for some reason customer service is terrible I mean is it so hard to do your job? ah maybe I ask to much from people. Anywho, back to the point. Know any good online stores that sell different color and sized safty eyes bulk for a good price?

Dedicated Dabbler

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
There are a few on etsy, here are the links:
Enami Eyes

6,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Salmay
Sanami
Salmay

I only have a film camera. I can take some pictures though. I think the film is nearly done and the photo lab can put stuff on discs for me. Tomorrow maybe.

It is very crooked though. And not tight enough I think.

i'm sure it's not that bad...my first ami...*shudder*...well, my husband loves it, so i can't throw it out. sweatdrop
whooooa, i might need to pick up a pair of those albino eyes. they're pretty intense looking. eek

Dedicated Dabbler

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I think they'd look good on a more realistic ami, like a rabbit or a guinea pig

I wish I was at home so I could get a bunch of those clear eyes and paint them myself. Maybe I could even use my color-changing nail polish on them.

Ah well, there's always winter break sweatdrop
or even better, a zombie ami!
or just an infected ami. >w<!
anyone know how i would go about crocheting this?

User Image

i'd like to use it for making a horn. :3
my second creature for a little art show! ^____^
his name is nommy and he has little t-rex arms. ahah.

User Image

User Image
Okay here is my first amigurumi. It's a cat. no laughing

User Image

Dedicated Dabbler

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
aww! I like the stripes heart

oh, and you gave it whiskers! surprised

not bad for a first try wink
Sanami
aww! I like the stripes heart

oh, and you gave it whiskers! surprised

not bad for a first try wink

Not sure if I used the right thread.

It's the cat from the "Tiny ami" chapter from Amigurumi world. The other ami must be rather big...
2 Nic: Wow thats pretty intense, the snake. This is just an idea I dont know how it would turn out. But could you make a cone, and then make a spiral of cluster stitches up the cone? (or what ever stitch you find would work best) Hope that makes sense.
Also cute ami once again! amazing!!
Speaking of patterns, I saw a picture of your charmander in the guild, how did you make the tail? Im working on that dino/monster one, and having a little difficulty getting the tail the way I would like it. Any tips

2 Sanami: thanks for the links, I was looking through the pages and they even have cute little noses!!! :cute:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff