Welcome to Gaia! ::

Victoria kreuz
Itherial
Victoria kreuz
I've been to busy to even post here D:
I fixed All my chaos space marines, so i now have Loads of them biggrin 500+ infantry or something

And brought 3 dark eldar battle sets, a box of sco

urges and two of incubi so i need to build all of those. The scourges are pretty and have nice guns :/ i might get a lot more

I need Storage for my armies as is..though I could use some more for my 2 40k and my fantasy army.

I'm using my brothers room biggrin it has a smallish walkin cuboard just filled with foampadded boxes for our chaos and dark eldar

I have to take my army to the store so I need something to carry stuff in. My Zombie Dragon is very delicate so I need a carrying case that I can put him in and about 400 skeleton and other troops.

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Itherial
Victoria kreuz
Itherial
Victoria kreuz
I fixed All my chaos space marines, so i now have Loads of them biggrin 500+ infantry or something

urges and two of incubi so i need to build all of those. The scourges are pretty and have nice guns :/ i might get a lot more

I need Storage for my armies as is..though I could use some more for my 2 40k and my fantasy army.

I'm using my brothers room biggrin it has a smallish walkin cuboard just filled with foampadded boxes for our chaos and dark eldar

I have to take my army to the store so I need something to carry stuff in. My Zombie Dragon is very delicate so I need a carrying case that I can put him in and about 400 skeleton and other troops.

Ohgod D: we got one of those large troop carrying cases GW does for free with a load of stuff off eBay so that makes getting stuff around a lot easier :/
Victoria kreuz
Itherial
Victoria kreuz
Itherial
Victoria kreuz

Ohgod D: we got one of those large troop carrying cases GW does for free with a load of stuff off eBay so that makes getting stuff around a lot easier :/

I have one for just my Tyranids but I need another 2 for my other armies. Ravenhawks are huge so I need one for them with my other tanks.

Beloved Lunatic

Just ordered more IG infantry. I don't know how I don't go broke for this game. No matter what I've got, I'm always in this state of trying to figure out what I need to add. Oh, and now I'm reminded I need a bigger carrying case. The open wound in my wallet continues to bleed. Ha! I love Warhammer 40k. Looking forward to trying Fantasy as well iif I can find time to assemble an army.

Dangerous Loiterer

I'm a noob vanilla marine player, and I wanna start a mainly tank list. So far I've got a razorback, a rhino, an attack bike, one tactical squad with a flamer and missile launcher, and a captain with a lighting claw and a storm bolter. (I know, got a rhino, and it doesn't have a troop to go with it, but a buddy of mine is gonna let me use a tactical squad of his) I also plan on buying the following, (when I have the funds, of course)

1 Master Of The Forge

1 Thunderfire cannon with tech priest

1 dreadnought with twin linked autocannon

1 scout squad

1 vindicator

1 more attack bike

atleast 1 predator

and an terminator squad in a land raider

Tell me what you think
I-GoldenEyes-I
I'm a noob vanilla marine player, and I wanna start a mainly tank list. So far I've got a razorback, a rhino, an attack bike, one tactical squad with a flamer and missile launcher, and a captain with a lighting claw and a storm bolter. (I know, got a rhino, and it doesn't have a troop to go with it, but a buddy of mine is gonna let me use a tactical squad of his) I also plan on buying the following, (when I have the funds, of course)

1 Master Of The Forge

1 scout squad

1 vindicator

1 more attack bike

atleast 1 predator

Tell me what you think

You need at least two troop choices and you have just a scout squad. I say get a tactical squad with a transport then equip them with heavey weapons so you can take an objective with them like a bunker. That way you get to objectives faster by rhino and they can fend for themselves. Make it a full unit too since they might take casualties out of the rhino or if the rhino is destroyed. Attack bikes are good tank hunters so use a melta cannon as the weapon and use them as a squad of attack bikes. Terminators in a land raider will be pricey money and point wise so make sure it doesn't get shot down in the first few turns. The vindicator has low range so make sure you shoot it at max range so it does not scatter back onto the vindicator. Predator can be useful....but you didn't say what it is armed with....you can make it anti-tank or anti-troop.

Dangerous Loiterer

Itherial
I-GoldenEyes-I

1 Master Of The Forge

1 scout squad

1 vindicator

1 more attack bike

atleast 1 predator

Tell me what you think

You need at least two troop choices and you have just a scout squad. I say get a tactical squad with a transport then equip them with heavey weapons so you can take an objective with them like a bunker. That way you get to objectives faster by rhino and they can fend for themselves. Make it a full unit too since they might take casualties out of the rhino or if the rhino is destroyed. Attack bikes are good tank hunters so use a melta cannon as the weapon and use them as a squad of attack bikes. Terminators in a land raider will be pricey money and point wise so make sure it doesn't get shot down in the first few turns. The vindicator has low range so make sure you shoot it at max range so it does not scatter back onto the vindicator. Predator can be useful....but you didn't say what it is armed with....you can make it anti-tank or anti-troop.

I know I'm lacking a one troop choice, I need to buy another tactical squad. However, I'm rather low on funds, so I can't purchase that yet. You read my mind with transport tactic. I wanted to use the transports just the way you describe. I have yet to buy a Predator kit, but I'm thinking of kitting it out an anti-tank configuration. It is a tank after all. However, anti infantry would help my tactical squads. Termis and Land Raiders are expensive. What if I just spammed Razorbacks? Thanks for the tips BTW.
I-GoldenEyes-I
Itherial
I-GoldenEyes-I

1 Master Of The Forge

1 scout squad

1 vindicator

1 more attack bike

atleast 1 predator

Tell me what you think

I know I'm lacking a one troop choice, I need to buy another tactical squad. However, I'm rather low on funds, so I can't purchase that yet. You read my mind with transport tactic. I wanted to use the transports just the way you describe. I have yet to buy a Predator kit, but I'm thinking of kitting it out an anti-tank configuration. It is a tank after all. However, anti infantry would help my tactical squads. Termis and Land Raiders are expensive. What if I just spammed Razorbacks? Thanks for the tips BTW.

No problem, I have been playing for 15 years and Marines are one of my armies..Well Blood Angels anyway. Razorbacks carry 5 troops only and you want a full squad of tactical marines so they can take a beating and fight on. Five marines carrying 2 heavy weapons in the squad that gets under fire means it can be killed off faster and you lose your heavy weapon marines. If you make them ten man marines you can go with rhinos or a drop pod and also you can put your dreadnought in a drop pod too if you give it a close combat weapon it can rip through squads.

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
hey guys, I'm a rookie into the game and my army is the black templar. So far I've got am emperor's champion, a marshall, three 15 man crusader squads, and two rhino chassis. what I want to do with the army at about the 2K- 2500 pt range is four 15 man crusader squads, 2 dreadnoughts, High Marshall helbrecht, emperor's champ, 2 squaderons of three attack bikes, and 3 lascannon predators.

@ goldeneyes- troop choices troop choices troop choices. elites, fast attack and heavy support is what makes your army unique, but troop choices are what make it consistent. Nothing will make an opposing army sweat more than a fully kitted out tactical squad. Also I personally don't recommend running a razorback rush, unless you're playing against an army running some cheesy shenanigans.

This is how silly razorbacks are-
your first turn, let's just say your opponent made the first move, making their advances toward you. Because you were so keen with the counter deployment, you set up your razorback on an intercept with a big juicy, let's just say eldar scout walker. your opponent planned on using this for a forward sentry weapons platform. Little do they realize they're about to feed you a kill point. You advance the full 12 inches, and then pop your smoke launchers. normally your tactical squad are sitting ducks inside this tin can with a pair of guns on top, because a good player will jump at the chance to chew up a chunk of your army that has- an objective holding, potentially tank killing combat winning troop choice, inside a transport that has either infantry killing or light tank killing abilities. Anything you get within 8 inches of that razorback is going to have a bad day the next turn. in an assault, you must be within 6 inches of the enemy. when disemarking from a vehicle, you can be no more than 2 inches away from the hatch. 8 inches from your door and you have a mean a** assault along with what ever weapons are on top of a razorback, it's just soooo mean.

Dangerous Loiterer

Ash Badguy Faust
hey guys, I'm a rookie into the game and my army is the black templar. So far I've got am emperor's champion, a marshall, three 15 man crusader squads, and two rhino chassis. what I want to do with the army at about the 2K- 2500 pt range is four 15 man crusader squads, 2 dreadnoughts, High Marshall helbrecht, emperor's champ, 2 squaderons of three attack bikes, and 3 lascannon predators.

@ goldeneyes- troop choices troop choices troop choices. elites, fast attack and heavy support is what makes your army unique, but troop choices are what make it consistent. Nothing will make an opposing army sweat more than a fully kitted out tactical squad. Also I personally don't recommend running a razorback rush, unless you're playing against an army running some cheesy shenanigans.

This is how silly razorbacks are-
your first turn, let's just say your opponent made the first move, making their advances toward you. Because you were so keen with the counter deployment, you set up your razorback on an intercept with a big juicy, let's just say eldar scout walker. your opponent planned on using this for a forward sentry weapons platform. Little do they realize they're about to feed you a kill point. You advance the full 12 inches, and then pop your smoke launchers. normally your tactical squad are sitting ducks inside this tin can with a pair of guns on top, because a good player will jump at the chance to chew up a chunk of your army that has- an objective holding, potentially tank killing combat winning troop choice, inside a transport that has either infantry killing or light tank killing abilities. Anything you get within 8 inches of that razorback is going to have a bad day the next turn. in an assault, you must be within 6 inches of the enemy. when disemarking from a vehicle, you can be no more than 2 inches away from the hatch. 8 inches from your door and you have a mean a** assault along with what ever weapons are on top of a razorback, it's just soooo mean.

Sounds good, I may try it, without the shenagains .

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
Personally myself I like slogging troops across the field, and keeping my vehicles out of enemy assault range. Black templars have what's known as righteous zeal, so if they suffer casualties in the shooting phase, they can move an extra d6 inches.
Ash Badguy Faust
Personally myself I like slogging troops across the field, and keeping my vehicles out of enemy assault range. Black templars have what's known as righteous zeal, so if they suffer casualties in the shooting phase, they can move an extra d6 inches.

I am allowed Assault Marines as troop choices and my Death Company can have jump packs too so most of my army doesn't need transport though I can use the stormraven gunship to carry jump pack troops.

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
Yeah, I know a little bit about blood angels. I like their death company units.

Beloved Lunatic

So much about space marines. Not that there's anything wrong with space marines. It does seem that they are everywhere though. As I think about it I can't remember a game that didn't have either space marines or chaos space marines in it. Usually play team games so there's four armies on the table and the wife has chaos marines so the odds of seeing marines are a bit high for me, but their prevalence is notable. What does everyone else think about it?

Fashionable Shapeshifter

12,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200
You know, I think your right.
Watching the games at the shop to, even then there always seems to be some kind of marine army. Crazy.
And way to go on the thread picking up well. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces