Welcome to Gaia! ::

oke what about this one is nto just a trap it is aspecialy about the way you tell your players what is goning on after the fought through a big dongeon they finaly reach the corridor to the treagory there is only one door en that is the door of the treagory when they enter the corridor you say to them the herd a flash (this is where there is a invisability sphere cast apon them) then when they get to the door of the treagory they are like eto check for traps there are none the door is even open to now is the part were it get's fun for the DM you tell them when the enter that it is a big room an it is fillled whit treasure andyou thell them diffirent expensive and good items lie there and then when your finnished with somming al the expensive things and items you thel them ther is an collosol black dragon 20 feet away from the player stadning the farest away from the door and you thel them that he is awake but doesn do any thing he is just staring at the door they just come through ( he doesn see them becaus of that invisibility sphere I talked about earlyer) they will probably run away and maby come back later when the stronger but if the want to get some treasure any way hte firt thing they touch fil activate a trape wich sommons a ston wall around an above them like a sphere and within that sphere ( wich saround all the players ) there is a ray of exaustion cast on al the player wich make the exauted the ray is cast just before the wall disapears the wall disapears when the invisablity sphere ends wich leaves the exausted before an awake and ready to atack black dragon so they better leave
Just about anything from Grimtooth's.

I mean c'mon, who doesn't love giant lobsters?
Stepped on a trip line that actived a modified magic mouth spell that says the command word to activate an instant fortress spell. A fortress appeared in a 10' hallway. I was pretty damn dead.
My most memorable trap was a trap inside of a trap. First they fell through a falling floor trap. they fell for about 100 ft and they all survived and moved around to then activat the moving wall trap. while this happened some gases were seeping in the wall to make them fall asleep. well lets just say they all got out after another two lvls of this torture but one came out with one leg missing another with his hand and one who didnt wake up for about 7 days.
Nallof
My most memorable trap was a trap inside of a trap. First they fell through a falling floor trap. they fell for about 100 ft and they all survived and moved around to then activat the moving wall trap. while this happened some gases were seeping in the wall to make them fall asleep. well lets just say they all got out after another two lvls of this torture but one came out with one leg missing another with his hand and one who didnt wake up for about 7 days.

blaugh Best trap ever! One in a coma, one without a leg and one without a hand. biggrin xd
I had one thet sucked, my DM put a snare trap under 2ft of water then made the floor drop out, I was so angry because I was the rouge and my party (now dieing) had left me behind to pick a lock. Just as I finished with the lock I went to find them and I then had to save them from drowning.
The best I had was a shrine/tomb with illusionary floors (on which my character lovingly smashed his head into the floor when wanting to see if the spiketrap underneath a fake floor has disappeared, but instead the floor had become solid) and walls, and we forgot to check the walls when walking through a narrow corridor with an illusionary crown at the end. So, we walk back, and FLOP, Gelatinous cube.

And yes, awesome, ArcVembris.
Well one of the most memorable traps I ever created is a bit complex but here it goes. The main trap is a 2-foot deep whole that is accessed by a pivoting floor tile. The victim steps on the tile and it pivots letting the foot and leg pass into the hole. The tile being pivoted by the fall of the victim causes it to collide with the victim's upper leg, doing damage or maybe even breaking bone. Also at the bottom of this hole is a spike with varies chemicals on it, knockout chemical being the norm, and also a trigger for two separate events. The first is a spike that impales the lower leg and locking it in the hole. While the second start either an illusion or a very real buzz saw like mechanism. The victim, if still conscious, and other party members should have heard the bone breaking, the spike shoot out and impale the lower leg and now the start of the buzz-saw coming closer. See what make this trap interesting are the choices of the players, more specifically how to get the leg out of the hole while this insanely, loud buzz saw comes closer. Now to get the victims leg out requires some though and quick actions as the buzz saw approaches.

They can do a lot of thing and all of them rather entertaining. The end effect of the trap on the group I was DMing was they group cut off the victims legs while he was unconscious (from the traps drug)as they helped him escape an illusionary buzz saw. Though I've seen and heard many other solutions to this problem.
Pick up a gold coin in an abandonded mine. Then thousands of ghosts pop up.
A party I was in once came across a sealed tomb... Most everyone wanted to go in, because we had reason to trace soem recent problems to critters living in it. Soooo, our Rogue prepared to examine the thing for traps.

But before he did, our Elven Wizard stepped in front of him to say that he didn't want to disturb the dead. But he made the mistake of putting his hand on the door.

He died. It was really, really lame. razz
Tris_Skyshadow
A party I was in once came across a sealed tomb... Most everyone wanted to go in, because we had reason to trace soem recent problems to critters living in it. Soooo, our Rogue prepared to examine the thing for traps.

But before he did, our Elven Wizard stepped in front of him to say that he didn't want to disturb the dead. But he made the mistake of putting his hand on the door.

He died. It was really, really lame. razz

Haha, oh god, that is so awful.
Stormydoom
Pick up a gold coin in an abandonded mine. Then thousands of ghosts pop up.

I don't like your idea. that trap almost killed me
I know wasn't it fun.
Try this trap on for size.
A mind control trap that take control of one PC. Now that's Evil!!!
after the classic swinging pendulum trap parrellel to the walls this time was a spring loaded scythe deised with warp touch razz that hurts
DracoObscura
Minesweeper. You need a Windows PC with the Minesweeper game for this.

A perfectly proportioned room of whatever size you like with a tiled floor. Every tile is 5x5 ft. You load a new game of Minesweeper and discover the pattern (beat it if you want, but you can also just die immediately). The tiles corrospond to the squares in your minesweeper game. The 'mines' on the tiles are Symbols of Death which are activated when you step on them. Fun huh?

I actually did that, except it was on a larger area than just 5 X 5, and it was at every corner of a rectangular hallway. Also, when someone stepped on a trapped tile, spikes or blades came from the ceiling. The really funny thing is that one guy didn't care at all and just ran through it. He completely missed all the traps, but the person carefully counting screwed up and got a party member skewered.

One simple trap I set for a party recently was having a room with pairs of portcullises on each side. Only one would stay open at a time in each pair, and it was toggled by a lever in the central chamber. (It was meant to be a security room when the cave was populated by bandits. Luckily, one door was broken, so the group could enter without needing the switch manned.) This also meant that at least one party memeber had to be left behind to flip the switch for the rest of the group as they went on. To keep things from getting boring, the individual left behind was soon attacked by a number of giant spiders. If the fight didn't go well, the party would have come back to the central room, only to find the person left behind coccooned and ready to be eaten!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff