hollywood
    grand hotel
    the girl in the cafe
    kamikaze girls

BOYS

side by side by side - control
    situation: overworked
    generally: neurotic, sweet, fussy, blue-blooded
    drop a line: a person like him doesn't have the good things and he doesn't have the bad things, but he doesn't have the good things either.

coffeeshop nights - alt
    situation: landed a leading role
    generally: grounded, melodramatic, fast, acerbic
    drop a line: so it’s a fine life, a perfectly fine life. i'd give it … two cheers

without love - delete
    situation: writer's block
    generally: flirty, arrogant, amiable, tricky
    drop a line: once i was a selfish fool who never understood. never looked inside myself - but on the outside, i looked good!

GIRLS

linda linda - file
    situation: getting over the loss of her mother
    generally: tough, independent, insecure, sarcastic
    drop a line: even though it may not be love, i'll never leave you.

the ladies who lunch - edit
    situation: hitting the peak of her career
    generally: perky, feminist, wily, smart
    drop a line: and here's to the girls who play wife - aren't they too much? keeping house but clutching a copy of LIFE, just to keep in touch.

someone else's story - view
    situation: identity crisis
    generally: spacy, airy, romantic, gullible
    drop a line: i could be in someone else's story, in someone else's life, and he could be in mine.

THE TRIPLE DATE

control & view - third date
    alt & file
    delete & edit

control likes and is dating view
    control has a crush on file
    control is best friends with delete
    control vaguely knows alt

alt has a crush on view
    alt is friends with edit
    alt vaguely knows control
    alt doesn't like delete

delete had a one-night stand with view
    delete was rejected by file
    delete wants to crack edit
    delete is best friends with control

file has a crush on control
    file kinda likes alt
    file is friends with edit
    file is best friends with view

edit hates view
    edit is trying not to fall for delete
    edit kinda likes alt
    edit is friends with file

view likes and is dating control
    view finds delete dreamy
    view is best friends with file
    view hates edit
-----All of these lines across my face
-----Tell you the story of who I am
-----So many stories of where I've been
-----And how I got to where I am
-----But these stories don't mean anything
-----When you've got no one to tell them to
-----It's true...I was made for you

everything is illuminated

User Image

is there anybody alive out there?

--------------------------»

------{ My Birthright }- -» Foxwell David Remshire
--------------With a few exceptions-» Fox, David, Remy
------{ This day and age }--» Thirty &{31}& one years
------{ All I've got }--» are m a l e parts
------{ Pick & choose }--» chasing after [ s k i r t s ]
------{ Tales of old }--» the drained Intellect

------{ Gates to the soul }- -» Hazel-stained glass
------{ Torture me }- -» The colour of the night sky after heavy rain
------{ Birthday suit }- -» As fair as it is possible to be in India
------{ Notch in the wall }- -» fivef o o televen & 145 [lbs]
------{ Scar tissue }- -» A birthmark on the inside of his left ankle
------{ More than good looks }- -» There may not be another way to your heart.

------{ Read me like a book }- -»
------------{ Shy }

To say the least, David is an incredibly shy individual. He's the type to stand in a corner and shuffle his feet at a party.
He doesn't spend enough time away from his precious books to be adept at any type of social activity at all, and prefers
to let others introduce him rather than introducing himself. He's horrible at making conversation with people he
doesn't know, and even when he does attempt to do this, the best he can do is to make small talk. He's good at talking
if he's warmed up to a topic, or if he happens to be close to the people he's talking to, but generally he'll only enter
conversations to offer the small comment or bit of snark.

------------{ Curious }

Being an intellectual, David is, naturally, a very curious individual. This, as a result, has resulted in a few unhappy
people, as people generally do not appreciate having someone else's nose poked into their private business. Despite
this, his real love lies in books, and he hoards as many of them as he can. He spends his days absorbed in words
and lives to collect more. He has an insatiable thirst for knowledge and never stops trying to gather as much
information as he can.

------------{ Meticulous }

As befits someone whose life is devoted to the pursuit of knowledge, David is a bit OCD. He likes things to be neat
and clean, and does everything with great care. It is only on the rare occasion that he charges into something
without thinking. He enjoys keeping order and knowing exactly where things are. He can get a bit frustrated when he
doesn't, but he generally handles it well enough.

------------{ Awkward }

Thanks to his complete lack of social skills, David can be a very awkward person to hang around. he tends to use rather
convoluted rhetorical statements in his speech, as well as rather odd comments and things that you would only figure out
if you were really looking for them. He's a bit more of a philosopher and a scientist than anything else, so his talk tends
to be full of whatever jargon he feels like using at the moment, and as a result he either talks nonsense or in extremely simple
phrases. He's good about knowing where the line is, and shuts up when he feels that he really ought to.

------------{ Smart }

Above all, David is smart. He doesn't spend his life collecting knowledge just to have it all go in one ear and out the other.
He's an insightful individual, and knows exactly how to put his knowledge to use. He's resourceful, and tends to pick up
small details that come in useful later in the long run. Given that he usually has multiple trains of thought running at the
same time, he can be a bit scatterbrained, but he knows when and how to use his acumen.

------------{ Honest }

One of David's biggest faults is that he's honest. Although this generally isn't perceived as a fault, David is one of those
people who is brutally honest. When he does speak, he speaks his mind, and this inevitably creates conflict. He doesn't
really trust in white lies, believing that the truth would be better. However, at times, his honesty may come in handy,
although it has yet to prove itself so.

------------{ Sweet }

David has a sweet personality. Besides the shyness, he's a terribly nice person and does his best to be polite. He's
got a sense of chivalry, and tries to stand up for himself, which he finds hard to do given that he is more a wiry man
than a buff one. He generally enjoys making others happy and is perfectly content as long as they are.

--------------Guilty pleasures-»
--------------------• Reading
--------------------• Sketching
--------------------• Libraries
--------------------• Chess
--------------------• Stained glass
--------------------• Moving water
--------------Pushing buttons-»
--------------------• Poisonous creatures
--------------------• Alcohol
--------------------• Being put under pressure
--------------------• Interruption
--------------------• Immaturity
--------------------• Misplacing things
--------------Under the covers-»

David is terribly afraid of fires. Not in the conventional sense, in that he himself is afraid to be burned, but that the
things he holds dear to him will be. After all, paper is extremely flammable, and at the moment, certain papers are
the most valuable things to him in the world.

Also, he's quite afraid of rejection, which explains his grand total of zero forays into the world of romance. He's
deathly afraid of spending the rest of his time alone, but doesn't know how to get over it and figure out a relationship.

------{ Old habits die hard }- -»
------------{ Blood }

David has a habit of, when he's nervous, biting his lips until they bleed.

------------{ Pressured }

David is very bad about acting under pressure. Sometimes, it all just clicks and he does amazing work, but sometimes
he cracks and has something of a breakdown.

------{ Skeletons in the closet }- -»
' He once stole the notebooks of a famous biologist when he had returned from an expedition. He got out unscathed,
and still has the notebooks to this day.

------{ Tell me, doctor }- -»
---------• Slight vertigo during panic attacks
---------• A lesser case of hemophilia
---------• Allergic to goat milk
------{ Wait! I can't forget my }- -»
---------• A set of small black notebooks in which he takes notes on absolutely everything
---------• A simple, silver bracelet given to him by his mother
---------• A Swiss Army knife given to him by his father
------{ Daydreaming }- -»

Really, David isn't into that whole wallflower idea pasted on women in the 19th century. He'd rather have someone
who can think for herself, because God knows they'd be miserable if he had to think for her. He wants someone who
is on the same intellectual plane as he is, someone to whom he doesn't have to explain every little detail. And he
wants someone who'll appreciate him for who he is.

------{ Someday, somehow }- -»
---------• To meet his hero, Darius J. Poole
---------• To be loved
------{ Slow motion relapse }- -»

Born to Nicholas and Jeanine Remshire, Foxwell was brought up in a thoroughly unremarkable way. Educated in the
best schools his parents could send him to, Foxwell shot to the top of his classes, devouring books and
securing himself a place in Cambridge. His career really took off once he graduated from university and
began working on his own, picking up the pace. For as long as he could remember, he had always wanted
to go to India. It had once been the center of science, the hub of the world. There had to be some of that arcane knowledge
left somewhere. And even if there wasn't, there were still so many possibilities. The furthering of his knowledge was
inevitable.

He arrived a few years before our current setting, young and eager to learn. However, it was soon before he found
himself missing his mother country, discovering that India really wasn't all that it was cracked out to be. However, having
squandered his money on trying to expose India's secrets, he had no choice but to settle down, at least until he was able to
make enough money to go back home. However, with this attempt on his life. he's finding that perhaps he had only scratched
the surface of what India had to offer, as, from what he can see, there is some greater power at work than that of a man.
Or so he would like to think.

All for the pursuit of knowledge, the key to the world.

--------Little house on the prairie-»
---------• Father: Nicholas Simon Remshire
---------• Mother: Jeanine Ariana Remshire

{ Behind it all }- -» Henri Ducard
{ don't break the mirror }

among ashheaps & millionaires
    an advanced literate roleplay
    rules:
    NOTE TO SELF. EDIT
    four paragraphs good, two paragraphs ba-a-ad}

• This is an advanced role-play. I trust you know what this term means, but I'll clarify anyway. The absolute least number of paragraphs you should have in one post is four. Obviously, these are not two- or three-sentence paragraphs. Just remember: "if you have to ask, you can't afford it."

[we play with different toys]

• I have three words for you, and I expect you to bow down and obey their every whim. Terms of Service. I'm sure you've seen this several times before; you know the drill. This isn't the erotica fanclub, it's Gaia, and as much as we hate it, there are little kids on here who could be scarred for life by the hormonal perversion of puberty. As for violence, well, we can assume they've already been desensitized by those vulgar videogames of theirs. Not that I see much opportunity for real violence in this role-play.

{i'm a big kid now}

• I know that, excepting the minds lying all over my thread's gutter, you all have the ability, and perhaps the tendency, to act like five year-olds. Well, okay. So do I. I also know that we all love some good role-play drama. Yelling, catfights, the works. Let's be civil in the out-of-character thread, though. We're big boys and girls; we can handle the few, simple guidelines listed here.

[it burns us, precious]

• For the sake of retinas everywhere, please keep your font in sizes ten and eleven and gently, caringly steer it away from unwise colour choices that could drastically impact its life and the lives of those around it. If you'd like to jazz up your posts with some psychedelic formatting, please feel free to. I only ask that you stick with the same font colour (unless it's melting eyes from their sockets and you are asked to change it, which shouldn't happen anyway), picture(s), lyric(s), et cetera in each post.

{slow & steady's how i like it}

• I've seen first-hand how slow advanced role-plays move. They're like frozen molasses. So, no, I'm not asking for a post a day; I don't want to kill you. Then I'd be down a role-player. No, a post or two a week should be sufficient. Or even less, if you're slow but too lovable to punish for it. I won't mention names.

[what a lovely fruit spread]

• Human beings in general seem to like having a selection. Why else would there be so many different brands of deodorant, right? Well, Henpen and I are no exception. We like our applicant and deodorant choices to be numerous and plenty (like our adjectives, you may notice). For this reason, we will accept as many profiles as you feel like sending our way before making the ultimate decision of who will receive each highly coveted spot. Canis canem edit, baby.

{just put it on my tab, buddy}

• As kind and loving and forgiving and incendiary as we're sure you all are, there will be absolutely no reserving of spots. That wouldn't be very fair, now, would it? No. And we're the fairest ones in the land. In both meanings of the word. And we happen to think it's a good idea that, us being such glorious and magnanimous hosts, you at least try to be worthy of the affection and benefit we shower upon your puny consciousness. All we ask of you to complete this task satisfactorily is simple commitment. That's not so hard, is it? Oh, and don't steal our layout. Or we'll eat your face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff